TNF GDT: Carolina Panthers at Pittsburgh Steelers

Malfatron

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Oh, we're pointing out how garbage the NFL is it at protecting QB's? I'd like to submit my sample of Kiko Alonso being penalized 15 yards and not ejected for this hit last year:

Yeah Flacco is garbage. He was doing Bal a favor by knocking that scrub out the game. 

59 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I forgot about the play where Cam, not the defender, somehow got flagged for the play above.  The Reid ejection was a joke and probably had more to do than just that play (he was also apparently drug tested for the 5th time last night).  And the NFL's consistency continues to be horrendous.  The Reid play was by the rule books a penalty, but he 100% shouldn't be fined considering they already went overboard with the ejection.

That was a taunting penalty, not apples to apples. And the defender didnt launch.

They strengthened the targeting/ejection rules this off-season. Anyone who has been around long enough should know my own thoughts on the matter, but posting clips from previous seasons really doesn't mean much.

People really are overlooking the game was over aspect of all this. Whether they want to admit it or not, it changes how refs call things.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

It’s the same thing Reid did. I don’t know how you could possibly say Reid launched and the other guy didn’t.

Bc he didnt launch, hes coming from the side, not directly ahead, and doesnt deliver a forearm shiver. 

Edit just watched the clip 3 more times.  Not only doesnt he launch, he breaks down for a form tackle and completely whiffs.  I dont even think he made contact Reid, on the other hand left his feet lowered his shoulder and delivered a form arm shiver that snapped the head of Ben off the ground.  I wasnt sure about the ejection last night bc I thought it was kind of bang bang, but rewatching it and really taking a hard look, it kinda feels justified 

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont think he shouldve been suspended and I dont think he did it intentionally, but it was absolutely a penalty and what he did absolutely caused Ben's head to slam off the ground.   Not sure what your glitch is.

Where did I say it wasn’t a penalty? He said he slammed Bens head, that is different from saying he was his head to slam.  

53 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

The easiest and most obvious solution to making TNF a better product is to make sure both teams are coming off their bye week.

That's actually great for players too, giving them practically two bye weeks worth of rest in a row.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I've always thought that about the Panthers.  That beating the Steelers gave them isn't really surprising to me. 

It’s an overreaction because you’re using one game, a Thursday night game at that, to confirm your view of them. The Steelers aren’t 31 points better than the Panthers.

17 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Just saw the Eric Reid ejection, lol you can’t be serious? 

Come on man. Joke. And Pouncey didn’t even get flagged. Hysterical.

Again, this is an absolute ridiculous take. What could Pouncey get flagged for? Grabbing a guy? 

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Shades aren't needed. Reid did three things you can't do as a defender.

Dive head first (leaving your feet/Launching)

Did above move at a QB Sliding feet first, giving himself up!

Did above two while making contact with said QB head whether accidentally or not.

Couldn't be more clear cut and deserving of a Flag. Now immediate ejection? That's debatable, but not the flag.

This, and anyone arguing otherwise is being facetious. Penalty 100 times out of 100 in today's NFL regardless of who the QB is. Now as far as the ejection goes? I said it when it happened, it's very likely because it was Eric Reid and the league is clearly colluding against him.

Archived