Jump to content
BrownLeader

BrownLeader 2019 Positional Rankings

Recommended Posts

Greetings! Sharing rankings again for your scrutiny. Just the guys I've actually watched so far. Feel free to get at me...helps me verify what I think I'm seeing.  old FF links 2018: 2017 & 2016.  ...and all my draft stuff ...@ TALKDRAFT.NET 

____________________________

12/3/18

Screenshot-2018-12-03-talkdraft-QB.pngScreenshot-2018-12-03-talkdraft-RB.pngScreenshot-2018-12-03-talkdraft-WR.pngScreenshot-2018-12-03-talkdraft-TE.pngScreenshot-2018-11-27-talkdraft-OT.pngScreenshot-2018-11-07-talkdraft-net-OG.pScreenshot-2018-11-07-talkdraft-net-OC.pScreenshot-2018-11-14-talkdraft-net-DE.pScreenshot-2018-11-15-talkdraft-DT.pngScreenshot-2018-11-27-talkdraft-DE-OLB.pScreenshot-2018-11-18-talkdraft-ILB.pngScreenshot-2018-11-27-talkdraft-OLB.pngScreenshot-2018-12-03-talkdraft-CB.pngScreenshot-2018-12-03-talkdraft-S.png

Edited by BrownLeader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot Lil'Jordan Humphrey WR Texas and Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M on these lists. Believe me when you watch them play they definitely deserve to be on these lists and I do mean in the Top 5 or 10 at their respective positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You forgot Lil'Jordan Humphrey WR Texas and Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M on these lists. Believe me when you watch them play they definitely deserve to be on these lists and I do mean in the Top 5 or 10 at their respective positions.

I think I avoided Humphrey because of that first name. Thanks for catch though. I'll take a closer look at them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I think I avoided Humphrey because of that first name. Thanks for catch though. I'll take a closer look at them.

You won't be disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

You won't be disappointed.

I watched a lil bit (can't help myself) of tape just now on Humphrey. I can't figure out if he's slow or he just makes it look effortless. At 6'4 I'm leaning somewhere in between but I can't tell for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you might be missing a lot of guys in your ILB and OLB lists.  Also I feel David Reese is not as good as where you have him ranked, there are a lot of LBs better than him out there.

 

Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS SOPH - physical beast, huge size and tough physical tackler.

Markus Bailey Purdue JR - Great explosive tackling ability, can play inside or outside, fine playmaker

David Long Jr West Virginia RS JR - Love his quickness and ability to make tackles behind the line of scrimmage, talented player

Justin Hollins Oregon RS - Really long lean athlete, is rising up the draft boards I feel, huge kid and tons of upside

Gary Johnson Texas - Love his speed and athletic ability, quick playmaker and fits the speedy NFL

Joe Giles Harris Duke RS JR - Tackling machine out there, makes plays all over the field

Dakota Allen Texas Tech - Is odd to say but is a damn good linebacker at Texas Tech, solid tackler and decent in space as well

Drue Tranquill Notre Dame - Former safety, tough as they come and very versatile in coverage which is hard to find

Christian Miller Alabama RS - Playing great on the edge this year, finally stayed healthy and is consistently making plays

Bobby Okereke Stanford RS - Still has some work to do but is a consistent playmaker and I like his length and athletic ability

Ryan Connelly Wisconsin RS - Tough tackler and should be a great late round pickup

Blake Cashman Minnesota - Having a fine year, good speed and good blitzer will be a nice mid to late round pickup

Ben Humphreys Duke - Really good tackler and has been for a long time, solid ILB prospect who could play SLB as well

Ty Summers TCU - Tough kid in the middle, more of a 3/4 ILB possible but has shown some pass rush ability as well

 

 

 

At OG I think Risner is arguably the best OG in the draft class, he is a tackle now but think at OG in the NFL he could be a lot better than at OT.  And Bars would be the clear #1 OG in the class if he did not get injured, that will have him drop but kid looked really solid early in the year.

Also the two from Oklahoma, Dru Samia and Ben Powers are rising up the draft boards I feel.  Both are playing very good football and that OL in general on Oklahoma has out performed the OL on Wisconsin by far I feel.  Samia for sure is a rishing prospect and could make some noise come draft time.  Yosuah Nijman is another one on VT who might more to guard, could be a strong RT as well.  

