GDT: Cowboys V Eagles

Matts4313

14 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Yeah no doubt. We have tons of issues way beyond Dak. I honestly think it all comes down to the numbers of his extension. I'll cement my opinion on this issue after that.

Another thing is if we really have that many issues beyond Dak..can we really afford to give Dak big QB money? I mean if our roster isn't good enough to carry Dak or Dak isn't good enough to carry the roster. Where do we go from there? So many issues right now.

Only light I see right now is us getting a bright young HC like Riley and him having a resurgence like Goff had with McVay

Not gonna happen guys, IMO. Look at the Steelers. They have ONE 1st round pick on their O line, DeCastro. Their best RB has been a hold out all year. They lost their top Defensive player, Shazier, to injury a year or so ago. They started the season 0-1-1 and everyone thought they were done.

Enter Ben Rothlisberger. Here is a QB that can play at a high level in the league. He has elevated the teams players around him to a new level and they won 5 straight, thumping Carolina last night on national TV.

Good coaching and a QB that can make players around him better is more than 50% of the battle.

Just look at the variables I listed at the beginning of this post:

One 1st round pick- DeCastro, we have- 3 Smith, Martin, L. Collins (would have been)- Our O line sucks!

Best RB holding out (Bell), Ours is playing (Elliott) and he is getting creamed!

Lost their top D player (Shazier), Lost our top D player (Lee)- can't make a 3rd down stop without him.

They started 0-1-1, we started 1-1. We have won 2 games since, they have 7.

Not much else to say here boys. The kid was right WE SUCK! but a good NFL style QB can make all the difference. And we don't have one.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Not gonna happen guys, IMO. Look at the Steelers. They have ONE 1st round pick on their O line, DeCastro. Their best RB has been a hold out all year. They lost their top Defensive player, Shazier, to injury a year or so ago. They started the season 0-1-1 and everyone thought they were done.

Enter Ben Rothlisberger. Here is a QB that can play at a high level in the league. He has elevated the teams players around him to a new level and they won 5 straight, thumping Carolina last night on national TV.

Good coaching and a QB that can make players around him better is more than 50% of the battle.

Just look at the variables I listed at the beginning of this post:

One 1st round pick- DeCastro, we have- 3 Smith, Martin, L. Collins (would have been)- Our O line sucks!

Best RB holding out (Bell), Ours is playing (Elliott) and he is getting creamed!

Lost their top D player (Shazier), Lost our top D player (Lee)- can't make a 3rd down stop without him.

They started 0-1-1, we started 1-1. We have won 2 games since, they have 7.

Not much else to say here boys. The kid was right WE SUCK! but a good NFL style QB can make all the difference. And we don't have one.

So does Maurkice Pouncey not count as a 1st round draft pick anymore? Pretty sure they are playing with 2, same as we are. I agree with your overall point though.

The Steelers have a high 1st Rd pick at QB who is playing like a top 10 QB. We have a 4th rounder who is playing like a bottom 10 QB. Other than the rare diamonds that can be found in the mid to late rounds (or undrafted), the top QBs in the league will cost a quality pick in the draft. They make all the difference.

6 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

So does Maurkice Pouncey not count as a 1st round draft pick anymore? Pretty sure they are playing with 2, same as we are. I agree with your overall point though.

The Steelers have a high 1st Rd pick at QB who is playing like a top 10 QB. We have a 4th rounder who is playing like a bottom 10 QB. Other than the rare diamonds that can be found in the mid to late rounds (or undrafted), the top QBs in the league will cost a quality pick in the draft. They make all the difference.

And that's what seems lost on some people. Dak is playing like a mid-late rounder. People say he is terrible but honestly he's playing exactly as well as you could hope for when passively investing in your QB position. He plays okay sometimes but is overwhelmingly below average. Like you would expect a good 4th rounder to be. We are getting exactly what we paid for and some people are shocked that it isn't enough. So shocked that they will give Prescott another contract to get it right.

44 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And that's what seems lost on some people. Dak is playing like a mid-late rounder. People say he is terrible but honestly he's playing exactly as well as you could hope for when passively investing in your QB position. He plays okay sometimes but is overwhelmingly below average. Like you would expect a good 4th rounder to be. We are getting exactly what we paid for and some people are shocked that it isn't enough. So shocked that they will give Prescott another contract to get it right.

