Dez Bryant to New Orleans Saints

Chargers

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I will be there to see my Cowboys smashed into a 1000 little pieces. 

Remember when we were 13-0 one time?

The Cowboys broke my spirit and stole my joy that cold December night. 

So you have it coming!

The old saying goes can god create a boobie so big even he can’t lift it and it kinda works for here. Can one of the most accurate and talented quarterbacks of all time throw a pass so perfectly that even Dez can’t drop it?

26 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I really like the signing. It might not be the dez of old anymore, but him having a HOF QB, creative coach, a legit #1 WR across from him, and a dynamic RB duo that defenses need to account for at all times should help him find some favorable match-ups that he hasn't seen before. I also like this signing playing against a team like the Rams in the playoffs. If they get Talib back they are going to have him shadow Michael Thomas most likely to try to contain his physicality. By signing Dez it allows us to put another big physical WR against Marcus Peters who appears to struggle horribly against that type of WR. My only concern is keeping Dez's ego in check, I'd like to think the allure of being on a team with a legit Super Bowl chance would keep him humble, but you never know with him.

I'm less worried about Dez's ego considering the Saints locker room.  Too much experience as well as a flat out no doubt about it better WR in Michael Thomas.  Cooks wanted to be paid and couldn't handle Thomas being better than him, Dez will know this coming into the team that he's the #2/3 guy.

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm less worried about Dez's ego considering the Saints locker room.  Too much experience as well as a flat out no doubt about it better WR in Michael Thomas.  Cooks wanted to be paid and couldn't handle Thomas being better than him, Dez will know this coming into the team that he's the #2/3 guy.

Yeah I'm really hoping that is the case.

Pretty happy about this signing. Saints seem perfectly content to ground and pound and beat teams with short/intermediate passes. Dez fits right in as a big physical possession receiver. 

I'm still a little worried that the Saints don't have a true burner to take the top off of coverages, but this may turn out to be a really underrated signing. Dez will constantly be lining up against #2 (or lower) CBs, and with Brees' pinpoint accuracy....

53 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's not about any of the WR's in the room ,on that team or their talent. He won't be an issue because of the 1st ballot HOF QB leading that Offense and the instant respect he must/will give Brees.

Dez like when playing with Romo isn't stupid. He knows how to fall in line. That was never the case with a Rookie and 2nd year lesser QB in Dak Prescott, rightfully so.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I hope the Saints win the SB now. But only on the condition that Dez has to flip off Jerry to the camera and the whole FO after the win. Garrett and Linehan included. 

See I was rooting for Brees if the Eagles couldn't repeat. Because of Dez, I'm now changing said opinion. Still view him as a damn Cowboy I want winning nothing. 😎

However I'm good with what you suggested after their game in a few weeks!! 🍺👍

QB: Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill (QB/RB/WR/FB)

RB: Kamara, Ingram

WR: Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Tre'Quan Smith, Cameron Meredith, Ted Ginn*

TE: Ben Watson, Josh Hill

OL: Top 3 in the NFL

That is a ton of skill player talent/depth. This appears to be the most talented Saints offense in the Brees/Payton era.

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

QB: Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill (QB/RB/WR/FB)

RB: Kamara, Ingram

WR: Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Tre'Quan Smith, Cameron Meredith, Ted Ginn*

TE: Ben Watson, Josh Hill

OL: Top 3 in the NFL

That is a ton of skill player talent/depth. This appears to be the most talented Saints offense in the Brees/Payton era.

which is amazing considering they won't be setting the records that they did in the 2011 season I think it was.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

which is amazing considering they won't be setting the records that they did in the 2011 season I think it was.

I agree for the most part. They may end up with an improved PPG this year if they hold this same rate in the 2nd half of the season, but yeah, I doubt they hit the yardage marks and such that they did in 2011. I would say that this year we have likely had a harder schedule than in 2011. 

Archived