Week 10 news: Dez throwing up the X for Who Dat

Matts4313

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Week 10 - - This is a dumb post by you. You arent proving anything. Infact, I would argue you are being counter productive to your argument. 

I would argue that you seldom understand what someone is trying to argue.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

The Cowboys and Dez needed a divorce no matter what. But that doesnt make me like him less. 

I would disagree and there were numerous within the organization that did as well. Dez rocked the boat. Stephen, Linehan and whoever didn't like it. Makes no difference now though. It is what it is. Those who wanted him out are praying like crazy he stinks it up. If he doesn't...well, lol. 

Good for dez 

probably gonna be the first time in my life that I root against the cowboys when they play the saints

hope dez has a huge game

let jones and the gang know they made the wrong move

19 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Exactly. People were making a big deal about him being unsigned, but it was HIS choice. He could have signed a deal the day after he got cut, or waited until the playoff picture was more clear and he HAD to return but for a team that was contending.

Do you really blame him for not signing with the Browns or Ravens? They are both done this year, along with Dallas.

Dez played this one smart, and at no time was he ever searching for work and couldn't find it, like some Dallas fan boys would have you believe.

I’m going to disagree with you here. I don’t blame him for not signing with those mentioned teams but let’s be real here. Dez thought he was worth so much more and thought he wouldn’t have a problem signing somewhere immediately with talk he wanted to sign with a division rival. No one bit on that. The only one remotely interested in him was the ravens. After that no reports of visits. No rumors of signing anywhere and if you watched hard knocks he definitely wanted to play this year to suck up to the Browns the way he did. This wasn’t a ploy by him to wait and see the playoff picture.  Simply no one had any interest in signing him to what he believed he was worth. 

Hey fellas, I have some questions for you all. None really about Dez surprisingly.I'm in the camp of a change of scenery doing him some good, I think he knows he is coming in to be a #2, and will get plenty of opportunities to make plays in our offense. My question is more about you guys.

Normally in these situations you see plenty of the fans a from the departed team saying things like "He's washed up" or "He'll be a headcase for you guys" or "I can't wait to see him play us and get whats coming". As a Saints fan, I've seen that reaction with Jeremy Shockey, Darren Sharper, and Ted Ginn. But this time I am seeing completely different reactions. Seems like almost every Cowboys fan I am coming across has been really classy about this, and hoping he plays very well in NOLA. Many hoping helps us get a Super Bowl win again. But also, I am seeing TONS of Cowboys fans (especially on Twitter) expecting him to come to Dallas in a few weeks and destroy you guys. Many fans seem to be wanting this so coaches get fired, etc. So whats going on in Jerry's World? A. is the consensus with you guys that Dez was that good of a dude? and B. What is going on with the general attitude towards your team?

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

Hey fellas, I have some questions for you all. None really about Dez surprisingly.I'm in the camp of a change of scenery doing him some good, I think he knows he is coming in to be a #2, and will get plenty of opportunities to make plays in our offense. My question is more about you guys.

Normally in these situations you see plenty of the fans a from the departed team saying things like "He's washed up" or "He'll be a headcase for you guys" or "I can't wait to see him play us and get whats coming". As a Saints fan, I've seen that reaction with Jeremy Shockey, Darren Sharper, and Ted Ginn. But this time I am seeing completely different reactions. Seems like almost every Cowboys fan I am coming across has been really classy about this, and hoping he plays very well in NOLA. Many hoping helps us get a Super Bowl win again. But also, I am seeing TONS of Cowboys fans (especially on Twitter) expecting him to come to Dallas in a few weeks and destroy you guys. Many fans seem to be wanting this so coaches get fired, etc. So whats going on in Jerry's World? A. is the consensus with you guys that Dez was that good of a dude? and B. What is going on with the general attitude towards your team?

I think we are tired. Very seldom do the decisions made by our office align with the fan base wishes, outside of draft day 1.

2 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

It's because we genuinely dislike our owner and coaches and recognize these players deserve better. Like if Witten just up and decided to come out of retirement but only wanted to play for a SB contender like the Pat's or Rams I would wish him all the best because he deserves it. It was the same with Newman and the same with Ware and the same would apply to Romo as well if he decided to. Even if we could desperately use him. It's because we like these players. 

Many believe that he was a product of bad offensive scheme and Dak Prescott. Not able to get him the ball and others believe he is declining. However no one can be sure until he has an opportunity with a better team and he has that now. Do jury in my opinion is out on that. 

The attitude towards the team atleast for me is simply frustration. Knowing the team can be so much more and all around better however it’s hindered by an inept coaching staff and an owner who refuses to acknowledge mistakes and fix them. He will keep Garrett and Co for as long as he can to avoid admitting he was wrong. Time and time again this team under performs mixed in with some head scratching decisions along the way and you’ll arrive at frustration.   

A. is the consensus with you guys that Dez was that good of a dude? and B. What is going on with the general attitude towards your team?

A.)  Yeah, Dez is a good dude. Highly passionate to the point of distraction I suppose. But, I think that was probably blown out of proportion to some extent too. He ruffled some feathers with his comments about Linehan and his offense.Those comments have probably proven to be more accurate than not. I highly doubt any of this happens in the Saints atmosphere. If Dallas isn't winning it all, then I love nothing more than to see some former players get the chance. It's a two birds/one stone thing too, as it also has to eat away at Jerry and Stephen. 

B.) Apathy is setting in for me. I simply find myself not caring one way or another with this team. It's been a circle jerk for years. Jerry's recent comments regarding QB make me feel that trend may continue. 

3 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I think every single one of us love Dez. He is one of us. He is a passionate Cowboys fan. I hope you guys win the 'bowl because we wont.

I do think the Dez/Cowboy divorce was needed. Sometime relationships become toxic.

Archived