Relax...we're 5-3...just where we needed to be...now this is what we need to help us going forward!

aceinthehouse

Yes, the injuries are killers. (mainly the Sheriff) but we can still ride this wave of good fortune.

Here's what we need!

We got @Bucs, Texans, @Cowboys, @Eagles (Mon night) & Giants over the next 5 games.

We need to win 2 out of those 5 games, no matter what!

Those 2 must be Divisional games. Obviously, there's 3 listed. (doesn't matter who)

Why does this matter? Because even if that had us at 7-6. We would be sitting at 4-1 in the division, with only Eagles finale at home left.

If this happens, than any victory over Tampa Bay or Houston is gravy for us in helping us earn a Division title.

The Eagles/cowboys matchup Sunday night is huge for us. Why?

Because if Dallas wins, we will at least have a 1 game lead over both with us losing to Tampa. 2 game lead if we beat Tampa.

If Eagles win, it drops Dallas to 3-6 for the year & pretty much ends there season.

With us only needing to worry about Philly. Who btw...still need to play Rams & Saints.

look up. It's gonna be ok!

I like the optimism.  If our d can step up and Smith can muster up a halfway decent offense I think we can win 4 more. I really hope we can at least split with Philly.  The offense line scares me though.  I really want AP to get 1000 yards this season. I'll be at the Tampa game Sunday.  I have a feeling DJax is going to request a bomb.

35 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yes, the injuries are killers. (mainly the Sheriff) but we can still ride this wave of good fortune.

Here's what we need!

We got @Bucs, Texans, @Cowboys, @Eagles (Mon night) & Giants over the next 5 games.

We need to win 2 out of those 5 games, no matter what!

Those 2 must be Divisional games. Obviously, there's 3 listed. (doesn't matter who)

Why does this matter? Because even if that had us at 7-6. We would be sitting at 4-1 in the division, with only Eagles finale at home left.

If this happens, than any victory over Tampa Bay or Houston is gravy for us in helping us earn a Division title.

The Eagles/cowboys matchup Sunday night is huge for us. Why?

Because if Dallas wins, we will at least have a 1 game lead over both with us losing to Tampa. 2 game lead if we beat Tampa.

If Eagles win, it drops Dallas to 3-6 for the year & pretty much ends there season.

With us only needing to worry about Philly. Who btw...still need to play Rams & Saints.

look up. It's gonna be ok!

I don't think 8-8 wins the division, even with tiebreakers.  We have to go 9-7 to have a chance, and have the tiebreaker against Philly because I believe they'll finish 9-7.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think 8-8 wins the division, even with tiebreakers.  We have to go 9-7 to have a chance, and have the tiebreaker against Philly because I believe they'll finish 9-7.

I got in on Bovada at +150 for them Sunday to win the division. Redskins were at +160.

It dropped all the way to EVEN today for the Eagles. 

I had 12-4 with guice

8-8 without him

10-6 with the signing of AP. So I'm sticking with 10-6.

I think our 5 other wins will be Giants & Texans @home & the finale with Philly at home.

@ the Cowboys on Thanksgiving & surprisingly...@ Titans.

I think we lose this Sunday vs Tampa

I think we lose @ Jacksonville & of course @Philly on Monday Night.

boom! 10-6

5-3 better than I thought at the halfway mark. The Atl game was a stinker, but only one game where we killed ourselves with penalties, extremely poor offensive coaching, play calling, adjustments and decision making. Defense was dog tired. 

defense much better- not great because we struggle with elite qb’s and potent passing attacks. Our ILB’s get exposed for the last 20 years. But I expect the D to continue to improve

the injuries hurt, but that’s football- if you have a competent Front office you plan for that and it’s next man up. Lauvao getting injured was the easiest prediction all year.

Tbe remainder of the season is a referendum on  Gruden as a head coach. Competent coaches adjust, adapt and are successful. Need to go 5-3 to win the division. 

Anything less and there is simply no football reason to retain Gruden. Don’t fall into a losers trap- blame officiating, blame injuries, blame bad breaks etc... successful people control their own destiny- doc’s rules of life 14. 

If we fold and finish the second half less than .500 no reasonable person can argue we should go into 2019 without major changes to the GM and Head Coach who built this team. 

To me is simple.  You can't hope for anything if you can't beat a team like the Bucs.  Their D is average at best, they offense is average at best.  You got to beat "average" if you want to win your division.  Yes we have injuries on offense, but on D where the strength of this teams lays, we got to show up and dominate.  We do that and we win.

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

To me is simple.  You can't hope for anything if you can't beat a team like the Bucs.  Their D is average at best, they offense is average at best.  You got to beat "average" if you want to win your division.  Yes we have injuries on offense, but on D where the strength of this teams lays, we got to show up and dominate.  We do that and we win.

Uh .... the Bucs offense with Fitz is really good. And so far, the defense only seems to be able to dominate middle of the road offenses.

We have above average talent on defense. It’s young on the DL. Expect learning and inconsistency 

One thing is certain: we aren’t ever going to out scheme or out coach anybody with this staff on O and D. We will only win when we have superior talent. 

Thats why all you Gruden fans are destined for disappointment.i can’t recall him EVER out coaching or out scheming another team where we acknowledge what a great job he did isolating a strength for us on a weakness for the other team. That’s what you coach should do

lastly Gruden is similar to a fat guy who goes on a diet for a few weeks.hes all motivated, tough on his team, works hard and then when he loses a few pounds eases off and pigs out at DD and KFC. Gruden is a images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJi3wiBMaGS_iQTtxEZVXgiphy.gif

but im still not prepared to throw in the towel on this season. If Danny boy tells gruden, when the division or you’re fired, he’ll have the best motivation to consistently work hard and perform 

On 11/7/2018 at 3:42 AM, Doc Draper said:

5-3 better than I thought at the halfway mark. The Atl game was a stinker, but only one game where we killed ourselves with penalties, extremely poor offensive coaching, play calling, adjustments and decision making. Defense was dog tired. 

Uhh, has the Indianapolis game escaped your memory?

I’ve thought all along this is an 8-8 or 9-7 team and I still think that, especially with the injuries to 4 of our 5 starting OL, PRich - who’s been our best sWR this this year - and our two starring guards being out for the year.

I didn’t expect us to be 5-3 at the mid way point, but do I expect us to finish the season 5-3? No, I do not.

The only way I see us going 5-3 down the stretch is if this offense becomes more explosive and consistent with the return of  Crowder and Thompson in the coming weeks. Those two can make a difference when they return and should, that for sure.

Archived