Bruce Irvin Signs with Falcons

49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

they'll make a good push when Jones comes back. Keep that dude away from Kamara though. 

We are already starting to look alot better the last 2 games most because the people that was playing new positions are starting to understand how to handle them, the guys who were sucking the most lost reps to other guys playing better (Richards S & Riley LB to Neasman S & Foye LB),  Players getting back healthy in Grady and Shelby, and the big one were not playing the Bengals, Pitts, and Saints.  Those are some serious high powered offenses and we do play the Saints again but thats about it for elite leveled offenses on our schedule i can remember.  Even then with our crappy D at the time we was within 1 play not 1 score of winning each of those games besides the steelers.

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

out of curiosity, what do you disagree with from what i posted.

1) When you implied a poster was salty for making a point you apparently agreed with. Seemed unnecessary and unfounded. 

2) When you said I didn't understand you, or something you said had gone over my head. That wasn't the case at all, and that should've been pretty clear to you.

Both of those things I disagree with. As far as football goes, I don't think that I disagree with anything you've said. I was just confused by your.... unique style of arguing. You took a stance against tylers posts, then immediately validated it, then doubled down on whatever it was you were trying to say as if you were still arguing with someone. 

Now that that's all sorted out, we're golden!

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Those are some serious high powered offenses and we do play the Saints again but thats about it for elite leveled offenses on our schedule i can remember.  Even then with our crappy D at the time we was within 1 play not 1 score of winning each of those games besides the steelers.

Having to contend with Calvin and Julio terrifies me, not that Hooper or your RBs are slouches but I think we can win if they're the ones beating us.

If it turns into a shootout, it's anybodys game. I think Saints could win a defensive battle if you guys are healed up by then, definitely if you're not. If we can't contain your offense early and Payton gets into a pissing contest and abandons the balance we've seen this year it's the Falcons game to loose. Definitely gotta come out hot in the dome if you want to win.

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

1) When you implied a poster was salty for making a point you apparently agreed with. Seemed unnecessary and unfounded. 

2) When you said I didn't understand you, or something you said had gone over my head. That wasn't the case at all, and that should've been pretty clear to you.

Both of those things I disagree with. As far as football goes, I don't think that I disagree with anything you've said. I was just confused by your.... unique style of arguing. You took a stance against tylers posts, then immediately validated it, then doubled down on whatever it was you were trying to say as if you were still arguing with someone. 

Now that that's all sorted out, we're golden!

fix is a extremely vague and would need to be defined. fixed to last years standard or just better than right now? id lean towards the former but its subjective. regardless of that, if his thought was the first you have when you see that signing, its salt, plain and simple.

secondly, you keyed in on me saying "probably" as proof irvin just meh addition. hes definitively a better player than our other options, as i already said its just scheme/coaching that are variables. hence me saying it went over your head, which it apparently did. it wasnt meant as an insult, only clarification.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no ones expecting himt to replace the 5 starters theyre down... but hes a nice addition to whats available today. really simple thinking there.

Agree 100%. Was hoping the Saints would kick the tires with Davenport being out.....

12 hours ago, Dome said:

Having to contend with Calvin and Julio terrifies me, not that Hooper or your RBs are slouches but I think we can win if they're the ones beating us.

If it turns into a shootout, it's anybodys game. I think Saints could win a defensive battle if you guys are healed up by then, definitely if you're not. If we can't contain your offense early and Payton gets into a pissing contest and abandons the balance we've seen this year it's the Falcons game to loose. Definitely gotta come out hot in the dome if you want to win.

We already know what it is bro it doesn't matter which of our teams are killing it or pure garbage if it's a Falcons/Saints game it's gonna come down to some crazyness and be a hell of a game most the time.  No gimmies at all usually in these games no matter what the teams are. 

Also i think alot of people sleep on Sanu as a threat when listing only Ridley and Julio.  Our biggest threat on 3rd down and for guaranteed keeping drives going playmaker is Sanu it feels like more often than not and he has the best hands of the 3.

Archived