Week 10: Tampa Bay Buccaneers GDT

Ghostnote

On 11/11/2018 at 5:18 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Ya’ll are entitled to feel how you want. 

We are in first place of the NFC East and 6-3.

A show of hands that felt we would be here when the season started? I know I didn’t expect this.

Oh, I certainly didn't expect to find the Redskins where they are.

I also don't think this is due to the great good adequate sub-par play of the offense over the last nine weeks. It is also in no small part due to the NFC East also collapsing (which was going to be obvious for the Giants, possible for the Cowboys, but surprisingly as all heck to me for the Eagles).

23 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

I’ve said it several times before, Gruden is the best coach we have had since Joe Gibbs round 1.

And that's not a ringing endorsement of Gruden, but a sad state of affairs regarding this team since the early 90s.

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

i had a great double! The win and the under 20 payday. Bet some thought of some other double? Well fear not, ive been taking full advantage of those as well :)

havebt thought much about next game- just enjoying the win like it’s found money

Unless the Redskins are facing an offensive juggernaut, always bet the under. That's EASY money.

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Alex Smith getting Jason Campbell comparisons. Things might be worse than I thought.

And depending on how you read the description, maybe coming out on the weaker end of those comps ...

4 hours ago, Woz said:

And depending on how you read the description, maybe coming out on the weaker end of those comps ...

Eh, Smith has better pocket presence, better accuracy, quicker decision making  and more athletic ability than Campbell. He’s also been w/o two of his top targets for a month, maybe even a week or 2 longer than a month. That is a factor in why our passing offense hasn’t hit its stride yet.

Now don’t get me wrong, if Crowder & CT weren’t hurt I don’t think Smith would be going over 300 yards and 2 TDs every game but I do think our passing offense overall would be better and he’d be averaging 30-50 more ypc and have a few more TDs thans he does.

Ups and downs I saw

Ups

takeaways, special teams won game

very predictable game as TB has one of the few worse Head coaches than we have- no discipline, no adjustments, no passion. 

OLB’s - Anderson is doing better and developing. Some guys have “it” for creating turnovers. His college stats showed “it” just as R Kerrigans did. And that fumble was all about hustle. - Eazy Kinzy- the most speed on the outside I’ve seen in a decade or more. Faster and younger than Galette. 

DL- top 3 are really playing well. When they sub out there’s a big dropoff

53- guess getting called out last week worked because he was much better

72- best guard not named Scherff we’ve had in 7 years and he was bagging groceries in October 

Special Teams- awesome. Way controlled the game with field position and Hopkins is a pro bowl kicker so long as he’s not kicking from that gravel pit  “field” at Fed Ex

Harris- our best and most consistent receiver 

- doctson- trending up 

-MVP is awesome. 

- Moses best game in years with multiple pancakes 

Smith- he’s doing what he’s always done- doesn’t lose games, doesn’t win games, manages games. I had a thought- his best career years were with KC. Alex is Alex. He’s the constant variable . Rather than beating him up for being who he is maybe it’s more accurate to look at the coaches who got him to be so much better. His best years ( by far) in KC, then SF, and then DC. Reid, Harbaugh then Dumbo. Maybe that’s where the criticism should be directed because Reid developed a system to get the best of Alex and Dumbo just forces his system on every player?

Downs

why can’t dumbo get the plays in on time. Calling multiple timeouts is bad

Reed- 50-50 as a TE sucks especially when you don’t block

41- I know he’s a rook and primarily a ST player but he acted like he thought the receiver had a disease he was so far away. 

44 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Ups and downs I saw

Ups

takeaways, special teams won game

very predictable game as TB has one of the few worse Head coaches than we have- no discipline, no adjustments, no passion. 

OLB’s - Anderson is doing better and developing. Some guys have “it” for creating turnovers. His college stats showed “it” just as R Kerrigans did. And that fumble was all about hustle. - Eazy Kinzy- the most speed on the outside I’ve seen in a decade or more. Faster and younger than Galette. 

