Second Playoff Committee Rankings

naptownskinsfan

17 hours ago, mse326 said:

Yeah how dare they include the best 2 teams in the country, that was a travesty.

So people really want the possibility of a Pac 12 south team in the playoffs? ACC Coastal? B1G West? Conference championships are being significantly overrated in terms their correlation to getting the best teams in the playoffs.

By your logic then in the NFL they should just take the top 6 teams regardless if they won their divisions or not. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

It’s a matter of preference. I don’t like seeing non-conference winners play in a 4-team playoff where conference champs are excluded. Has nothing to do with the team or conference. I’d feel that way if an undefeated OSU played an undefeated UM and lost and both were considered top 4. Just not my preference. As it is, I do expect consistency though. I agree with @MWil23 though about 2015 OSU. It was the same team that won the 2014 title. They didn’t go to the playoffs because they slipped up vs MSU and didn’t win the conference. Other one loss conference champs went over them. Everyone knew they were top 4. I actually had no problem with them getting left out because I don’t think non conference champs should advance under our current system. But then they aren’t consistent with that philosophy. Get some objective criteria. 

5 hours ago, Lions017 said:

That's how it works in pretty much every other sport, though. The teams that earn it by winning their division or conference are the ones that make the playoff, whether they're the "best" team on paper or not. I don't understand why suddenly college football is all about picking the "best" teams. Why even play all of the games if that's the case? At least with conference championships there's some set criteria for qualifying and it's not just whoever people think is the best team. I like how college football, with it's short season, places a value on every single game. That goes away if it doesn't necessarily matter who wins the conference championship. You can lose a game and it doesn't matter anymore as long as it happens at the right time. 

Because while their are the occasional anomalies the major leagues are generally close enough that the winner of a division is worthy of a playoff spot.

More importantly the divisions don't have a random one off championship game that can see a clearly inferior team in the division win it by luck of one game. The Patriots won't have to play the Bills in an AFC East championship game to see who represents it in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

By your logic then in the NFL they should just take the top 6 teams regardless if they won their divisions or not. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

How often is one of the division winners clearly inferior to the #3 wild card?

Do the divisions have their own championship games that give a chance for representation to a team clearly inferior to the best team in that division? That is how often is the best team in an NFL division NOT the winner of that division?

How often are one of the top 5 teams in the NFL not in the playoffs?

Why are you prioritizing Power 5 over Group of 5? If it is competition then why doesn't that similarly show why a non-champion power 5 team in a stronger power 5 conference deserves to go over the champion of an inferior conference?

-8 teams

-5 Power 5 conference champions + 3 at large teams

-Conference champions must have no more than 2 losses. If a conference champion has 3 or more losses, then that conference is disqualified from an automatic bid and there would instead be 4 at large bids

-Power 5 teams must schedule no more than 1 game against non-FBS teams and have at least 1 OOC game against a Power 5 team

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

-8 teams

-Conference champions must have no more than 2 losses. If a conference champion has 3 or more losses, then that conference is disqualified from an automatic bid and there would instead be 4 at large bids

-Power 5 teams must schedule no more than 1 game against non-FBS teams (must be played within the first 3 weeks of the season) have at least 1 OOC game against a Power 5 team

just adding to yours

On 11/9/2018 at 5:44 PM, seminoles1 said:

-8 teams

-Power 5 teams must schedule no more than 1 game against non-FBS teams and have at least 1 OOC game against a Power 5 team

Mse326 this right here. No more than two losses would correct your issues with the six team format. 

Mc

On 11/11/2018 at 7:37 PM, Mastercheddaar said:

Mse326 this right here. No more than two losses would correct your issues with the six team format. 

Mc

And can you list all the schools that would except this setup? I can. All of them are below:

/endlist

11 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I'd say not to leave it up to the schools, approach the Conf Commissioners, and say join up, or leave the NCAA.

Which is what i really want...for there to be no more NCAA as is currently is (For basketball & Football at least) 

NCAA is such a corrupt entity I’d actually agree. It’s insane. 

Archived