N64 Classic Edition

carrolljcmc

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So are the games HD remakes or original?  Have you tried playing Ocarina of Time lately?  Its rough.  The graphics are so fuzzy I have no idea how I used to control it with such precision.  

They won't be HD remakes, but they might look better depending on how you're playing them right now. 

Also, this isn't confirmed yet. Can we please not post things as facts when they're not officially announced? 

I'm actually a bit skeptical of this - the N64 was fun, but the graphics did not hold up very well, and there are licensing issues with a lot of the non first-party games like Banjo Kazooie, GoldenEye, etc. They may not be able to be on this system. 

37 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

N64 one is the first one worth buying since 3rd party emulation still is super spotty.

Yep. NES and SNES play perfect using retropie and you have literally every game you want. N64 is the first one I'm excited for. Especially if rogue squadron is part of it.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

N64 one is the first one worth buying since 3rd party emulation still is super spotty.

You aren't wrong. On PC decent hardware it's decent.

I'm not sure what release price will be.

But n64, everdrive flash cart (newest version is 175$ but the last one is fine and is $110 and 8gb flash disk. Every possible game, perfect emulation, real hardware and accessories. I bet that's all less than this thing and CLEARLY better. 

So it's not even emulation. It just loads it into memory and the console reads it. Real consoles and ever drive is king and always will be. Now they might have better output, I'll give them that.

I get too they become popular pop culture things I guess

Would realistically love this to have both Zelda's, Turok, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Star Fox, Smash, Pilot Wings

Licensing issues probably, but would also love Ken Griffey Jr baseball (imagine if they updated the teams!), Rogue Squadron, Perfect Dark, Pokemon Snap, Pod Racing

On 11/8/2018 at 12:51 PM, Outpost31 said:

But I already have an N64.  And GoldenEye, Mario 64, Mario Party 1-3, Starcraft, Snowboard Kids and a couple other games. 

I never played starcraft on it, how did the controls work?  

And I still have both of my N-64s, so I probably won't get this.  I'm not even sure the games I liked will even be put on it, aside from Super Mario 64, Goldeneye and Rogue Squadron.  However, if I can get online multiplayer for a Goldeneye port, count me in!

I would also kill for a WWF No Mercy upgraded port too.  I'm about ready to do a bunch of new CAW's for current wrestlers.  

Archived