Week 10 GDT: AZ @ KC

onejayhawk

You have to love it when a TV commentator refers to 375 yards and three TD as, "your basic Mahomes game." No one has ever averaged 375 yards and 3 TD/G has only been done four times. Ho hum, just another day at work. Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Kareem Hunt carved up a very good Cleveland defense for 499 yards and 4 TD.

Speaking of Hunt, few have noticed that his season is tracking his breakout rookie year, a little less rushing, a little more receiving, about the same in toto. Well, he has twice as many TD per game, but that is usually acceptable.

This week we get the Cardinals. Let's clip some wings.

46.jpg

This screams trap game. An easier opponent with a big game looming the following week, I just hope we aren't looking ahead.

I expect Hunt to have a huge game. It'd be nice to see Mahomes break the single game TD record this week. I find it crazy that I think it's possible any week and it's only limited by how many drives we have.

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

This screams trap game. An easier opponent with a big game looming the following week, I just hope we aren't looking ahead.

I expect Hunt to have a huge game. It'd be nice to see Mahomes break the single game TD record this week. I find it crazy that I think it's possible any week and it's only limited by how many drives we have.

If any game was going to be a trap, it would've been the Browns game. The talent gap is waaaaaaay too big for this one. The Cardinals have so little going for them right now. They've scored over 20 points once all season, and that involved their defense scoring a TD and securing 5 turnovers. And their offense still barely broke 200 yards that day. Last week was their first game with over 300 yards. And both of the above games were against the same team. 

For sure the browns was a trap game in that by records at least.  I never doubted Baker could put up points though and I am sure PM2 doesn't forget that college game.  But on the brighter side we are winning games we are supposed to win and that my friends is the mark of a great team.

If Reid is smart, he'll let more of his offensive, specialty backups play. There's not alot of talent downside, so he can do it. Let the starters play a half, then bring on Spencer Ware, Conley, D. Robinson, D.Harris, etc.. It's a good chance to rest some guys a bit. This season is long to get to the Bye week. We'll look better against the Rams in a tough game upcoming.

And yes, me and the NFL are looking ahead for that one.

I think it would be the right decision to let him rest a week, if there is any chance, that he could be injured worse. We need him against the Rams. We can' t really afford to lose any game as long as the Patriots keep winning as well. That #1 spot is important. Anyway, i hope we don't underestimate the Cardinals. No matter how bad a team plays, there is never a guaranteed win in the NFL.

Archived