🏈 Week 10: Bucs (3-5) @ Redskins (5-3)

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Fitz also has been in the league ten years longer so that is expected. Mentally Fitz is ahead of him and nots not even close. But as far as physical talent Winston has him beat easily. Unfortunately, 50% of the game is mental and another piece is physical.

90% of the game is half mental.

56 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Truth is guys, we won’t be relevant until the Glazers sell the team.

They simply can’t identify competent people to run their sports teams. Failed GM/HC hire after failed GM/HC hire.

You just need to look at how they’ve ran Man United into the ground by appointing the wrong person to run the footballing side of things. They’ve stuck with the same chief exec since 2013, despite bad transfer windows and disastrous managerial appointments.

They've got a great acumen for the business side of things, but time and time again we see them make the wrong appointments.

If the Glazers sell the team, it's leaving Tampa. Simple as that. 

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Why does dirk get the blame for not developing Jamie’s? You see in hard knocks how he was trying the coach the “stupid” out of him. It didn’t click. Jamies failed as much as he didn’t get it. He couldn’t translate to the nfl bc he was like that at Florida state. He had issues with reading coverages and decision making. 

Hes worse in the nfl bc guys are faster in the nfl than in the acc. 

Jameis failed because he was not put in a situation to succeed. If you don't recall I will bring you back to Jameis rookie year where the master mind that is Dirk Koetter gave his rookie QB who had no QB Coach and a "mentor" in Mike Glennon to give Winston the entire playbook to try and digest early on. Most young QBs have either a mentor or QB Coach AND aren't given the entire playbook to try and digest as they learn the league. The biggest idictment as you say is that Dirk had to teach the stupid out of Jameis. You know whose job that should be, his position coach who to this point has done little to instil any confidence to the point that QB has to go to his Head Coach not position coach to find out how to correct mistakes. The whole process was a system failure with the bulk of the blame being on Jameis, but Koetter was hired for the development of Winston, which the QB has regressed since being under Dirk's eye. That's why I said what I said

11 hours ago, SappDaddyDance said:

Jameis failed because he was not put in a situation to succeed. If you don't recall I will bring you back to Jameis rookie year where the master mind that is Dirk Koetter gave his rookie QB who had no QB Coach and a "mentor" in Mike Glennon to give Winston the entire playbook to try and digest early on. Most young QBs have either a mentor or QB Coach AND aren't given the entire playbook to try and digest as they learn the league. The biggest idictment as you say is that Dirk had to teach the stupid out of Jameis. You know whose job that should be, his position coach who to this point has done little to instil any confidence to the point that QB has to go to his Head Coach not position coach to find out how to correct mistakes. The whole process was a system failure with the bulk of the blame being on Jameis, but Koetter was hired for the development of Winston, which the QB has regressed since being under Dirk's eye. That's why I said what I said

Hahaha so Winston’s failure is on coaching? 

10 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Hahaha so Winston’s failure is on coaching? 

Never rooted for Florida State a day in my life. Just because someone doesn't like Mariota or never thought much of them doesn't mean they love Florida State.... Come on son 

I just think Koetter bombed as a coach, I have said on multiple forms that I'm done with Winston but most QBs fail because of the situation. And Dirk didn't do much to help his indoctrination to the NFL. It's time to move on from both

So here is a point to consider from the latest Pewter Podcast:

After the Bears game they stated that JPP and Vinny Curry just looked shelshocked by how the Bucs lost a game like that. Everyone else looked like it was normal. Now JPP and Curry seem to be slipping to the dark side where it’s normal to lose like this. The Buccaneers ruin players. These players do not know how to win. They do not have that fire. Hell, Jameis had one heck of a fire after that last game of his rookie year and you don’t see that from him anymore. We need a GM to come in here and completely rid this franchise of every coach and player aide from the ones listed below. Burn it down and start over.

Id keep:

Mike Evans

OJ Howard

Chris Godwin

Adam Humphries

Ali Marpet

JPP

Vita Vea

Lavonte David

Carlton Davis

Justin Evans

Now to find 43 other players.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Ouch, even looks worse then watching it live.

Doesn't look like Bill would make it to the first down marker either. Game should have been tied 16-16 instead our kickers can't kick and our wr can't catch. We have zero run game and our oline sucks, def is all time worst and the HC is a clown. All things considered I'm pretty happy with how Fitz has played this year.

Archived