Lions @ Bears GDT

WindyCity

Biggest offensive problem is lack of creativity in run game... OL is creating zero holes for either Howard or Cohen...

I know that this O is not built for run, but need to create sth in the second part of the season, or they are becoming one-dimensional team... Mitch making some plays as a runner is great, but it is always danger waiting to happen...

28 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Could be lip service but Nagy said Parkey still has a job. Usually I would be all for trusting the staff but I'm not sure how you don't start to look for other options after today. Too many games are decided by a FG or two and come Dec/Jan when it starts to snow, can he really be counted on when he is constantly missing in good/decent weather? I don't think so. 

I don't like Parkey but there's not exactly any better replacements available at this point in the season.

That said I'd still bring in a guy or two for a workout to at least let Parkey know that he's walking on thin ice.

Because I'm pretty sure if they had played a team better than the Lions today it's likely that they would have lost because of Parkey's misses. Not to mention he already blew a chance at a W in the Dolphins game. That's unacceptable given the money they guaranteed him this past offseason.

38 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't like Parkey but there's not exactly any better replacements available at this point in the season.

That said I'd still bring in a guy or two for a workout to at least let Parkey know that he's walking on thin ice.

Because I'm pretty sure if they had played a team better than the Lions today it's likely that they would have lost because of Parkey's misses. Not to mention he already blew a chance at a W in the Dolphins game. That's unacceptable given the money they guaranteed him this past offseason.

Cairo Santos is available, the only problem is is how much Pakrey is owed.

4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Cairo Santos is available, the only problem is is how much Pakrey is owed.

As I posted during the game, I’ll never understand the “well, they can’t cut him because he’s owed a lot.” You can either pay him to get the hell out of town or you can pay him to hurt your organization’s chances to win football games. I’d much rather pay him to leave if he’s a detriment to the team, and at this stage, he’s been nothing short of pathetic all year long.

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

As I posted during the game, I’ll never understand the “well, they can’t cut him because he’s owed a lot.” You can either pay him to get the hell out of town or you can pay him to hurt your organization’s chances to win football games. I’d much rather pay him to leave if he’s a detriment to the team, and at this stage, he’s been nothing short of pathetic all year long.

It's not the actual money, it's the dead cap hit.  Idk if they can absorb the $6M on their cap if they cut him before the season is over

52 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's not the actual money, it's the dead cap hit.  Idk if they can absorb the $6M on their cap if they cut him before the season is over

Nope. Not a chance. I was looking over all possible scenarios and I don't see any way to clear space either. He's on the books for the 9M in guarantees Pace just gave him and that kills us. 

Best solution is to do what @topwop1 suggested and bring in a couple guys to workout just to light a fire under him and ride with him the rest of the season.

We can't afford to sign anyone else. If anything else happens(injury wise), we're going to need to need that money -- we're already very thin on the OL as it is. Plus, we're going to need as much roll-over as we can get this next off-season. 

50 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Trubisky to PFT on the criticism from Lombardi: “I’m not sure who that is.”

xD

1) Mitch never told PFT anything. They are misquoting Mitch's presser today when asked about criticism. At no point was Lombardi, or anyone's else's name even brought up and Mitch never said anything closely resembling those words.

2) Notice how they put that quote in the tweet but not in the article itself. That is strictly for retweets because they know most people will believe everything and will not fact check.

I was glad to see Mitch have a near flawless game but don't believe everything you read on the internet. Florio is well known for spreading false info, making up quotes and/or using mis-leading titles to for clicks and views. He started out as a D-bag hack and not much has changed. 

Here is Mitch's presser:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1nAKEyPnwlyKL

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

1) Mitch never told PFT anything. They are misquoting Mitch's presser today when asked about criticism. At no point was Lombardi, or anyone's else's name even brought up and Mitch never said anything closely resembling those words.

I know that, but it's still funny

4 minutes ago, BearDownTexas said:

I know that, but it's still funny

I cannot stand any kind of unethical journalism like this and will call it out every time. There were enough [good] exact quotes to take from that presser, so why make up others and take advantage of people...

Archived