Don't forget, Romo wasn't even drafted and he was our QB for a decade.

With 3 first round picks on the O line, a top five 1st round pick running the ball, a 1st round WR (Cooper), he SHOULD be able to score when the defense gives you the ball 2 or 3 times in the first quarter of a game at home in the other teams half of the field.

After that, our offense seemed to be going backwards most of the time. He changes plays at the LOS that simply make no sense. ie: he doesn't read defensive looks very well, makes poor or late decision with the ball and panics when rushed. He does not keep his eyes upfield when being chased OR he keeps his eyes upfield and fails to see or feel the heat right in front of him- see sack fumble from Monday Night's game.

Sorry guys, I just do not thinkt he weapons around him are so bad that he has to do much of this himself. He has adequate to above average weapons. He just doesn't put it together.

On 11/7/2018 at 1:50 PM, WizardHawk said:

Yep. It's been a pleasure watching him when healthy, but the injuries outweigh the good at this point. Time to move on. He's going to make for a hellva coach though. 

I’ve been saying this as well. It’s really a shame though. I thought he was very underrated as far as talent and instincts but it’s a shame he can’t stay healthy. Got to be frustrating for him. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Completely agree.

I do think if Dak had a different coaching staff (one that played to his strengths more often and werent complete idiots), he could be an average to above average QB with the right team around him.

The problem is we dont have the right coaches, Dak's confidence is shot and may never come back. 

Not to mention the type of offense we run along with Daks abilities (lack thereof) does not give us much room for error. 

Forcing us into 3rd and long forces us to punt/settle for field goals.

26 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Completely agree.

I do think if Dak had a different coaching staff (one that played to his strengths more often and werent complete idiots), he could be an average to above average QB with the right team around him.

The problem is we dont have the right coaches, Dak's confidence is shot and may never come back. 

Not to mention the type of offense we run along with Daks abilities (lack thereof) does not give us much room for error. 

Forcing us into 3rd and long forces us to punt/settle for field goals.

It says a lot for me to recognize that Dak could be a winner in Cams system. For Dak to be good he needs to go somewhere else.

57 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

It says a lot for me to recognize that Dak could be a winner in Cams system. For Dak to be good he needs to go somewhere else.

I may be asking a lot of the organization here but I am thinking that the commitment to Dak being our starter will be made.  Hopefully they get him some weapons and a coaching staff that will play to his abilities.  If the current regime stays on board then all bets are off.

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't think Dak would be as good as Cam in that system though. They're in two different world when it comes to talent imo 

8 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I don't think Dak would be as good as Cam in that system though. They're in two different world when it comes to talent imo 

That may be true but that system atleast utilizes Dak skill set more so than the offense we run so you would have to think this team and Dak world fair far better using that system. This team would be a lot better for it. SL is just in his ways at this point. I just never understand coaches who try and force a player into a specific system and when it doesn’t work not try to adjust it. This is your job. You would think you would acknowledge it’s failed trying to make Dak a pure pocket passer. This is exactly why I think a change of coaching with a young OC who atleast has some vision would turn Dak around and at the very least design a scheme he can be successful in. 

12 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

Probably not as good. But certainly better than Linehans version of Dak.

4 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

That may be true but that system atleast utilizes Dak skill set more so than the offense we run so you would have to think this team and Dak world fair far better using that system. This team would be a lot better for it. SL is just in his ways at this point. I just never understand coaches who try and force a player into a specific system and when it doesn’t work not try to adjust it. This is your job. You would think you would acknowledge it’s failed trying to make Dak a pure pocket passer. This is exactly why I think a change of coaching with a young OC who atleast has some vision would turn Dak around and at the very least design a scheme he can be successful in. 

It's like they sacrifice being able to move the ball and sustain drives in order to prevent the QB from taking hits, because they are afraid if he gets hurt they won't be able move the ball and sustain drives.

I'm going to walk to work because I'm afraid of wrecking my car, because if my car gets totaled I'll have to walk to work. 

Archived