Stacy McGee Activated from PUP

RSkinGM

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

He’s just depth, he’s essentially replacing Hood as depth. So, I don’t know why we should be overreacting to him being active. It was the plan all along. I don’t expect him to take many - if any - snaps away from our top 3 DL.

Because he’s not paid like depth. He’s paid like a starter and he’s been a disaster. He should’ve just been cut. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Because he’s not paid like depth. He’s paid like a starter and he’s been a disaster. He should’ve just been cut. 

They weren’t going to cut him because it’s hard to find good depth and they could afford him easily under the salary cap. They have plenty of salary cap room. I totally agree he’s overpaid, but still, good depth isn’t always easy to find.

Disaster? Man I swear if you didn’t have an overreaction to every player that isn’t good to great in a redskin uniform, you’d have nothing to say in this forum. Almost every thought you have is an overreaction.

Hes average, I’ve never claimed him to be much more than that. He’s not a disaster and not a great player, but he’s somewhere in the middle and it again, it isn’t going to matter much because Allen, Ioannidis and Payne are going to play almost all of the snaps along the DL.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s just depth, he’s essentially replacing Hood as depth. So, I don’t know why we should be overreacting to him being active. It was the plan all along. I don’t expect him to take many - if any - snaps away from our top 3 DL.

So, we're replacing a JAG with a JAG then.

And I'm not objecting to him taking snaps away from the top 3 DL. I'm objecting to him taking snaps from any of the DL.

On 11/11/2018 at 12:36 AM, Woz said:

So, we're replacing a JAG with a JAG then.

And I'm not objecting to him taking snaps away from the top 3 DL. I'm objecting to him taking snaps from any of the DL.

Yes, but this jag is younger bigger and stronger. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesnt. I don’t know, but I trust Tomsula to know that McGee is better than Hood and Lanier as an all around DL.

If it were up to me and we had gone through training camp and I had seen what  Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Settle, Lanier, Taylor and Hood were bringing to the table, I would have cut McGee. I’m not Jay/Manusky/Tomsula though. 

I’m definitely more of a Hood, Lanier and Taylor guy than I am a McGee guy. I also like Brantley more than McGee. He must do something the coaches see that the rest of us don’t like he’s strong at the point of attack in the run game - which I think he is - and he has a strong bull rush or something else.

On 11/11/2018 at 1:58 AM, turtle28 said:

I’m definitely more of a Hood, Lanier and Taylor guy than I am a McGee guy. I also like Brantley more than McGee. He must have a ridiculous contract that the front office didn't want to just eat (both from a financial perspective as well as a PR one).

FTFY.

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They would’ve saved $4 mil by cutting him after June 1st. I don’t think it was the salary. I will say it again, I think Tomsula likes him and wants him on the team. 

I'm not sure they could have cut him at that point and gotten the savings due to his injury. I'd have to go back and read through the CBA, and I'm tired/not interested enough to do it.

Sufficed to say, body taking up a roster spot.

10 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm not sure they could have cut him at that point and gotten the savings due to his injury. I'd have to go back and read through the CBA, and I'm tired/not interested enough to do it.

Sufficed to say, body taking up a roster spot.

Yeah, I was actually going to say the same thing, but I wasn’t sure of the timeline.

Most players who aren’t starters are bodies taking up a roster spot. He was mostly a B-, C player for us last year if I remember by Cooley’s grades.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:12 AM, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I was actually going to say the same thing, but I wasn’t sure of the timeline.

Most players who aren’t starters are bodies taking up a roster spot. He was mostly a B-, C player for us last year if I remember by Cooley’s grades.

If he sits on the sidelines and eats a paycheck from Snyder, okay, fine.

If he takes snaps away from the younger guys, that's not so good.

Archived