Stacy McGee Activated from PUP

RSkinGM

Is he really that bad ? In 4 years at Oakland, the most tackles he had in a season was 22 . Last season for us he had 44 ( solo and assist )  . Double production sounds pretty good ! I didn't study his play and don't know his assignments buy he'll probably never live up to the contract--I'll give you that !

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Is he really that bad ? In 4 years at Oakland, the most tackles he had in a season was 22 . Last season for us he had 44 ( solo and assist )  . Double production sounds pretty good ! I didn't study his play and don't know his assignments buy he'll probably never live up to the contract--I'll give you that !

He was part of the 3 man front that gave up a million yards on the ground last year.  He really isn't a pass rusher either, so I don't see how he contributes anything of value.  Plus he's expensive.  Other than Bruce Allen giving this guy an expensive contract and trying not to look like a fool, I find it hard to believe McGee is worth keeping around over Anthony Lanier, who for some reason we cut.  

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He was part of the 3 man front that gave up a million yards on the ground last year.  He really isn't a pass rusher either, so I don't see how he contributes anything of value.  Plus he's expensive.  Other than Bruce Allen giving this guy an expensive contract and trying not to look like a fool, I find it hard to believe McGee is worth keeping around over Anthony Lanier, who for some reason we cut.  

Chargers just signed Lanier to their practice sqaud.😣

Good rotational piece, Tomsula likes him. I trust Tomsula. The dudes on our DL are still Allen, Ioannidis and Payne!

I would like to see Settle and Brantley get worked in more to keep the top 3 more fresh. I think they got a bit worn down vs the Falcons.

As of today:

• Jonathan Allen - 23
  • Caleb Brantley - 24
  • Matt Ioannidis - 24
  • Daron Payne - 21
  • Tim Settle - 21

Allen is rumored to have already become the guy the rest of the DL look to, so it's not like McGee can claim some sort of "locker room presence." What does having McGee give them other than a body that can take snaps from our young guys? As others have pointed out, it's not like McGee was all that useful when he was getting meaningful playing time last year under Tomsula.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

As of today:

• Jonathan Allen - 23
  • Caleb Brantley - 24
  • Matt Ioannidis - 24
  • Daron Payne - 21
  • Tim Settle - 21

Allen is rumored to have already become the guy the rest of the DL look to, so it's not like McGee can claim some sort of "locker room presence." What does having McGee give them other than a body that can take snaps from our young guys? As others have pointed out, it's not like McGee was all that useful when he was getting meaningful playing time last year under Tomsula.

He’s just depth, he’s essentially replacing Hood as depth. So, I don’t know why we should be overreacting to him being active. It was the plan all along. I don’t expect him to take many - if any - snaps away from our top 3 DL.

Archived