Week 10: Miami Dolphins (5-4) @ Green Bay Packers (3-4-1)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ GB  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Brock Osweiler
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Aaron Jones
    • Jamaal Williams
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Danny Amendola
    • Jakeem Grant
    • Davante Adams
    • Randall Cobb
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Marcedes Lewis
    • Jason Sanders
    • Mason Crosby
    • Dolphins DST
    • Packers DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2018 at 09:20 PM

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Can we please have Tannehill back now?

That's the whole season, in a (shoulder) capsule. 

Time to give Fales a chance. Anyone can 'lead' a team to zero touchdowns like Brock, why not let Fales take a crack at it. 

What was it, five chances in scoring range yesterday and the end result was a fumble and four FG's? Kinda lost count 

I really am trying.  I am.  But when Brock Osweiler is your team's starting QB; literally your entire starting Oline is hurt; 3 of your WRs are hurt; and your coach insists on not getting touches for the biggest playmaker on the offense, I have a hard time watching.  

You know what's odd? Collectively we've been pessimistic these past few weeks (for good reason), yet we're square in the playoff hunt with the easiest third of our schedule coming up.

Depending on what happens over our bye, and against the Colts the week after, it might be time for a (dare I say it) playoff watch thread? 

The rest of the contenders mostly have just as many question marks as Miami. The Bengals are the best of the lot at 5-4 and like Miami they have an easier schedule coming up. Ravens are 4-5 and there are grumblings about Harbaugh and Flacco. Then you have the 5-4 Titans and the 4-5 Colts.

Personally I give the Bengals and Titans an edge over Miami for favorites to sneak in with the last wildcard spot. That's with the assumption Tannehill ends up on IR over the bye.

28 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You know what's odd? Collectively we've been pessimistic these past few weeks (for good reason), yet we're square in the playoff hunt with the easiest third of our schedule coming up.

Depending on what happens over our bye, and against the Colts the week after, it might be time for a (dare I say it) playoff watch thread? 

The rest of the contenders mostly have just as many question marks as Miami. The Bengals are the best of the lot at 5-4 and like Miami they have an easier schedule coming up. Ravens are 4-5 and there are grumblings about Harbaugh and Flacco. Then you have the 5-4 Titans and the 4-5 Colts.

Personally I give the Bengals and Titans an edge over Miami for favorites to sneak in with the last wildcard spot. That's with the assumption Tannehill ends up on IR over the bye.

True, as weird as it sounds after all the injury chaos, the Fins have an outside chance at snagging the final wildcard spot.

But did you see the Bills finally benched Peterman? That means they are not an easy out anymore, and we gotta play them twice. 

A week off to heal and recharge is just what Miami needed right now. 

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

I think we have a decent chance to sneak into the playoffs if we get Tannehill back but honestly, we'd be one and done anyway. At this point winning only hurts our draft stock and I just don't see us being able to address all the holes on this roster in the near future. That's what depresses me most of all.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think we have a decent chance to sneak into the playoffs if we get Tannehill back but honestly, we'd be one and done anyway. At this point winning only hurts our draft stock and I just don't see us being able to address all the holes on this roster in the near future. That's what depresses me most of all.

Fins destroy Titans. Patriots destroy Fins. Titans destroy Patriots. 

Nothing ever makes sense, that's why it's fun to follow. 

9 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Fins destroy Titans. Patriots destroy Fins. Titans destroy Patriots. 

Nothing ever makes sense, that's why it's fun to follow. 

Flukes happen almost every Sunday. Hence the phrase "every given Sunday". Championship success is built on a model of consistency, though. We've been pretty consistently mediocre (far below mediocre once the injuries to the OL and Tannehill hit). We've won 5 games, but pretty much all were against poor opposition and/or due to fluke plays. The Titans game was probably this team's most impressive win, but we injured their starting QB/LT in that game and the 5-hour delay clearly made the game pretty much a crap-shoot (The Titans defensively have not played as badly all season). We've beaten up the lowly Jets twice, the hapless Raiders (who we played down to most of the afternoon), and the Bears in a trap game in which their defense was completely gassed (and even then we needed two fluke receptions from deflections by Osweiler and the refs.

Meanwhile in our losses we were creamed by the Pats, botched a 17-point lead versus Cincinnati, and had our run defense completely gashed by pedestrian rushing teams like Detroit, Houston, and Green Bay.

What is our team good at, exactly? Honestly, outside of the special teams and the defensive secondary forcing turnovers (which seems completely unsustainable) I can't name a single thing. We can't do anything well. At all.

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

What is our team good at, exactly? Honestly, outside of the special teams and the defensive secondary forcing turnovers (which seems completely unsustainable) I can't name a single thing. We can't do anything well. At all.

It would be nice to have a healthy team and find out!

This game really hurt, seeing all of the wasted opportunities we had to make this a competitive game. Brock was terrible, and I second the opinion that if Tannehill isn't ready to go that Fales should be given a shot. We have seen unheralded QB's come from nowhere to become great QB's, Drew Brees and Tom Brady are perfect examples. We now have a large enough sample size to know that Brocks lack of mobility, his inaccurate deep ball, and his poor ball placement are holding the team back. Lets see what Fales can do, because honestly, it can't be much worse. Listening to the medical experts, RT's shoulder will be a ticking time bomb. They said that the likelihood of another injury goes up, and with his lack of pocket presence, it is alost guaranteed that someone is going to try and slap the ball out. The defense played well considering the fact that they were playing against a future hall of fame QB. Watching Rodgers was a treat, and seeing all of the Packers fans whining about cutting him just made me laugh, they don't appreciate what they have.

Archived