Lions signed WR Bruce Ellington. waived Ameer Abdullah

flyguy1609

Moves at RB that should of been made a couple weeks ago when we actually needed a runner to not fumble...

Whatever with Ellington, hard to get excited when there is nothing to play for really. 

I'm in the next GM search mode already, Stafford trade mode(even if it means taking the cap hit), New coach, new QB. Moving on from a lot of these veterans... If Mrs. Ford and Rod Wood need help or an adviser on the next hire at GM I'm totally available. Contact me here on the site, MSG me privately and I'll give you my number, email, and address if either are reading this. Don't have the academic credentials like standard but people use to take chances on `ol farm boys like me. 

2 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Moves at RB that should of been made a couple weeks ago when we actually needed a runner to not fumble...

Whatever with Ellington, hard to get excited when there is nothing to play for really. 

I'm in the next GM search mode already, Stafford trade mode(even if it means taking the cap hit), New coach, new QB. Moving on from a lot of these veterans... If Mrs. Ford and Rod Wood need help or an adviser on the next hire at GM I'm totally available. Contact me here on the site, MSG me privately and I'll give you my number, email, and address if either are reading this. Don't have the academic credentials like standard but people use to take chances on `ol farm boys like me. 

There’s nothing with this team to get excited about. Just the same failure year after year.

They bring in new staff, start the hype train only to crash and burn. 

Win a few games, get fans excited, self destruct. Wash, rinse, repeat.

They’ve had 50 years to figure it out but can’t.

I’m done with them. I don’t have the time energy or enthusiasm to watch this any longer.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So... you guys are not a fan of Abdullah, huh?

He’s got some good athleticism though I think he lost some after his injury. He can run decent routes and I’d say is average pass catcher. As far as blocking he seems to have lapses but I’d say average to just below average there. As a runner, I don’t think he has great vision or patience. If he gets a decent hole he can make a guy or two miss but he doesn’t really break tackles. If someone can get a solid grip on him he’s usually going down. 

You add that up with too many fumbles and nobody is gonna like him. 

Archived