Dez Bryant to New Orleans Saints

Chargers

8 hours ago, Classic said:
I'm surprised he wasn't picked up sooner, he still has a lot left in the tank. I'm not sure why the Saints are making the move but hopefully it works out for them.

Well, Ted Ginn is on IR, and essentially all we have is Thomas.  If Thomas goes down, we're in trouble.  Across from Thomas, we have Trequan Smith and Austin Carr.

Cam Meredith is a complete non factor.  Waste of a signing.  If Dez can contribute even a little, it'll be a good pick up.

Dez across the field from Mike Thomas with Brees throwing the ball and Kamar and Ingram in the backfield, is super bad news for the rest of the NFC in the playoffs.  Dez doesnt have to he superman in NO, he just has to keep teams honest and catch the 50/50 balls in the end zone.

11 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

He's done as a WR, there's a reason Dallas let him walk when their next best receiver was a poor man's Julian Edelman. 

His body has been broken for 2 years. It compounded with his desire to be the alpha is why he left. 

I hope the Saints win the 'bowl since there is basically 0% chance we do. 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Dez across the field from Mike Thomas with Brees throwing the ball and Kamar and Ingram in the backfield, is super bad news for the rest of the NFC in the playoffs.  Dez doesnt have to he superman in NO, he just has to keep teams honest and catch the 50/50 balls in the end zone.

Bingo

sad part is, meredith is 100% healthy. he just doesn't know where to be for brees to find him, he can't learn the playbook.

brees and payton don't trust him at all, he played like 19 snaps last week on a team that really needs a reliable #3 to Kamara and Thomas

9 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I suspect Dez is probably being underrated and as a #2 in NO, he's going to be more than adequate. tbh, I hope he puts up 8/150/2 vs Dallas in a couple of weeks. 

Dallas? The Eagles next week. 

Don't for a second think this wasn't a calculated move by the Saints given 3 of their next 4 opponents.

Cin

Philly

ATL

Dallas

As a #2, this is a very strong move for a team deep in contention. Dez is going to draw some choice coverage pretty much every snap, and Drew Brees likes to throw to big, physical targets - so Dez should put in good snaps for the Saints.

I really like the signing. It might not be the dez of old anymore, but him having a HOF QB, creative coach, a legit #1 WR across from him, and a dynamic RB duo that defenses need to account for at all times should help him find some favorable match-ups that he hasn't seen before. I also like this signing playing against a team like the Rams in the playoffs. If they get Talib back they are going to have him shadow Michael Thomas most likely to try to contain his physicality. By signing Dez it allows us to put another big physical WR against Marcus Peters who appears to struggle horribly against that type of WR. My only concern is keeping Dez's ego in check, I'd like to think the allure of being on a team with a legit Super Bowl chance would keep him humble, but you never know with him.

Archived