Optimism? WHAT?!

gopackgo27

Been on this sub since 2007, the ole Randy Moss days. I'm here to spread some optimism...

I understand being optimistic isn't very popular right now but hear me out for a bit. Reasons to be optimistic...

1. We just arguably played the 2 best teams in the NFL and did not look outmatched whatsoever, in fact, if not for 2 fumbles, we may have beaten BOTH teams, ON THE ROAD. Granted things got out of hand in NE but lets not forget that it was 17-17 in the 4th qtr and we were going in for the go ahead score before Jones fumbled. These past 2 weeks have shown me that we can hang with the best of the best, we just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb turnovers, penalties, mistakes. Take away the 4th quarter in NE & through 7 quarters of football IN New England and IN Los Angeles, we were outscored 46-44, not exactly the 2018 Oakland Raiders people.

2. Lets not sit here and act like MM's teams don't perform best when the odds are the longest. One thing you can definitely say about McCarthy is that he knows how to rally the troops when it looks impossible. Lets take a look...

2009- started 4-4, finished 11-5.

2010- started 3-3, needed to win last 2 games to get in playoffs, we know how that finished.

2012- started 3-3, finished 11-5.

2013- started 5-6-1, Rodgers broken collarbone pt.1, finished 8-7-1 & won division.

2016- started 4-6, RAN THE TABLE all the way to the NFC Championship.

Clearly, MM's teams start poorly & finish strong, especially when things look most bleak.

3. We have guys stepping up all over the place. Jaire, Aaron Jones, MVS, Kenny Clark, and have a feeling we're going to have a few more names pop up on this list as the season goes on (Josh Jones, Josh Jackson, Burks). This team is talented, arguably the deepest team we've had in a handful of years sans OL & safety. 

4. Mike Pettine. Anyone who has watched a single GB game this year has to see how much better our Defense has looked. Granted it's been inconsistent but overall, this Defense has had way more good times than bad. Now if we can add some more turnovers into the mix, and get more production out of Clay/Perry, we could see a really, really good unit as we move towards the playoff push.

5. Aaron Rodgers. Shall I go on? We have the most talented QB in the history of the league, we ALWAYS have a chance. He needs to play better and he knows it, he said as much after our loss to NE. A pissed off, chip on his shoulder, Aaron Rodgers is the best Aaron Rodgers. 

The season is not lost, we're right in the mix to win the division and host a playoff game. I fully believe this team is capable of making a run, starting this week with Miami.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

Image result for game of thrones aaron rodgers

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, it's nice to have more positive voices.  Sick of being one of like four people here keeping that flame alive.  We're winning it all this year.

baby steps

i went through all the remaining games, and its very likely, and fact probable the we win our division

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

I may feel differently, but I couldn’t possibly pi$$ on this parade of optimism.  In fact, I’ll employ Plato’s wager (applied to football) and get on board with this - I believe!

Ain't that Pascal's Wager?

green bay: 10-5-1

wins: miami, arizona, atlanta, detroit, at chicago, at ny jets, at seattle

loss: at minnesota

minnesota: 9-6-1

losses: at chicago, at ne, at seattle

wins: green bay, miami, at detroit, chicago

chicago: 8-8

wins: minnesota, detroit, sf

losses: at detroit, at ny giants, rams, packers, at vikings

detroit: 6-10

wins: chicago, at arizona, at buffalo

losses: at chicago, carolina, rams, vikings, at gb

gb gets the 3 seed.

Love the optimism.  Hope this turns out to be the case.  Not feeling it at the moment.  Maybe they can get on a roll gain some swagger.  It's too early to write them off but if they dump at home against Miami I'm putting a fork in the season and will go into draft mode.  The Pack needs to get it's act together and in a hurry.  

3 hours ago, Malfatron said:

green bay: 10-5-1

wins: miami, arizona, atlanta, detroit, at chicago, at ny jets, at seattle

loss: at minnesota

minnesota: 9-6-1

losses: at chicago, at ne, at seattle

wins: green bay, miami, at detroit, chicago

chicago: 8-8

wins: minnesota, detroit, sf

losses: at detroit, at ny giants, rams, packers, at vikings

detroit: 6-10

wins: chicago, at arizona, at buffalo

losses: at chicago, carolina, rams, vikings, at gb

gb gets the 3 seed.

Im a believer!

I don't know if we'll win the division but I kinda like the direction the team is on.   I like the young WRs Gute found.  MVS might be a real gem.  We need to upgrade the TE position.  Graham isn't getting any younger.  A. Jones seems to be an up and coming RB.  He usually gets positive yards even if they hit him early.  Perhaps he'll have to put both hands on the ball when he is in traffic going forward.  We have good tackles and it looked like Spriggs held up well after Bulaga went down.  If we can fortify the interior of the O line this offseason our offense might become formidable again in 2019.

It is encouraging what Pettine is doing with this band of misfits.  We have a couple of really nice players (Daniels, Clark, Martinez and Alexander) to build this defense around.  We need to improve the pass rush and OLBs.   If we can get a few more impact players on that side of the ball our defense will be good enough.  So even if we don't make the playoffs this year it isn't the end of the world.  We have a lot to be excited about going forward.   :)

IF Rodgers can get back to his normal capabilities, then this team could run the table. If he stays on the current course, the defense will have to step up and that means King has to stay on the field. So you need two guys to step up, Rodgers and King. If either do, then the team goes to the playoffs....if not, just don't see them finishing better than 8-7-1

Margin of error in the NFL is slim.  Thinking it is the execution of 6 key plays or so during a game.

We've been very spoiled over Rodgers career in that he makes those key plays look easy.  And GB typically triumphs.

Not the case this year.  Our great quarterback is playing at an only "average" level in that league.

I agree about the optimism...I like what the young kids are doing.  I like what Pettine is doing.  Rodgers just needs to play at his elite level.

Archived