Week 10 The battle of the Ages

soflbillsfan

Soo...how about Barkley as a legit backup option to Allen from here on? I know he had a pretty good preseason in Cinci before the knee injury. Maybe we could get him locked up and keep some continuity behind Allen for the foreseeable future. 

Maybe overreacting a little after just one game but he came in and did his job pretty good. 

39 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'm just so excited Zay Jones is playing so well. We need it! Get a WR opposite him in the draft and Allen has two solid young guys to grow with. 

I'm not sure if anyone else saw it but the Bills brought Pancho Billa to talk to the team and after Zay Jones' td he flashed his hand towel that had Pancho on written on it.

Love the relationship that the Bills organization has with its fans. Thats something truly special and I'll trade wins for that all day long. 

Geniune question about Josh. He partially tore his UCL correct? If so how likely is it that it eventually tears? Because that’s my biggest fear and why my optimism for the team going forward is bleak. Any time i hear UCL i freak out. I could live with anything but that or a shoulder injury. Those two scare me so much with a qb 

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Geniune question about Josh. He partially tore his UCL correct? If so how likely is it that it eventually tears? Because that’s my biggest fear and why my optimism for the team going forward is bleak. Any time i hear UCL i freak out. I could live with anything but that or a shoulder injury. Those two scare me so much with a qb 

Probably not likely. I mean partial tears are the same thing as a sprain. Once it heels up it should be fine. No different than a player sitting out a couple weeks with a sprained ankle. Josh Allen said he was ready to go this week. And with Barkley getting the start against Jets and a Bye week this week. It's like getting 100% healthy and then getting 2 extra weeks as percaution and gives him more time to strengthen it.

8 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

Probably not likely. I mean partial tears are the same thing as a sprain. Once it heels up it should be fine. No different than a player sitting out a couple weeks with a sprained ankle. Josh Allen said he was ready to go this week. And with Barkley getting the start against Jets and a Bye week this week. It's like getting 100% healthy and then getting 2 extra weeks as percaution and gives him more time to strengthen it.

Its already been announced that Allen will be ready to go against the jags and will start. I think Barkley should be starting the game and if he struggles put Allen but at this point the more time he is off the field the better it is for Allen longterm.  yesterday showed Peterman is on his way out. expect him to be cut sometime tomorrow or wednesday. Move forward with Anderson, Barkley, and Allen. Anderson can be a healthy scratch but still be on the sideline and help out allen and barkley since only 46 can dress. 

I always love beating a division opponent. Even if a loss would have all but cemented a top 10 pick if not top 5. However, i love that the offense opened things up and we may have a deep threat in Foster. Sounds like Teller held his own at LG too which is awesome.

Would be great if Barkley could cement himself as a long term backup option for us. We have needed that for as long as we've needed a franchise QB. As for Allen starting against the Jags, I get it. The Bills need to get film on him and allow him to continue to grow with Zay and other key offenses pieces. They still don't know what he does well and doesn't and if they don't get another 6 games out of him this year, they'll kind of just be guessing for the 2019 off-season. 

An example is Devin Funchess vs. Golden Tate. Two very different types of receivers that the Bills could target in FA.  Allen may throw to or trust one style more than the other. In the final 6 games does he and Daboll plan to get the ball to Benjamin/Pryor or Jones/McLoud more often? How does Daboll scheme these guys and utilize them in the redzone. These final 6 games though W/L won't completely matter, will be vert crucial and telling for how the 2019 off-season goes. 

17 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

McD says Josh Allen starts when ready. I don't like that. I want Barkley to get the start following the BYE.

If we were 4-6 and still in wildcard contention I would agree. But getting the last 6 games against pretty bad defenses could be very beneficial for Allen and Daboll.

Archived