Week 10: Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT

Ghostnote

5 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

If you score 16 points and give up 450+ yards you win what, probably once in 100 times. The only thing different between this game and the Atlanta game is how careless the Bucs were with the ball.

we played terribly in both 

Ya’ll are entitled to feel how you want. 

We are in first place of the NFC East and 6-3.

A show of hands that felt we would be here when the season started? I know I didn’t expect this.

Great game to be out. The offense performed just as good without 4 starters as they usually do. Not sure what people are complaining about. We should have given up at least 30 points. Holding them to 3 is something to be proud of and shows us that we can beat high scoring offenses.  Even though we aren't playing anymore good offenses this season. I don't expect us winning a super bowl thise season,but when you can win without most of your starters, that's a good sign.  The great teams in the league are healthy and would probably fall apart with half of their roster. Defense wins championships. 

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So be it. I’d rather have a chance at it then be at home watching others get their chance...

Obviously Alex Smith isn’t our savior, but he is also not our downfall.

No but limping into the playoffs saves the jobs of the real issue with our team, the horrible GM and defensive coordinator.  I’m on the fence on Gruden, but if he has to go to get rid of Bruce Allen then so be it.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No but limping into the playoffs saves the jobs of the real issue with our team, the horrible GM and defensive coordinator.  I’m on the fence on Gruden, but if he has to go to get rid of Bruce Allen then so be it.

I’ve said it several times before, Gruden is the best coach we have had since Joe Gibbs round 1.

That doesn’t excuse the stupid clock management and general unpreparedness we are subjected to week in and week out.

That being said, if Allen, Gruden and Manusky lost their jobs, I hope Tomsula gets a shot to stay.

44 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You are correct, but the Redskins kicker did make all three of his kicks and Doctson didn’t drop the ball for a touchdown...

Yes. But that was in our control.

My point was that the Bucs kicker missing and Evans drop were giving the game away. Because you dont even get to the Fitz fumble if Evans holds on. Instead of fumbling when he went sideways (instead of falling forward for the 1st), the score should've been 16-15 at that point, with the Bucs about to tie it up with the XP. Fitz wouldve ben on the bench  after the scoring drive at that point. And that was even WITH the other 3 turnovers that we caused.

Our offense was not good today.

I'll take the win. But this is not an offense that has me jumping for joy

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

My point was that the Bucs kicker missing and Evans drop were giving the game away. Because you dont even get to the Fitz fumble if Evans holds on. Instead of fumbling when he went sideways (instead of falling forward for the 1st), the score should've been 16-15 with the Bucs about to tie it up with the XP. And that was even WITH the other 3 turnovers that we caused.

Or a defense based on the last two games...

I’ve been saying for a while now we just have to come to terms with what Alex Smith is. It’s the same Alex Smith that showed up week 1 in Arizona. Same that showed up week 2 vs Indy. We know what he is. We know what he isn’t. Once again the defense is the star and Alex is well, Alex. 

Bottom line is they got Houston and then Dallas and Philly. This is a chance to put the division to bed by December. None of us thought that was a possibility 

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Well, yeah. 

Look at who’s out on the field. Our offensive skill position group had to be just about the worst out there among any of the teams to play today. We already were a little lacking in speed/quickness at full health, and we were without our 3 fastest/quickest players today (maybe 5, if you count Quinn and Marshall). Very tough to move the ball consistently or spring a lot of chunk plays with such a lumbering, long-striding group.

And admittedly I don’t know enough about the current status of other teams’ OLs to say this with much authority, but our OL group (especially considering Moses was pretty clearly still playing banged up) also had to be one of the worst. They fought their tails off, but they just really couldn’t get anything going moving forward. 

Add in that the QB is not one who is going now to manufacture offense by taking chances and winging the ball downfield, and it’s a recipe for an absolute slog on offense. 

We’re in survival mode on offense right now. Once we get Trent and CT and Crowder back, maybe it’s a little different story. Then we’ll be more solidified up front and have a little more explosiveness and YAC ability. But for now, we badly needed to win a game or two like this. So I’m jumping for joy in that sense, at least. 

