Lions @ Bears GDT

WindyCity

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You really should listen to Riddick talk about Lombardi on Waddle and Silvy.

It really is the most professional way of calling someone complete *** clown.

I won't discredit his credentials and resume--which are noteworthy-- but he comes off as someone who just tries way too hard to be different in order to garner clicks and views.  

Shotgun | Bears offense vs Lions defense

----The Bears offense have ran more plays from the shotgun formation than any other team in the league(81%) and is currently ranked 10th in the league on both; success rate(DVOA) on plays ran from the shotgun formation and yd/play (6.4).

Plays not run from shotgun, the Bears are 28th in the league in success rate and 30th in Yd/play <-- no surprise here, considering the blatantly obvious play-calling. If Mitch lines up under center, we're running the ball.....it's that simple. Luckily we don't run it very often (19% of the time, including GL situations). 

----Conversely, the Lions defense have only played against opposing shotgun formations 57.7% of the time his season(28th least in the league) and are currently ranked 26th against the shotgun but T-6th in Yd/play with 5.6. 

Their defense is 30th against plays ran from under center and 24th in yd/play (4.9).

Shotgun | Lions offense vs Bears defense

--The Lions offense have run plays from shotgun formation 67.4% of the time(13th most in the league) and are currently tied 21st with Seattle in success rate and are T-12th in Yd/play(6.3).

Plays not run from shotgun, they are ranked 15th in success rate and 24th in yd/play (4.9).

--The Bears defense have seen the shotgun formation 68.1% of the time this season, T-10th most in league, and are currently ranked 2nd in success rate and 5th in yd/play.

Plays not run from shotgun the Bears are also 2nd in the league in success rate and are also 5th in yd/play---this defense is very consistent compared to the rest of the league.

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I won't discredit his credentials and resume--which are noteworthy-- but he comes off as someone who just tries way too hard to be different in order to garner clicks and views.  

Look at his drafts in Cleveland & Oakland. Listen to his opinion on Doug Pedersen. I’m going to FULLY discredit his credentials and resumé.

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You can discredit him, hes the king of hot takes and has shown no credibility in football evaluation. Riddick on the other hand might be the smartest talent evaluator ESPN has had on TV since Rick Spielman pre Vikings 

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You can discredit him, hes the king of hot takes and has shown no credibility in football evaluation. Riddick on the other hand might be the smartest talent evaluator ESPN has had on TV since Rick Spielman pre Vikings 

Lombardi passed on guys like Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Joe Thomas, Ngata, Peterson, Hali, Mankins, Megatron and Fitzgerald in Oakland only to take mediocre/bad players like Robert Gallery, Fabian Washington (1 pick before Rodgers btw), Jamarcus Russell, Michael Huff, Matt Stinchcomb and Derrick Gibson.

His only two drafts in Cleveland: Barkevious Mingo, Leon McFadden, Jamoris Slaughter, Armonty Bryant, Garrett Gilkey, Johnny Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, Terrance West, and Pierre Desir. 

He’s an absolute clown who people know was with the Pats for a cup of coffee so now all of a sudden his opinion is “meaningful.” He also wrote a book so any publicity he can get is helpful, although he’s delaying the inevitable on when that toilet paper ends up in the 10¢ bin.

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Barnwell called Mitch "the NFC North Blake Bortles". Lombardi said the Bears are overrated and simply a beneficiary of a soft schedule and that Mitch can't even throw the ball in bounds half the time. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/nfl-writer-goes-hard-mitchell-trubisky-bears-he-cant-throw-ball-inbounds-half-time

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/mitch-trubisky-criticism-tarik-cohen-michael-lombardi-bill-barnwell/

Thank you for those. 

4 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I would never fully discredit a guy who has probably forgot more about the game than both us have ever learned all because I disagree with one of his opinions.

I disagree with Barnwell's take on the Bears but I'm not gonna say "well I disagree with him on this one particular thing and so his take on everything else from here on out is not credible". That would be foolish.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would never fully discredit a guy who has probably forgot more about the game than both us have ever learned all because I disagree with one of his opinions.

I disagree with Barnwell's take on the Bears but I'm not gonna say "well I disagree with him on this one particular thing and so his take on everything else from here on out is not credible". That would be foolish.

Lombardi doesnt know more than you about football.

8 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Lombardi passed on guys like Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Joe Thomas, Ngata, Peterson, Hali, Mankins, Megatron and Fitzgerald in Oakland only to take mediocre/bad players like Robert Gallery, Fabian Washington (1 pick before Rodgers btw), Jamarcus Russell, Michael Huff, Matt Stinchcomb and Derrick Gibson.

His only two drafts in Cleveland: Barkevious Mingo, Leon McFadden, Jamoris Slaughter, Armonty Bryant, Garrett Gilkey, Johnny Manziel, Justin Gilbert, Joel Bitonio, Christian Kirksey, Terrance West, and Pierre Desir. 

He’s an absolute clown who people know was with the Pats for a cup of coffee so now all of a sudden his opinion is “meaningful.” He also wrote a book so any publicity he can get is helpful, although he’s delaying the inevitable on when that toilet paper ends up in the 10¢ bin.

For a guy with that track record maybe he shouldn’t be throwing so many stones and making so many hot takes about players and coaches.  But he wants to be famous.

On his podcast he brings up his book 3x a show.  

He is actually interesting and entertaining to listen to though and I agree with about 70% of stuff he says.  But writing off a 22 year old QB in his first year with a new coach is just stupid.  Also easy to predict failure because most people fail. 

It's funny that Lombardi is saying that we are the benefactors of an easy schedule but NO ONE says anything that the Pats gets to play these dumpster fire of teams twice a year for the last twenty years.  That's six wins automatically and no wonder they have won their division every year.  These pundits spin things whatever way they want to make themselves sound credible.

Jeff Dickerson ESPN Staff Writer 

Chicago Bears inactives vs. the Detroit Lions: wide receiver Kevin White, defensive back Marcus Cooper Sr., linebacker Kylie Fitts, offensive lineman Rashaad Coward, wide receiver Javon Wims, tight end Dion Sims and defensive tackle Nick Williams.

I am pretty sure this means Kevin White is done as a Bear.

Archived