The Burbs Mafia is over! TOUCH MASSACRED EVERYONE

Dome

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

What do you think, @Ragnarok @theuntouchable?  I think Rick and I both have an apt assessment on Whicker’s behavior in that interaction.  But I also think Orca is lock scum.

I concur.

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Would love to hear from @DingoLadd, @squire12, @Pickle Rick, @James, @bcb1213, @theuntouchable, @Nazgul and @Ragnarok so no one can conveniently abstain from our first major in-thread development :)

Orca seems to be begging for a lynch.  That's the only possible functional reasoning.  That assumes functional reasoning which is very far from guaranteed.  I doubt he does this as scum, but I could see him doing this as indy or town that needs to be lynched as part of a wincon or jester role.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That assumes functional reasoning which is very far from guaranteed.  I doubt he does this as scum, but I could see him doing this as indy or town that needs to be lynched as part of a wincon or jester role.

Contradicting statements IMO

2 hours ago, The Orca said:
3 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

What did you pick up from the reaction? 

First, that he thought it was a list taken from Pickle...instead of the actual votes Whicker has made. The tone was that he was wanting to convey it as more indicative of Pickle and pushing it as a nothing from Whicker, while saying it says something about others. Then he picks up the James vote as being scummy but if I voted Whicker I'm not lol. Doesnt make sense. Has the feeling of wanting to hide James, KSJ (the middle vote), all while pushing an extremely easy reason on someone else

Would still love some opinions on this from everyone else?

Also, I have a theory....Some people here believe I claim too quickly and crack under pressure...seems like a calculated attempt for me to reveal my role....anybody have thoughts on this as well?

9 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Would love to hear from @DingoLadd, @squire12, @Pickle Rick, @James, @bcb1213, @theuntouchable, @Nazgul and @Ragnarok so no one can conveniently abstain from our first major in-thread development :)

The whicker side of it: His early play seemed like it was mostly just our meta memes and some other jokey day 1 stuff. Through that he might have been seeing if I would spook easily, since I have a tendency to do that early as mafia, and since I might have been emotionally compromised after my team's thursday night performance, but I could be wrong about that side of it.

The orca side: Logic and Orca is like the cliche line from old movies; "This town ain't big enough for the two of them". Orca can do well and figure things out but its rarely in a logically consistent way from game to game (or even within the same game). Lots of crackpot theories, the type that would implode after two questions.

Overall: This all probably gives us something useful once some people are gone, but for now I don't think there's anything worth going off of.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Sorry, Ragnarok.  I don’t see the logic of “Orca not doing this as scum,” when Orca has already derailed that he once played a game as role-claimed Mafia who was not in his factional chat lol

Detailed*

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Would still love some opinions on this from everyone else?

Also, I have a theory....Some people here believe I claim too quickly and crack under pressure...seems like a calculated attempt for me to reveal my role....anybody have thoughts on this as well?

It’s a calculated trap that you set and jumped on top of until it sprung?

3 minutes ago, James said:

The whicker side of it: His early play seemed like it was mostly just our meta memes and some other jokey day 1 stuff. Through that he might have been seeing if I would spook easily, since I have a tendency to do that early as mafia, and since I might have been emotionally compromised after my team's thursday night performance, but I could be wrong about that side of it.

The orca side: Logic and Orca is like the cliche line from old movies; "This town ain't big enough for the two of them". Orca can do well and figure things out but its rarely in a logically consistent way from game to game (or even within the same game). Lots of crackpot theories, the type that would implode after two questions.

Overall: This all probably gives us something useful once some people are gone, but for now I don't think there's anything worth going off of.

I think this is where I learned from being in a civ chat with Khodder. Talking things out with him (though it was hard to get a response), I figured its best to just lay out what I think and see what others think of it. If its too crazy, dumb, etc...just move on. Not going well this game imo though lol.

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I think this is where I learned from being in a civ chat with Khodder. Talking things out with him (though it was hard to get a response), I figured its best to just lay out what I think and see what others think of it. If its too crazy, dumb, etc...just move on. Not going well this game imo though lol.

Just now, The Orca said:

Didn't jump. Just posted my opinion after touch asked. 

You not attacking back is suspect. That said, Swaggypoos blinders also is a sign.

I hate you all right now. 

I've always hated the random votes people throw out. The constant changes, etc. are annoying to me. So, I tend not to vote early on any day.

To go back to my first post about having to work; I've played about 5ish games of Mafia now and in a couple of them I had been called out for being "inactive" because I didn't access the site / the mafia game during work. That was merely me trying to prevent those thoughts again. Everyone reads into everything too much here anyway, so believe me or don't - whatever.

I read the SwAg / Orca thing. The entire back-and-forth was dumb and made me lose brain-functionality. I feel like SwAgs superior thesaurus-brain confused Orca's brain and he was caught in an back-peddling loop where he didn't come off very good. But, I didn't necessarily get mafia vibes from either of them. I don't like Matts always trying to get quick runs on people. Always seems like he's trying to pull the rabbit out of the hat with those "Aha!" moments that never ever happen. 

If I had to pick from the few people that have posted - my suspicion would be on Whicker. He conveniently laid low during the SwAg beatdown of Orca, but perked back up after it was over. Kinda as if he was seeing where it was going to go instead of conducting his own train.

But claiming that is the starting mechanism of this strategic attempt, or trap, to force a claim omits everything that occurred prior to that.

I don’t follow.  Especially since you already characterized your actions as reaction-gauging in nature, implying your own trap.  Why wouldn’t Whicker be the trap?

Whatever, I’ll let other people weigh in without me going on a tirade about it.

Archived