Optimism? WHAT?!

gopackgo27

On 11/6/2018 at 9:04 PM, gopackgo27 said:

Been on this sub since 2007, the ole Randy Moss days. I'm here to spread some optimism...

I understand being optimistic isn't very popular right now but hear me out for a bit. Reasons to be optimistic...

1. We just arguably played the 2 best teams in the NFL and did not look outmatched whatsoever, in fact, if not for 2 fumbles, we may have beaten BOTH teams, ON THE ROAD. Granted things got out of hand in NE but lets not forget that it was 17-17 in the 4th qtr and we were going in for the go ahead score before Jones fumbled. These past 2 weeks have shown me that we can hang with the best of the best, we just need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with dumb turnovers, penalties, mistakes. Take away the 4th quarter in NE & through 7 quarters of football IN New England and IN Los Angeles, we were outscored 46-44, not exactly the 2018 Oakland Raiders people.

2. Lets not sit here and act like MM's teams don't perform best when the odds are the longest. One thing you can definitely say about McCarthy is that he knows how to rally the troops when it looks impossible. Lets take a look...

2009- started 4-4, finished 11-5.

2010- started 3-3, needed to win last 2 games to get in playoffs, we know how that finished.

2012- started 3-3, finished 11-5.

2013- started 5-6-1, Rodgers broken collarbone pt.1, finished 8-7-1 & won division.

2016- started 4-6, RAN THE TABLE all the way to the NFC Championship.

Clearly, MM's teams start poorly & finish strong, especially when things look most bleak.

3. We have guys stepping up all over the place. Jaire, Aaron Jones, MVS, Kenny Clark, and have a feeling we're going to have a few more names pop up on this list as the season goes on (Josh Jones, Josh Jackson, Burks). This team is talented, arguably the deepest team we've had in a handful of years sans OL & safety. 

4. Mike Pettine. Anyone who has watched a single GB game this year has to see how much better our Defense has looked. Granted it's been inconsistent but overall, this Defense has had way more good times than bad. Now if we can add some more turnovers into the mix, and get more production out of Clay/Perry, we could see a really, really good unit as we move towards the playoff push.

5. Aaron Rodgers. Shall I go on? We have the most talented QB in the history of the league, we ALWAYS have a chance. He needs to play better and he knows it, he said as much after our loss to NE. A pissed off, chip on his shoulder, Aaron Rodgers is the best Aaron Rodgers. 

The season is not lost, we're right in the mix to win the division and host a playoff game. I fully believe this team is capable of making a run, starting this week with Miami.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS.

Image result for game of thrones aaron rodgers

You can get banned from some Packer sites for having this much optimism.  Ask me how I know.  

18 minutes ago, Howler said:

The optimism lies in the post-McCarthy era. The cupboard is not bare. 

You're right.  Moving forward there's a lot of good youth.  There needs to be a cleaning of some big contracts and build around the new core with some free agents and draft picks.  There's a lot of reason for optimism.  It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out and who can make the most of opportunities in the back half of the season.

8 minutes ago, Kepler said:

How do you know?

Been banned because the Green and Gold Koolaid I drank was too much.  That and my green and gold glasses obviously blurred my vision.  The site I was banned from really likes to rip the organization and apparently I pushed back too much.   

33 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

You can get banned from some Packer sites for having this much optimism.  Ask me how I know.  

Should have read entire thread...

I'll say this...One.  Game.  At.  A.  Time.  Let's win this one and see where it goes.

I think it's hilarious how basically every beat writer has written us off but then says we can beat anyone. I just listened to the Cohen podcast (don't it's pretty terrible) - Him and Ty Dunne talk about how the roster stinks, they have no defensive talent and Rodgers sucks. They then go on to list all of the playoff teams saying that we could beat any of them besides the Saints in the Superdome (Ty Dunne also said the Bears LOL). 

They are both McGinn disciples so crapping on the Packers how they were raised but the talking out of both sides of their mouths is laughable. 

12 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

I think it's hilarious how basically every beat writer has written us off but then says we can beat anyone. I just listened to the Cohen podcast (don't it's pretty terrible) - Him and Ty Dunne talk about how the roster stinks, they have no defensive talent and Rodgers sucks. They then go on to list all of the playoff teams saying that we could beat any of them besides the Saints in the Superdome (Ty Dunne also said the Bears LOL). 

They are both McGinn disciples so crapping on the Packers how they were raised but the talking out of both sides of their mouths is laughable. 

I found out not too long ago that Cohen has me blocked on Twitter.

feltgoodman

With the Panthers defense just giving up 52 to the Steelers, I hope people are starting to realize that 31 is the new 24.

2013, 8 teams allowed less than 21 points per game. 
2014, 8 teams allowed less than 21 points per game. 
2015, 12 teams allowed less than 21 points per game. 
2016, 12 teams allowed less than 21 points per game. 
Last season, 12 teams allowed less than 21 points per game. 
This season, 7 teams are allowing less than 21 points per game. 

Last season, only 7 teams allowed 24 points or more per game.
This season, 16 teams are allowing 24 points or more per game.

You'd have to go back to before 2002 (and probably further back, if ever) to find the last time two teams have given up over 30 points a game.  We've got those two teams this year. 

42 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i would rather pull off the bandaid and take all of the remaining games at once

Winning cures a lot of ills, man.  Start with one, then get two.  If this team can somehow beat the Vikings and Bears, the whole season changes.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Winning cures a lot of ills, man.  Start with one, then get two.  If this team can somehow beat the Vikings and Bears, the whole season changes.

since the miami game and seattle game are so close together, im gonna group them together

5-4-1 aint bad

Randall Cobb isn't sounding optimistic, and that's a good thing:

“We’ve lost games before here, but this just feels different,” Cobb said, via ESPN.com. “And it doesn’t feel good. It’s not fun. But we’ve got to figure something out. … Yeah, I mean we definitely need some momentum, we need to get a win,” Cobb said. “I can tell you, this isn’t fun. Very frustrating and it’s tough. Because I know what we’re capable of and we’re not there. I don’t know what it is, but we’ve got to find a way to get it done.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/09/randall-cobb-this-year-feels-different-and-it-doesnt-feel-good/

Past years there was too much optimism and trust in Rodgers to turn things around.  It was almost like everybody just expected things to magically turn around.  Last year, everybody automatically assumed Rodgers would save them, and we fell flat against the Panthers. 

In 2010, nobody expected it to be Rodgers to dominate in 3/4 playoff games, or even against the Bears (and he didn't), so the defense stepped up.  Just like they will this year. 

Archived