DL- top 3 are really playing well. When they sub out there’s a big dropoff

53- guess getting called out last week worked because he was much better

72- best guard not named Scherff we’ve had in 7 years and he was bagging groceries in October 

Special Teams- awesome. Way controlled the game with field position and Hopkins is a pro bowl kicker so long as he’s not kicking from that gravel pit  “field” at Fed Ex

Harris- our best and most consistent receiver 

- doctson- trending up 

-MVP is awesome. 

- Moses best game in years with multiple pancakes 

Smith- he’s doing what he’s always done- doesn’t lose games, doesn’t win games, manages games. I had a thought- his best career years were with KC. Alex is Alex. He’s the constant variable . Rather than beating him up for being who he is maybe it’s more accurate to look at the coaches who got him to be so much better. His best years ( by far) in KC, then SF, and then DC. Reid, Harbaugh then Dumbo. Maybe that’s where the criticism should be directed because Reid developed a system to get the best of Alex and Dumbo just forces his system on every player?

Downs

why can’t dumbo get the plays in on time. Calling multiple timeouts is bad

Reed- 50-50 as a TE sucks especially when you don’t block

41- I know he’s a rook and primarily a ST player but he acted like he thought the receiver had a disease he was so far away. 

Great job! The only thing I would change slightly is that this is year one of Jay & Alex. You have to remember that in San Fran Alex wasn’t even asked to throw as much as he is here. Harbaugh rode Frank Gore and his top target was VD, Crabtree was a possession WR and I believe the #2 WR was Josh Morgan and we all know how average at best he was bc that’s what he was in DC for two years.

Alex and Reid became a really good HC/QB combo 5 years into their relationship and only after the team drafted Tyreke Hill and Kareem Hunt. Before last year it was hard to argue what you’re arguing that Harbaugh and Reid made Alex a lot better and Jay can’t bc before they drafted Hill & Hunt, Alex hadn’t thrown for 4,000 yds and over 25 TDs as a chief. 

Lets put it this way, neither of those HCs did for Alex what Sean McVay has done for Jared Goff. Of course when you watch the Rams you realize that they too don’t throw the ball downfield a lot it’s just all of their WRs and especially Gurley get a lot of yac. Our WRs this year - and last - have either been covered like glue bc they aren’t great route runners or they’re not capable of getting a lot of yac yards bc they don’t have a lot of speed and wiggle - see Doctson.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:21 AM, Doc Draper said:

It's a shame that it took a series of injuries to the existing guards who had no point being on this roster (Scherff being the glaring exception) for the front office to find someone with some level of competence/reliability to actually play.

It's a shame few of us are enjoying being 6-3. It does feel more like we're 3-6  :(

On another note - I haven't read this huge thread. Maybe someone already commented. Cassanova McKinsy. Gruden says he's a very good special teams guy and man did he look quick coming off the edge . !! I hope he gets more time . 

P S. Danny Johnson - rough game . It was reported 2-3 weeks ago he had broken forearm but would try to play through it . I noticed he was playing with no protection at all on either arm . Must be a hallova quick healer . Kinda strange . 

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

It's a shame few of us are enjoying being 6-3. It does feel more like we're 3-6  :(

Am I upset that they are in first place? Absolutely not.

Do I believe the Bucs handed the game to them on a silver platter? Yep. As such, I cannot celebrate as much as I would like since any reasonable team would have pasted the floor if they outgained their opponent 2:1 in yards.

Does the defense deserve credit for some of that? Absolutely. But a bunch of that was sheer luck. Still, it is better than the luck the Redskins have had in years past.

Until proven otherwise, I am going to assume that this team as currently constructed can not nor will not come back from a one touchdown lead. If they can keep winning ugly, so be it. However, barring them pulling this off all the way to hoisting a Lombardi, I'm not going to be drinking the Kool Aid. Will I root for them? Absolutely. Do I want to be proven wrong? YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I just have zero confidence they'll be able to do that. And until that time, the players who are calling out fans like me: póg mo thóin (or if you prefer the English bastardization of it, pogue mahone).

18 hours ago, Woz said:

It's a shame that it took a series of injuries to the existing guards who had no point being on this roster (Scherff being the glaring exception) for the front office to find someone with some level of competence/reliability to actually play.

Yeah, 72 should’ve been signed either in March or definitely after he was cut from the 49ers in September.

Archived