 

At center I feel Ross Pierschbacher of Alabama is the clear #1 center in the country.  It is a some what weak draft class in general for centers, but he is playing lights out at that position for the first time as the full time starter there.  Was a OG and had success there as well years before.  But to me he is far an away the best center and Alabama is clearly the best offensive line in terms of domination and talent.  Willis the OT is going to be potentially a very high pick possibly similar to what Jonah will be this up coming year.  

 

 

In terms of your QBs, I do not get that, Dwayne Haskins I have as a QB I do not think would come out at this time.  Would be shocked if he did.  He has a long ways to go developmentally and that team overall is struggling, sure he is putting up stats but that is more because the WRs on that team are so good not he is such a great passer.  Better than JT Barrett was but obviously that is not hard to do considering his health issues in college and progressive struggles passing after the injuries and hits piled up.  I feel Finley is a lot better and is more pro ready that where you have him ranked.  Also Kyler Murray what is the point ranking him?  Seriously doubt he gives up on baseball and goes to the NFL.  Is having a great year and will have a choice but I would be surprised if he picked football over baseball, will see.  

 

 

Also Kelvin Harmon is way too low, that guy is a start and possible late 1st round pick if not for sure 2nd rounder.  Is having a great year and is a big time playmaker.  That is what jumps out to me just looking at it now....

 

 

I assume you have FR, SOPH, JR and SR rankings every year and just add to that as the year goes on?  And a lot of these guys I feel will not come out or should not come out, but maybe that is just me.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too low on Derrick Brown and Shaq Quarterman but I can dig the rest...even the "unconventional" rankings you had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 5:45 PM, BrownLeader said:

Greetings! Sharing rankings again for your scrutiny. Just the guys I've actually watched so far. Feel free to get at me...helps me verify what I think I'm seeing.  old FF links 2018: 2017 & 2016.  ...and all my draft stuff's ...@ TALKDRAFT.NET 

____________________________

11/7/18

Screenshot-2018-11-07-talkdraft-net-WR.p

Ahmmon Richards will never play football again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest gripe is that I disagree 100% on Kyler Murray. Don't think he can succeed in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyler Murray should not even be ranked. Amazing college QB. Would not be so amazing in the NFL. He’s gonna be a solid baseball player for the A’s though B|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irv Smith and Okwuegbunam are underrated around here.

Andre Dillard will be a hot name in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 7:15 PM, Calvert28 said:

You forgot Lil'Jordan Humphrey WR Texas and Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M on these lists. Believe me when you watch them play they definitely deserve to be on these lists and I do mean in the Top 5 or 10 at their respective positions.

I thought Humphrey was a Soph when checked out Texas earlier in the year. He reminds me of a skinny Kelvin Benjamin. Still not sure he's better than Collin Johnson but he's got strong hands, size and decent speed. My only question is his lateral mobility.

Sternberger was impressive. Speed and hands with adequate TE size. He's a little inconsistent but coming out of nowhere he's obviously got a ton of upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 7:52 PM, Ozzy said:

I feel you might be missing a lot of guys in your ILB and OLB lists.  Also I feel David Reese is not as good as where you have him ranked, there are a lot of LBs better than him out there.

 

Paddy Fisher Northwestern RS SOPH - physical beast, huge size and tough physical tackler.

Markus Bailey Purdue JR - Great explosive tackling ability, can play inside or outside, fine playmaker

David Long Jr West Virginia RS JR - Love his quickness and ability to make tackles behind the line of scrimmage, talented player

Justin Hollins Oregon RS - Really long lean athlete, is rising up the draft boards I feel, huge kid and tons of upside

Gary Johnson Texas - Love his speed and athletic ability, quick playmaker and fits the speedy NFL

Joe Giles Harris Duke RS JR - Tackling machine out there, makes plays all over the field

Dakota Allen Texas Tech - Is odd to say but is a damn good linebacker at Texas Tech, solid tackler and decent in space as well

Drue Tranquill Notre Dame - Former safety, tough as they come and very versatile in coverage which is hard to find

Christian Miller Alabama RS - Playing great on the edge this year, finally stayed healthy and is consistently making plays

Bobby Okereke Stanford RS - Still has some work to do but is a consistent playmaker and I like his length and athletic ability

Ryan Connelly Wisconsin RS - Tough tackler and should be a great late round pickup

Blake Cashman Minnesota - Having a fine year, good speed and good blitzer will be a nice mid to late round pickup

Ben Humphreys Duke - Really good tackler and has been for a long time, solid ILB prospect who could play SLB as well

Ty Summers TCU - Tough kid in the middle, more of a 3/4 ILB possible but has shown some pass rush ability as well

 

 

 

At OG I think Risner is arguably the best OG in the draft class, he is a tackle now but think at OG in the NFL he could be a lot better than at OT.  And Bars would be the clear #1 OG in the class if he did not get injured, that will have him drop but kid looked really solid early in the year.

