GDT: Jerry's World (3-5) v. Wentzlyvania and the funky bunch (4-4)

oland11

On 11/9/2018 at 10:08 PM, Nabbs4u said:

80. 20 pages of actually game talk. 

It's just not as fun as before. They literally have nothing to counter with anymore.

I'm so annoyed with my own fan base that I am literally having to manufacture reasons to make fun of y'all. 

This post helped my sanity.

21 hours ago, RBreezy said:

Michael Irvin just predicted Zeke to go for 123 yards tonight 😂

Dont we have the #1 rush defense in the league? Don’t the cowboys have arguably the worst qb in the league?

Turns out it was 151 and he was averaging like 10 yards per for a bit

We suck. 

Besides Carson, Lane, Jeffrey, Ertz, Cox.......Everyone on the roster should be fair game. Just excluding the aforementioned guys, and recently drafted ones like Sidney Jones and Dallas Goedert and Avante Maddox.

Jenkins is still playing really well. Basically he and Cox are the only two on defense that we know are going to bring their A - game every week. Bennett has been good but he's in no way necessary to keep beyond this season. Strip it down and do a 1-2 year rebuild, and free up a ton of cap space so we can still sign players when we extend Carson. 

And the more I think about it after watching the game, the more of the blame IMO shifts toward our lack of any semblance of a run game.

It's a combination of a group of RBs who are all average on their best days (Ajayi's ability to occasionally break off those 10-15 yard runs on 2nd down were huge for us) and Doug's poor decision making when it comes to running the ball. Our OL really hasn't been as bad in the run game as people seem to think. Kelce is still the best runblocking center in the league. But the problems arise when our OLs best strength in run blocking is it's athleticism and ability to get to the second and even third levels , but we don't have any RBs who can run for more than 3 yards before they just fall over. Howie messed up by not adding a RB before the trade deadline. Soo many serviceable RBs buried on other teams' depth charts we could have had for nothing. TJ Yeldon, Latavius Murray, Jalen Richard, Kenyan Drake, Mike Davis/Chris Carson....I could name so many more.

Our offense, and most of the best offenses like the Rams, is predicated on play action. So much opens up when the defense has to even worry about the run game a little bit. When anyone plays us, they literally can just play in 6 DB packages all game long. 

It may seem minor but our problems on offense really do all go back to the run game (or lack thereof) and Doug's cluelessness when it comes to the running game. He's great with Carson and the pass game, but absolutely terrible with the run game. It's not something we can fix this season, and we aren't even winning a playoff game until it gets resolved.

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

We suck. 

Besides Carson, Lane, Jeffrey, Ertz, Cox.......Everyone on the roster should be fair game. Just excluding the aforementioned guys, and recently drafted ones like Sidney Jones and Dallas Goedert and Avante Maddox.

Jenkins is still playing really well. Basically he and Cox are the only two on defense that we know are going to bring their A - game every week. Bennett has been good but he's in no way necessary to keep beyond this season. Strip it down and do a 1-2 year rebuild, and free up a ton of cap space so we can still sign players when we extend Carson. 

It is coaching plain and simple. Trust me I know all about bad coaching. From the point where we didn't tie the game at 3-3, I knew we would have to not only beat the cowboys BUT our coaching staff as well. Stupid HC calls, no run game, and what is up with the prevent defense? It only prevents you from winning. AND it's not like this team doesn't have the talent to win it all again either.

7 games left, Boys, Skinsx2 and Gmen... with Rams in LA and Ain'ts in the Big Easy. Don't forget Texas too. We need to win 5 of them for a realistic chance at winning the division and or a wild card. We got this. 

Keep the faith. 

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Cowboys fans are actively upset we beat the eagles and I have never been more embarrassed to be associated with these trash fans. They are straight garbage.

I understand wanting to tank so you can get rid of Garrett and Dak, and I guess at least get better picks in later rounds, but not wanting to beat a division rival or relishing in it? Yeah that is whack.

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

It is coaching plain and simple. Trust me I know all about bad coaching. From the point where we didn't tie the game at 3-3, I knew we would have to not only beat the cowboys BUT our coaching staff as well. Stupid HC calls, no run game, and what is up with the prevent defense? It only prevents you from winning. AND it's not like this team doesn't have the talent to win it all again either.

7 games left, Boys, Skinsx2 and Gmen... with Rams in LA and Ain'ts in the Big Easy. Don't forget Texas too. We need to win 5 of them for a realistic chance at winning the division and or a wild card. We got this. 

Keep the faith. 

Ronald Darby torn acl. Season's over bro accept it.

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Keep the faith. 

You caused all of this.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm honestly much more upset that we traded for Golden Tate at this point than anything else. I thought it was a foolish move at the time. Now even more so.

Should have out bid us for Cooper tbh. He's been better than advertised.

13 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I just can’t wrap my mind around how a SB winning 13-3 team, making their 1st playoff appearance in 4 years, already feels like they need to go undergo a full rebuild. WTF!? OL, DL, RB, secondary... all needs to be fixed. What a mess, so much for Howie the gawd. He created 1 good team at the cost of 5+ years of incompetence? He is damn lucky Foles is magical.

Howie is very good at being creative with contracts and cap. He has never been good at drafting/team building. 

Archived