Week 10: Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT

Ghostnote

6 minutes ago, taylor made said:

This was a nice win, but looking at the big picture - is this really a Superbowl caliber team? We are the NFC Cincinnati Bengals. We might even win a Wild Card game at home.

It was nice seeing Ha-Ha settle into our defense. He looked lost last week and that was worrying.

I was shocked to see Doctson end up with that clutch TD catch. He also had a nice 3rd down conversion before the halftime FG. That said, I still expect him out of the league in 3 years.  He has No YAC ability whatsoever.

He doesnt have much catch ability to begin with. 178th in the league in Catch Percentage. 54%... The top 23 are above 80%. Top 100 all around or above 70%. He needs to make those grabs.

23 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

This game is a shining example of how much it hurts your team when your QB is turnover prone, no matter how many yards he puts up. 

Bingo! This has been my philosophy forever, it’s the point I always made when we had Jason Campbell and were winning, but not winning pretty when those teams were healthy.

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah, no. There’s no way in hell the Bucs have better weapons than the Falcons. Jones, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and Coleman are way better than Evans, Jackson, Godwin, Howard and Barber. 

It’s close but yeah I’d give it to the falcons and they have a better QB.

Jones > Evans 

D. Jackson > Sanu

Ridley = Godwin

Howard > Hooper

Coleman > Barber

19 hours ago, taylor made said:

This was a nice win, but looking at the big picture - is this really a Superbowl caliber team? We are the NFC Cincinnati Bengals. We might even win a Wild Card game at home.

It was nice seeing Ha-Ha settle into our defense. He looked lost last week and that was worrying.

I was shocked to see Doctson end up with that clutch TD catch. He also had a nice 3rd down conversion before the halftime FG. That said, I still expect him out of the league in 3 years.  He has No YAC ability whatsoever.

I’ll say what I said in another thread. If you would’ve told me that the Eagles last year were going to in it all by the half way point, I’d call you crazy. If you would’ve told me that after the Redskins beat the Rams in LA early last season that they’d run away with the NFCW and host a playoff game, I’d say no way!

If you would’ve told me that after Wentz tore his Acl that Foles would lead them to a super bowl victory over Brady and the Pats, I would’ve said get off the drugs.

Im not saying the Redskins win the Super Bowl, or even are a contender, heck I can’t even guarantee you they’ll make the playoffs but I’ll just say anything is possible.

I don’t think Doctson is out of the league in 3 years but I don’t think he’s anything more than a #2 wr and he’s more likely a career #3 or 4. I agree he does basically nothing after the catch and he’s not a great route runner which was an issue in last years offense and continues to be this year. I think a good comparison for Doctson’s career is what Michael Floyd has become. I don’t expect Doctson to nearly drink himself out of the league, but on the field I think he remains inconsistent like Floyd has in his career and Doctson ends up being a career back up, at best a #2 that catches 50-60 recs, 600-700 yds and a handful of TDs a year.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Bingo! This has been my philosophy forever, it’s tgevpoint I always made when we had Jason Campbell and were winning, but not winning pretty when those teams were healthy.

There is a huge difference between Cousins and Fitzpatrick. And there is a much bigger difference in Campbell vs. Cousins. You put Cousins on this team, and he puts up 30 on the Bucs. No doubt in my mind. 

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Bingo! This has been my philosophy forever, it’s tgevpoint I always made when we had Jason Campbell and were winning, but not winning pretty when those teams were healthy.

Jason Campbell sucked and we were never winning with him. We only won when they brought in Collins. 

Congrats to the Redskins and our long suffering fans! 6-3 and two games ahead in first place. Never thought we’d be in this position before the season, so I’m happy for the ride. Yeah it was ugly, but an ugly win. our recipe has to be don’t make mistakes, win the turnover battle and run the ball. We are like the fat old poor guy pulling the super model

Tampa reminded me so much of what the Redskins used to look like- excitement, out gain the other team, then do stupid turnovers and lose. 

The Redskins are the poor mans Ravens team with Trent Dilfer at qb

i had a great double! The win and the under 20 payday. Bet some thought of some other double? Well fear not, ive been taking full advantage of those as well :)

havebt thought much about next game- just enjoying the win like it’s found money 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Jason Campbell sucked and we were never winning with him. We only won when they brought in Collins. 

We were 6-2 when JC was our starting  QB in 08 before players started getting injured and then we finished 2-6.

2009 wasn’t on him, alot of the old vets got hurt and the team fell apart bc of it.

He certainly wasn’t great though, he was probably around the 20th ranked starting QB most years he started in the league.

6 hours ago, mike23md said:

There is a huge difference between Cousins and Fitzpatrick. And there is a much bigger difference in Campbell vs. Cousins. You put Cousins on this team, and he puts up 30 on the Bucs. No doubt in my mind. 

Probably right.

On 11/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Why do we have at least 2 phantom holds called on us per game?

Well, see, there is a set number of holding calls that the refs have to call per game. Per the rules of the universe, the Redskins on defense can never be held, so to balance out the ledger, the calls wander over to the Washington offense.

Archived