TNF GDT: Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The game before that was 24-3 at half, ended 38-24. I didn't even include that one (pats / colts) 

I watch every PT game and I guess they have just slipped by me. Didn't even realize how much time I have spent watching blowouts. LOL.

I gotta admit, the forum GDT's help alot in that aspect though.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I don't know about that. I get the idea but rookie contracts for RB's are so low priced and less valued now that seeing them get a second contract is going to a take tremendous amount of continued success and the ability to be a two-way back. 

The position value can be found in mid-rounds.

Conner has shown his versatility. Plus with the ever increasing Cap Room, and the other RBs looking for big deals (Gordon, Coleman, lol Le’veon), a 5-year, 40 mil will be nothing.

I think Conners at least worth the same contract Dion Lewis got. 

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Always play your Studs, no matter Chubbs Matchup. 

I'm legit playing against McCaffrey in 3 leagues! Rediculous.

Chubb is averaging around 20 carries per game since becoming a starter and is playing a bad defense. McCaffery is playing one of the best defenses at defending HBs. I took a chance. Sometimes, you make the wrong call. I'll still be doing it. I'm a strong proponent of playing the match-up unless you have a match-up proof player (like Todd Gurley).

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Last week, Carolina set a franchise record with 35 points scored in the first half. This week, they tied a franchise record by giving up 52 points.

What a difference a (short) week makes.

Having to hold off Fitzmagic took all of the fight they had. They needed time to recharge.

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I watch every PT game and I guess they have just slipped by me. Didn't even realize how much time I have spent watching blowouts. LOL.

I gotta admit, the forum GDT's help alot in that aspect though.

They really do. If this place didn't exist, I wouldn't watch any thursday night games besides ones the niners were involved with, and I wouldn't be nearly as involved in watching non 49er games in general. 

1 minute ago, One Punch Man said:

Conner has shown his versatility. Plus with the ever increasing Cap Room, and the other RBs looking for big deals (Gordon, Coleman, lol Le’veon), a 5-year, 40 mil will be nothing.

I think Conners at least worth the same contract Dion Lewis got. 

You don't give a RB a second contract half way through his rookie year. Again, I get your angle here---it's cheaper now than it will be in 3 years---but you don't bank on any RB like that. No GM is going to do that. They're going to take adavantage of those rookie contracts and extend them as far as they can. And rightfully so. The price don't match the worth. 

Besides, the Steelers need all the cap room they can muster to revamp the defense and taking some of that money away to put towards a RB position just seems like an illogical choice to make.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

They really do. If this place didn't exist, I wouldn't watch any thursday night games besides ones the niners were involved with, and I wouldn't be nearly as involved in watching non 49er games in general. 

that means.....webby is keeping tnf alive.

Archived