Titans Midseason PFF Grades

TitanLegend

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

To be fair, the two CBs who have allowed near Butler's TDs (6 to his 7) are Marcus Peters and Janoris Jenkins. I dunno about Jenkins but Peters has struggled hard all season.

Signing an elite CB isn't a guarantee.

Just sign and UDFA. Can’t be any worse and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Just sign and UDFA. Can’t be any worse and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper.

It actually costs us 5.4 million more off the cap next year to cut him than it does to keep him. I don't know enough about contracts if they would cut himand bring in someone cheap, or if it's better financially to just push him down the depth chart for a season.

Honestly, if he doesn't improve, I would have to think they would take the loss now while we have the cap room.

His 2019 salary is guaranteed... so we're not just talking about prorated bonuses here, like is usually the case.

If we trade him, we only owe him the proration portion of the contract... and the new team would assume the guaranteed salary.  That is the only he way he gets cut.

IF we cut him after 2019, we'll still be dealing with prorated bonus money (dead cap hits)... but his guaranteed salaries are gone.

We're paying him $10M in salary next year... whether he's on the roster or not.  He'll be on the roster (barring a trade)... guaranteed!

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

His 2019 salary is guaranteed... so we're not just talking about prorated bonuses here, like is usually the case.

If we trade him, we only owe him the proration portion of the contract... and the new team would assume the guaranteed salary.  That is the only he way he gets cut.

IF we cut him after 2019, we'll still be dealing with prorated bonus money (dead cap hits)... but his guaranteed salaries are gone.

We're paying him $10M in salary next year... whether he's on the roster or not.  He'll be on the roster (barring a trade)... guaranteed!

Sometimes you gotta cut yo loses I remember the jets cut Revis owing him, the cowboys cut T.O owing him. It’s not like we’re in cap he’ll, keeping this man only hurts the team more & more 

7 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Not to toot my own horn but...I remember calling Butler a liability after week 2 when Davante beat him deep in the preseason, followed by Stills and Fuller the following 2 weeks and some of you folks were calling me crazy.

I was witcha I’ve seen highlights in camp of him constantly getting beat 

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Not to toot my own horn but...I remember calling Butler a liability after week 2 when Davante beat him deep in the preseason, followed by Stills and Fuller the following 2 weeks and some of you folks were calling me crazy.

I mean I called it a blah signing when it happened. Dude had one solid year but is mostly known for one play. Other then that, he’s been very below average. Never deserved a contract even close.

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Sometimes you gotta cut yo loses I remember the jets cut Revis owing him, the cowboys cut T.O owing him. It’s not like we’re in cap he’ll, keeping this man only hurts the team more & more 

Did they save money and call space with those move. They did. 

Do the Titans by cutting him before the end of the 2019 season. Nope. 

Archived