Jump to content
Classic

Dez Bryant to New Orleans Saints

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I will be there to see my Cowboys smashed into a 1000 little pieces. 

Remember when we were 13-0 one time?

The Cowboys broke my spirit and stole my joy that cold December night. 

So you have it coming!

Edited by Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dome said:

Remember when we were 13-0 one time?

The Cowboys broke my spirit and stole my joy that cold December night. 

So you have it coming!

I've never forgiven them for that night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old saying goes can god create a boobie so big even he can’t lift it and it kinda works for here. Can one of the most accurate and talented quarterbacks of all time throw a pass so perfectly that even Dez can’t drop it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dome said:

Remember when we were 13-0 one time?

The Cowboys broke my spirit and stole my joy that cold December night. 

So you have it coming!

DeMarcus Ware isnt on our team anymore... so thats not going to happen again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I really like the signing. It might not be the dez of old anymore, but him having a HOF QB, creative coach, a legit #1 WR across from him, and a dynamic RB duo that defenses need to account for at all times should help him find some favorable match-ups that he hasn't seen before. I also like this signing playing against a team like the Rams in the playoffs. If they get Talib back they are going to have him shadow Michael Thomas most likely to try to contain his physicality. By signing Dez it allows us to put another big physical WR against Marcus Peters who appears to struggle horribly against that type of WR. My only concern is keeping Dez's ego in check, I'd like to think the allure of being on a team with a legit Super Bowl chance would keep him humble, but you never know with him.

I'm less worried about Dez's ego considering the Saints locker room.  Too much experience as well as a flat out no doubt about it better WR in Michael Thomas.  Cooks wanted to be paid and couldn't handle Thomas being better than him, Dez will know this coming into the team that he's the #2/3 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm less worried about Dez's ego considering the Saints locker room.  Too much experience as well as a flat out no doubt about it better WR in Michael Thomas.  Cooks wanted to be paid and couldn't handle Thomas being better than him, Dez will know this coming into the team that he's the #2/3 guy.

Yeah I'm really hoping that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Orleans' second leading WR has 12 catches this year. There should be plenty of room for Dez to come in and have an immediate impact.

Unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good low risk signing for them, with ginn out they didny really have another outside wr a nd if hes done they can just cut him loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the Saints win the SB now. But only on the condition that Dez has to flip off Jerry to the camera and the whole FO after the win. Garrett and Linehan included. 

Edited by Calvert28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty happy about this signing. Saints seem perfectly content to ground and pound and beat teams with short/intermediate passes. Dez fits right in as a big physical possession receiver. 

I'm still a little worried that the Saints don't have a true burner to take the top off of coverages, but this may turn out to be a really underrated signing. Dez will constantly be lining up against #2 (or lower) CBs, and with Brees' pinpoint accuracy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm less worried about Dez's ego considering the Saints locker room.  Too much experience as well as a flat out no doubt about it better WR in Michael Thomas.  Cooks wanted to be paid and couldn't handle Thomas being better than him, Dez will know this coming into the team that he's the #2/3 guy.

It's not about any of the WR's in the room ,on that team or their talent. He won't be an issue because of the 1st ballot HOF QB leading that Offense and the instant respect he must/will give Brees.

Dez like when playing with Romo isn't stupid. He knows how to fall in line. That was never the case with a Rookie and 2nd year lesser QB in Dak Prescott, rightfully so.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I hope the Saints win the SB now. But only on the condition that Dez has to flip off Jerry to the camera and the whole FO after the win. Garrett and Linehan included. 

See I was rooting for Brees if the Eagles couldn't repeat. Because of Dez, I'm now changing said opinion. Still view him as a damn Cowboy I want winning nothing. 😎

However I'm good with what you suggested after their game in a few weeks!! 🍺👍

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB: Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill (QB/RB/WR/FB)

RB: Kamara, Ingram

WR: Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Tre'Quan Smith, Cameron Meredith, Ted Ginn*

TE: Ben Watson, Josh Hill

OL: Top 3 in the NFL

That is a ton of skill player talent/depth. This appears to be the most talented Saints offense in the Brees/Payton era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

QB: Drew Brees, Teddy Bridgewater, Taysom Hill (QB/RB/WR/FB)

RB: Kamara, Ingram

WR: Michael Thomas, Dez Bryant, Tre'Quan Smith, Cameron Meredith, Ted Ginn*

TE: Ben Watson, Josh Hill

OL: Top 3 in the NFL

That is a ton of skill player talent/depth. This appears to be the most talented Saints offense in the Brees/Payton era.

which is amazing considering they won't be setting the records that they did in the 2011 season I think it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Raves said:

which is amazing considering they won't be setting the records that they did in the 2011 season I think it was.

I agree for the most part. They may end up with an improved PPG this year if they hold this same rate in the 2nd half of the season, but yeah, I doubt they hit the yardage marks and such that they did in 2011. I would say that this year we have likely had a harder schedule than in 2011. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×