Also the two from Oklahoma, Dru Samia and Ben Powers are rising up the draft boards I feel.  Both are playing very good football and that OL in general on Oklahoma has out performed the OL on Wisconsin by far I feel.  Samia for sure is a rishing prospect and could make some noise come draft time.  Yosuah Nijman is another one on VT who might more to guard, could be a strong RT as well.  

 

At center I feel Ross Pierschbacher of Alabama is the clear #1 center in the country.  It is a some what weak draft class in general for centers, but he is playing lights out at that position for the first time as the full time starter there.  Was a OG and had success there as well years before.  But to me he is far an away the best center and Alabama is clearly the best offensive line in terms of domination and talent.  Willis the OT is going to be potentially a very high pick possibly similar to what Jonah will be this up coming year.  

 

 

In terms of your QBs, I do not get that, Dwayne Haskins I have as a QB I do not think would come out at this time.  Would be shocked if he did.  He has a long ways to go developmentally and that team overall is struggling, sure he is putting up stats but that is more because the WRs on that team are so good not he is such a great passer.  Better than JT Barrett was but obviously that is not hard to do considering his health issues in college and progressive struggles passing after the injuries and hits piled up.  I feel Finley is a lot better and is more pro ready that where you have him ranked.  Also Kyler Murray what is the point ranking him?  Seriously doubt he gives up on baseball and goes to the NFL.  Is having a great year and will have a choice but I would be surprised if he picked football over baseball, will see.  

 

 

Also Kelvin Harmon is way too low, that guy is a start and possible late 1st round pick if not for sure 2nd rounder.  Is having a great year and is a big time playmaker.  That is what jumps out to me just looking at it now....

 

 

I assume you have FR, SOPH, JR and SR rankings every year and just add to that as the year goes on?  And a lot of these guys I feel will not come out or should not come out, but maybe that is just me.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of those LBs, David Long Jr really jumped out to me. Blazing linear speed and versatile enough that he could become an asset in coverage along with everything else he does.

I think Risner's good enough to be a really good pro RT. I've yet to take a good look at the Sooner OL though.

Haskins hasn't fared that great under pressure and his mobility is almost a liability but he is clutch. Big time arm talent with accuracy. He's almost like a quicker release Byron Leftwich, but I'd agree he needs more reps. I've no idea what Murray's baseball contract looks like but I think he's got a legit shot at being a pro QB. His arm is stronger than Will Grier's and he's got elite mobility.

I wasn't very high on Harmon last year and haven't really looked him up this year yet.

I just rank every draft eligible guy I watch and sort it out later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated rankings and another guy that jumped out to me recently looking at a few of his games is Michigan St CB Justin Layne. Very similar skill set and body type to Greedy Williams. Skinny guy but he doesn't lack physicality and sticks his nose right in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

I thought Humphrey was a Soph when checked out Texas earlier in the year. He reminds me of a skinny Kelvin Benjamin. Still not sure he's better than Collin Johnson but he's got strong hands, size and decent speed. My only question is his lateral mobility.

Sternberger was impressive. Speed and hands with adequate TE size. He's a little inconsistent but coming out of nowhere he's obviously got a ton of upside.

His lateral mobility is excellent for a guy who who will check out around 6-3 215 to 220. They have used him in multiple slot roles including wildcat formation as the QB. I made the comparison in another thread he reminds me alot of Cordelle Patterson coming out. But Humphrey I have seen be a serious threat over the middle. I wouldnt call him elite in any one area. But this is a guy who could be a starter for the next 10 years on almost any team given his versatility. 

Keep in mind it may be a little bit of homerism. But the talent is there with this guy and as I said in more then a few ways I prefer him over Colin Johnson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×