Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

Bruce Irvin Signs with Falcons

Recommended Posts

Thats some Browns luck there. Great pickup for Atlanta. Will he start opposite Beasley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JThey’re gonna need more than that....

whats the outlook on Jones and their safeties?

Edited by Dome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to take much more than a mediocre 31 year old defensive player to fix that dumpster fire of a defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It's going to take much more than a mediocre 31 year old defensive player to fix that dumpster fire of a defense.

no ones expecting himt to replace the 5 starters theyre down... but hes a nice addition to whats available today. really simple thinking there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dome said:

JThey’re gonna need more than that....

whats the outlook on Jones and their safeties?

jones should be back for the dallas game, neal and allen are done for the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really good pickup for Atlanta who needs all the help on defense they can find as they try to win out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no ones expecting himt to replace the 5 starters theyre down... but hes a nice addition to whats available today. really simple thinking there.

Doesn’t make what he said any less true though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

It's going to take much more than a mediocre 31 year old defensive player to fix that dumpster fire of a defense.

The defense has played well over the last two games with the return of Grady Jarrett. The addition of Irvin and the return of Deion Jones next week will give them a big boost going foward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KOTN-93 said:

Thats some Browns luck there. Great pickup for Atlanta. Will he start opposite Beasley?

I'm guessing he's behind Beasley, Brooks, and Takk on the depth chart. Maybe even Shelby. Rotational pass rusher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dome said:

Doesn’t make what he said any less true though

but that wasnt the point of the signing, its him being salty as usual. it (likely) makes it better than what it was yesterday, which was the point of the signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like someone in this thread can sure dish it out but can't take it.

 

Apparently Irvin turned down an offer from the Pats to take one with the Falcons. I don't really get that move unless Atlanta offered significantly more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jarren said:

The defense has played well over the last two games with the return of Grady Jarrett. The addition of Irvin and the return of Deion Jones next week will give them a big boost going foward.

It might, and hopefully for the Falcons sake it does as they have been struggling badly on defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no ones expecting himt to replace the 5 starters theyre down... but hes a nice addition to whats available today. really simple thinking there.

So in other words, you agree adding a mediocre guy that will only see the field as a situational player doesn't change much at this time for the struggling Falcons defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Looks like someone in this thread can sure dish it out but can't take it.

 

Apparently Irvin turned down an offer from the Pats to take one with the Falcons. I don't really get that move unless Atlanta offered significantly more.

I think it has more to do with the familiarity with Dan Quinn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×