Allison to IR, Whitehead released....

dafreak

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Gute don't .... around guys.

He'd be banning so many of you if he were a mod, it'd be just the church mouses around.

Two observations:

If I'm MM - I'm sitting less easy in my chair. I see this as Gute taking on a role I think should be the HC's: keeping the troops straight.

Anybody who wondered aloud who was controlling things (read: roster) - recent moves should remove any of that wonderment from your minds.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Two observations:

If I'm MM - I'm sitting less easy in my chair. I see this as Gute taking on a role I think should be the HC's: keeping the troops straight.

Anybody who wondered aloud who was controlling things (read: roster) - recent moves should remove any of that wonderment from your minds.

It does look like it is clearly Gute's team now.  He's ruling this roster with an iron fist.

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Maybe in the same way TyMon was a crutch to Mac and Gute probably wanted more Jones/Williams, maybe this is Gute saying "I want you to play Josh Jones more and now you have no choice."

If so - good. I dont mind the messaging one bit.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't know the answer, but bringing in Campbell ( a guy that played for Pettine in Cleveland) and cutting Whitehead doesn't strike me as Gute seizing control.  Seems he may be more responsive to the coaches than Thompson was?

Thats a good point....and totally possible as well.
I know nothing of the guy coming in....is he an upgrade over Whitehead?

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I don't know the answer, but bringing in Campbell ( a guy that played for Pettine in Cleveland) and cutting Whitehead doesn't strike me as Gute seizing control.  Seems he may be more responsive to the coaches than Thompson was?

I think it's both. Gute is listening to his coaches about what players they like AND he is sending a message by cutting a "starter" & trading two other players away who didn't want to be there. 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

I gotta say - I am big fan of Gute. The guy is not messing around. 

The Green Bay country club for Packer players that formerly existed at 1265 Lombardi Avenue ceased operations in early January of 2018.

Somehow a number of players remained blissfully unaware of its closing. I think those who remain with the team all know about the closing by now.

Gute has already taken a meat cleaver to the roster he inherited and he ain't done cutting.

I wonder how many players who were on the roster will remain come opening day 2019? 

Well done Gute.

Archived