GDT: Cowboys V Eagles

Matts4313

6 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

That may be true but that system atleast utilizes Dak skill set more so than the offense we run so you would have to think this team and Dak world fair far better using that system. This team would be a lot better for it. SL is just in his ways at this point. I just never understand coaches who try and force a player into a specific system and when it doesn’t work not try to adjust it. This is your job. You would think you would acknowledge it’s failed trying to make Dak a pure pocket passer. This is exactly why I think a change of coaching with a young OC who atleast has some vision would turn Dak around and at the very least design a scheme he can be successful in. 

It's not the system it's the coordinator adapting his system to his players strength.

Norv Turner is calling plays in Carolina. Not many people thought his system would work for Cam but he adapted his system to play to his strengths.

Our biggest problem is SL trying to fix a square peg into a round hole.

I'll bite, I guess.  Regardless of what the Titans or Texans have done lately, the Cowboys have played like crap.  Completely inexcusable, and that's the coaches fault.  Dak looks completely lost and refuses to trust what he sees.  He's scared to death to make a mistake so he kills drives by attrition rather than catastrophe.  That's coaching.  Garrett has had more than an adequate chance, and Linehan with him.  It's time for new blood.

That said, I hope we beat the ever-loving snot out of the Eagles tonight because...well... Eagles.

7 hours ago, Northland said:

Does an embarrassing blow out loss on national tv force Jerry's hand to terminate the Clapper, or will he hold true to his earlier statement of no coaching change during the season?

Doubtful. Jerry isn’t going to fire Garrett unless there’s a massive problem. He’s overly committed to that fraud.

Archived