11 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Well, yeah. 

Look at who’s out on the field. Our offensive skill position group had to be just about the worst out there among any of the teams to play today. We already were a little lacking in speed/quickness at full health, and we were without our 3 fastest/quickest players today (maybe 5, if you count Quinn and Marshall). Very tough to move the ball consistently or spring a lot of chunk plays with such a lumbering, long-striding group.

And admittedly I don’t know enough about the current status of other teams’ OLs to say this with much authority, but our OL group (especially considering Moses was pretty clearly still playing banged up) also had to be one of the worst. They fought their tails off, but they just really couldn’t get anything going moving forward. 

Add in that the QB is not one who is going now to manufacture offense by taking chances and winging the ball downfield, and it’s a recipe for an absolute slog on offense. 

We’re in survival mode on offense right now. Once we get Trent and CT and Crowder back, maybe it’s a little different story. Then we’ll be more solidified up front and have a little more explosiveness and YAC ability. But for now, we badly needed to win a game or two like this. So I’m jumping for joy in that sense, at least. 

Agreed there E. But even with that, we had plenty of chances agsinst the worst defense in the league.

The bright shiny silver lining is that we're winning despite all of that. Which is a testament to the adage "defense wins championships"

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

My point was that the Bucs kicker missing and Evans drop were giving the game away. Because you dont even get to the Fitz fumble if Evans holds on. Instead of fumbling when he went sideways (instead of falling forward for the 1st), the score should've been 16-15 at that point, with the Bucs about to tie it up with the XP. Fitz wouldve ben on the bench  after the scoring drive at that point. And that was even WITH the other 3 turnovers that we caused.

The weapons the Bucs have are arguably better, as a whole, than the Falcons.  A game manager QB with those kind of weapons almost had 500 yards of offense against our defense.  Could you imagine Tampa Bay playing with a legit QB?  It would've been worse than the loss last week to the Falcons.  

Sure, this team is 6-3 and looking like they could take the division.  Problem is, when we get to the playoffs we are going to get run out of the building, especially if we can't get our playmakers on offense healthy.  Good offenses are going to get lots of yards in this league.  Good offenses with great QBs are going to get yards and points.  We aren't in either category right now.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The weapons the Bucs have are arguably better, as a whole, than the Falcons.  A game manager QB with those kind of weapons almost had 500 yards of offense against our defense.  Could you imagine Tampa Bay playing with a legit QB?  It would've been worse than the loss last week to the Falcons.  

Sure, this team is 6-3 and looking like they could take the division.  Problem is, when we get to the playoffs we are going to get run out of the building, especially if we can't get our playmakers on offense healthy.  Good offenses are going to get lots of yards in this league.  Good offenses with great QBs are going to get yards and points.  We aren't in either category right now.  

Yeah, no. There’s no way in hell the Bucs have better weapons than the Falcons. Jones, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and Coleman are way better than Evans, Jackson, Godwin, Howard and Barber. 

A win is a win, but you cannot be confident in the slightest. This "great" defense that I keep hearing about got thrashed up and down the field for 500 yards. The offense could barely stay on the field and mustered 16 points against one of the worst defenses in the league.

However, I did like the fight and overall effort given the injury situation. Jay Gruden will have to get creative on offense if this team wants to get to the postseason.

Hope we can get Trent Williams, Chris Thompson, Jamison Crowder and Quinton Dunbar back soon for the home stretch.

This was a nice win, but looking at the big picture - is this really a Superbowl caliber team? We are the NFC Cincinnati Bengals. We might even win a Wild Card game at home.

It was nice seeing Ha-Ha settle into our defense. He looked lost last week and that was worrying.

I was shocked to see Doctson end up with that clutch TD catch. He also had a nice 3rd down conversion before the halftime FG. That said, I still expect him out of the league in 3 years.  He has No YAC ability whatsoever.

Archived