Dez Bryant to New Orleans Saints

Chargers

6 hours ago, Raves said:

Very low risk move by the Saints that should drastically improve their red zone offense where currently teams are doubling Michael Thomas.  Brees is a much better passer than anything Bryant has ever worked with and combined with the Saints offense he'll be put in some great positions to shine once again.  I don't think his personality will be much of an issue considering the veteran experience we have in our locker room that will put him in his place where in Dallas he was the veteran guy, if he does start to become a distraction though I'm sure the Saints will just cut him without a second thought.

I agree with mostly everything you said, but let's not forget about how good Dez and Romo were together.  They had some of the best chemistry I've seen from a wide receiver and quarterback.  Both of them made the other better than they had ever been at any other point in their careers 

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I agree with mostly everything you said, but let's not forget about how good Dez and Romo were together.  They had some of the best chemistry I've seen from a wide receiver and quarterback.  Both of them made the other better than they had ever been at any other point in their careers 

While I don't disagree from a Dez Bryant perspective, Romo had that as well with TO. Believe me , I wish it wasn't the case.

Ohhh, Michael Thomas will not be pleased about this. He's spent months auditioning for the role of the resident strutting, self-important, sometimes desperately unlikeable wide receiver on the team. Now along comes Dez, who's been doing it for six years longer than him! Can the locker room possibly be big enough for the two of them?

I fear not. For the good of the entire Saints organization, I suggest a cage match to the death.

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

While I don't disagree from a Dez Bryant perspective, Romo had that as well with TO. Believe me , I wish it wasn't the case.

This is definitely true, I just think that Romo's best run came when he was playing with Dez, particularly 2013/14, and specifically because of his lower turnover rate.  When Romo first became starter and he was playing with T.O, he had a penchant for interceptions as evidenced by his 13 INTs to just 19 TDs in only 10 games in 2006 and then 19 INTs in 2007 in 16 games despite throwing 36 TDs.  He cut that down dramatically over the course of his career, and in 2013 had 31 TDs to only 10 INTs and then 34 TDs to only 9 INTs in 2014 when Dez was his favorite target in both of those years

24 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Ohhh, Michael Thomas will not be pleased about this. He's spent months auditioning for the role of the resident strutting, self-important, sometimes desperately unlikeable wide receiver on the team. Now along comes Dez, who's been doing it for six years longer than him! Can the locker room possibly be big enough for the two of them?

I fear not. For the good of the entire Saints organization, I suggest a cage match to the death.

In regards to Michael Thomas...What??

22 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Are you delusional? Have you paid attention to majority of Michael's career or are you basing all of this off of a touchdown celebration? 

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Are you delusional? Have you paid attention to majority of Michael's career or are you basing all of this off of a touchdown celebration? 

Probably just off the cell phone celebration and the twitter charades he got into 

6 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Probably just off the cell phone celebration and the twitter charades he got into 

I hadn't even heard about those, but sure, let's throw them in too. ^_^

As a guy who heartily dislikes the Saints I will always be somewhat biased, but that is the way I look at him.

58 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

This is kinda accurate, but really only applies to players unfortunate enough to line up against Thomas. On the same team, I could actually see Thomas and Dez becoming fast friends! Thomas/Dez can be the new Kamara/Ingram relationship, going so far as to do NFL Gameday morning interviews together, hosting luncheons for wealthy socialites, volunteering at soup kitchens, etc.

42 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I hadn't even heard about those, but sure, let's throw them in too. ^_^

As a guy who heartily dislikes the Saints I will always be somewhat biased, but that is the way I look at him.

I would of never guessed that, you, as a Vikings fan, were biased......color me, shocked! 

And you're definitely free to have your own opinion, even when it's wrong ^_^

Dude has always been humble more or less. On the other hand though, you don't get to the top tier of NFL WRs without having some sort of edge to you. #CantGuardMike

Archived