Sign in to follow this  
soflbillsfan

Week 10 The battle of the Ages

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Matt Milano has to be going to the Pro Bowl right?

Remember we were all worried about his preseason play... He really stepped up

Don't get me wrong, I want Josh Allen under center in 2019.

But I want Barkley to play for the rest of 2018 if he is even half this good moving forward

Let Allen sit for the rest of the season, and try to get some talent around him this offseason

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Don't get me wrong, I want Josh Allen under center in 2019.

But I want Barkley to play for the rest of 2018 if he is even half this good moving forward

Let Allen sit for the rest of the season, and try to get some talent around him this offseason

I'm not against. I'm also not against giving Allen the last three games or so just to try and give him some game time before the end of the year. 

6 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Remember we were all worried about his preseason play... He really stepped up

Yeah hes been incredible. This defense really has the pieces to be something special. 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I'm not against. I'm also not against giving Allen the last three games or so just to try and give him some game time before the end of the year. 

Honestly... I'm in the camp of "don't risk ruining Allen"

I don't think he is in the boat of "we need to see what we have".. We know what he is, both strengths and flaws. The most important thing is to get him some more support on offense.

Side note. What a game by this defense!

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Honestly... I'm in the camp of "don't risk ruining Allen"

I don't think he is in the boat of "we need to see what we have".. We know what he is, both strengths and flaws. The most important thing is to get him some more support on offense.

Side note. What a game by this defense!

For sure on both accounts. I think the only reason he should play is to let him put into practice some of the stuff hes learned on the sideline. I'm good with him sitting the rest of the year and I'm just glad Barkley has played well enough to not force us into him starting which I'm pretty positive if Barkley hadnt started.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Win a game against the Jets and kill any chance at #1 overall. I knew we'd win two more meaningless games against crap competition.

Oh come on, enjoy it. We're blowing out a rival. 

There is tons of competition for the top three picks and we have no guarantee we'd get anything for our misery. 

3 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Win a game against the Jets and kill any chance at #1 overall. I knew we'd win two more meaningless games against crap competition.

I agree. I'm not thrilled either. It's fun to see a big win, but bigger picture a loss today is better.

I don't think I would have any interest in taking a player at #1 overall - but the trade value would have been lovely.

I still think we fall in the 4-5 win territory, and top 5-6 overall - which still probably lands us the #1 OL, #1 WR, or a nice trade scenario

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I agree. I'm not thrilled either. It's fun to see a big win, but bigger picture a loss today is better.

I don't think I would have any interest in taking a player at #1 overall - but the trade value would have been lovely.

I still think we fall in the 4-5 win territory, and top 5-6 overall - which still probably lands us the #1 OL, #1 WR, or a nice trade scenario

I think it's a bad year to bank on getting a top three pick. The Raiders are a disaster, the 49ers, Cards, Giants and Jets are awful. Cowboys, Broncos and Bucs are exactly lighting the world on fire. There are a lot of bad teams this season. 

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I think it's a bad year to bank on getting a top three pick. The Raiders are a disaster, the 49ers, Cards, Giants and Jets are awful. Cowboys, Broncos and Bucs are exactly lighting the world on fire. There are a lot of bad teams this season. 

It would be the Billiest thing ever to have an all time awful offense and still herp and derp our way to like, #9 overall or something.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

It would be the Billiest thing ever to have an all time awful offense and still herp and derp our way to like, #9 overall or something.

Wouldn't be surprised if we win up with like the 7th or something at all. Our rest of season schedule is not terribly difficult. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we win up with like the 7th or something at all. Our rest of season schedule is not terribly difficult. 

If we don't end up top-3 then Beane needs to nail everything about this off-season. Probably our most important one in over a decade.