Dez Bryant to New Orleans Saints

Chargers

14 hours ago, Dome said:

Be turned down a $21 million deal with the Ravens to sign a contract with us that won’t even count against the cap cause he’s not in the top 53 for salaries on our team lol.

Makes me more excited by this move. It definitely shows that Dez doesn't really care about the money at this point in his career, and just wants a chance on a team that could compete for a Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Makes me more excited by this move. It definitely shows that Dez doesn't really care about the money at this point in his career, and just wants a chance on a team that could compete for a Super Bowl.

He definitely cares about the money but had very few options. It's week 10 of the NFL season and a Team finally called do to injuries. You take said offer, put something on tape or have no shot at legitimate money come FA next year.

Being it was a SB contender only made the decision that much easier to stomach (financially). Sitting out all of 2018 , I promise was not his intent when he turned down Baltimore. He got lucky it was a contender that made the call that's all. This isn't some grand gesture on his part that he cares more about winning, then 💰.

This was a Thank good someone called, Ohhhh Smitt it's Drew Brees , Yes yes yes, where can I sign.

On 11/8/2018 at 1:28 PM, ET80 said:

He's related to Keyshawn Johnson (think Key is his uncle) so yeah, he's gonna be smug. Runs in the family.

Not sure how it pertains to his ability, but whatevs. Good on you, y'know?

I didn't know that either. O.o If true, it could explain my irrational dislike for him. He just naturally grates on me the same way Keyshawn did, even in his prime with the Bucs. Perhaps it's congenital.

Sadly it sounds like Bryant suffered a potentially career-ending injury just as he got in the door, so the threat he posed to Thomas' status (if any) is now eliminated.

Archived