Kirksey and Gaines done for the season.

bosko1616

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Collins has given ridiculously bad effort and Garrett has been trash against the run. Ogbah has also taken a huge step back against the run. Don't try to blame the bad run defense on just the OLB because our prized possession #1 overall pick has been awful doing his job. There are some who are anti Jadeveon Clowney because he seems to be one dimensional even though he is by far the best in the NFL at that one thing. Right now Myles Garrett is even more one dimensional than Clowney.

Did I praise our DEs? Nope. Adv stats show that our 2nd level run support is garbage. Our LB play has gotten worse compared to last year. It’s not on Schobert. Statistically and visually Kirksy has played well below avg compared to the last two years. Kirksey has been fine in coverage like @brownie man said but he has been trash in defending the run. 

49 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Here we go again -

Yet ANOTHER year where we play half a season with half a roster.

Like being invited to an Uzi showdown - and bringing a water pistol.

It sucks cause the Browns depth is non-exist. Building depth will take a year or two. 

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Did I praise our DEs? Nope. Adv stats show that our 2nd level run support is garbage. Our LB play has gotten worse compared to last year. It’s not on Schobert. Statistically and visually Kirksy has played well below avg compared to the last two years. Kirksey has been fine in coverage like @brownie man said but he has been trash in defending the run. 

Just awfully quick to blame the OLBs and not a single mention of the poor play by Garrett and Ogbah.

No matter how you slice it OLB is way down the priority list when it comes to what we need to improve this team.

It's a lot harder judging a lb (unless it is a pass rushing lb) than any other position so I won't even try. Just from my eye test I'd say Kirksey has been fine, has made some plays and usually does well getting to the ball and tackling. Seems most of us wanted to upgrade Shobert until he started getting accolades and now we are buying in to him. As much of a guess as anything but I think Kirksey and Shobert are both good going forward. Collins doesn't look as good consistently, just makes splash plays.

5 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Yet ANOTHER year where we play half a season with half a roster.

Ya, why do you suppose that is?

Poor selection of players who are injury-prone?

Poor strength and conditioning training?

Sure does seem that the injury bug bites us a lot more than it bites other teams.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Ya, why do you suppose that is?

Poor selection of players who are injury-prone?

Poor strength and conditioning training?

Sure does seem that the injury bug bites us a lot more than it bites other teams.

Every team gets injuries. Our problem is that our depth is so much worse than our starters. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Every team gets injuries. Our problem is that our depth is so much worse than our starters. 

Depth is a problem for sure, but it still seems that we have more in-season and season-ending injuries than most other teams.

Any idea where we might find stats on that?

Archived