What Are Your Final Thoughts On Hue Jackson?

brownie man

Your Final Thoughts   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Was Hue Truly Given a fair Opportunity?

• Yes we had enough talent for him to perform better
    • No Sashi took ripped this too far that Hue didn't have enough talent to judge him as a coach
  2. 2. Is Hue the worst HC we've had ever?

• Yes
    • Yes

He got payed millions to do one of the coolest jobs possible, I am notsorry for him.

He wasn't the right man for an extremely hard job, the tank. If he coached and acted the way he did at the start of his time he may of had better results. He became as much about his image as his coaching.

It was Hue Jackson 1

Browns 2

That is not the leader you need in tough spots. 

For what Sachi did, peace be upon him, I am not sure there was a man for the job, maybe bill b, or john harbaugh, I think you need a disciplined style of coaching for a tank job.

When you refuse to hold yourself accountable, blame-shift, and try to undermine the GM by going behind his back and over his head, how are you going to develop any type of positive culture on your football team, let alone talent, discipline, and accountability? He's one of the worst HC I've ever seen in any sport. Aside from the sheer amount of penalties, very few young players developed under Hue, and the culture in the locker room was toxic. Ask Landry, who came from the Dolphins. Motivating professionals to PRACTICE wasn't even important for him. 

He didn’t have talent to win, i’ll concede that, but you don’t need talent to show that you can put together a scheme that accentuates your player’s strong suits and abilities. He did that year one, not at all last season.

Last season he essentially thumbed his nose at the front office and ran a scheme that was in direct opposition to what his talent indicated he should have. Then he went around them and tried to make a terrible trade before leading the charge to fire them.  

He was awful.

He didn't have the talent to win a lot of games, but he definitely had the talent to win more than four games in 2.5 years. The talent last year wasn't 0-16 bad. That was on Hue and Kizer. And Hue insisted on starting Kizer when Kessler, while certainly limited, gave us a better chance to win last year when Kizer clearly wasn't ready.

My final thoughts on Hue: Good riddance.

Archived