Antonio Brown gets a ticket

Breesus mode

With a little Google Maps research, McKnight Rd. is about an 8 mile stretch that connects an interstate and a highway.

That 8 mile stretch includes a mall, a plethora of neighborhoods, many restaurants....put it this way, (at least from my research) it's not a road you can go 100 on without easily putting other lives at risk.....hence the 45 mph speed limit. One itty bitty mistake and you easily kill somebody, if not put someone in a coma or turn them in to a vegetable.

To me at least, this is like shooting a random round in a public area for the hell of it. It's a really nice gun, it's a really expensive gun, and you just wanted to see how it shot, but you didn't hit anyone even though you could have easily killed someone if you did. Consequence? Felony. It was a really nice car, it was a really expensive car, and he just wanted to see how it drives, but he didn't hit anyone even though he could have easily killed someone if he did. Consequence? $200. Complete joke imo.

Take the gun to a range if you want to shoot, likewise, take your car to a track if you want to go 100.

33 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

With a little Google Maps research, McKnight Rd. is about an 8 mile stretch that connects an interstate and a highway.

That 8 mile stretch includes a mall, a plethora of neighborhoods, many restaurants....put it this way, (at least from my research) it's not a road you can go 100 on without easily putting other lives at risk.....hence the 45 mph speed limit. One itty bitty mistake and you easily kill somebody, if not put someone in a coma or turn them in to a vegetable.

To me at least, this is like shooting a random round in a public area for the hell of it. It's a really nice gun, it's a really expensive gun, and you just wanted to see how it shot, but you didn't hit anyone even though you could have easily killed someone if you did. Consequence? Felony. It was a really nice car, it was a really expensive car, and he just wanted to see how it drives, but he didn't hit anyone even though he could have easily killed someone if he did. Consequence? $200. Complete joke imo.

Take the gun to a range if you want to shoot, likewise, take your car to a track if you want to go 100.

I understand why you feel that way, but in most jurisdictions in this country, ANYBODY is going to get a slap on the wrist.  The biggest consequences are license suspension and sr22 requirement.  Neither of those things are going to keep a pro athlete from speeding.  

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I understand why you feel that way, but in most jurisdictions in this country, ANYBODY is going to get a slap on the wrist.  The biggest consequences are license suspension and sr22 requirement.  Neither of those things are going to keep a pro athlete from speeding.  

You are correct. And I would feel the same way regardless if it's Antonio Brown or Butt **** Joe. The penalty should be stiffer but that's just my opinion.

On 11/8/2018 at 11:37 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I'll assume it's a "non residential area"? If not, there is no such thing!

Yeah it's basically a road they will be putting in new neighborhoods over the next few years connecting a couple towns in a round about way, but for now, and 8 years ago especially, there is no reason for such a slow speed limit.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:18 AM, seminoles1 said:

There's no such thing as safely driving over 100 MPH.

Don't be such a grandma, new cars today drive incredibly smooth at that speed, and on straight roads where there is nothing around and clear line of sight in every direction, you can very easily drive safely well over 100 MPH.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:26 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

If people drive their cars in truly unsafe manners like this, or drunk driving, they should spend time in prison tbh.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Don't be such a grandma, new cars today drive incredibly smooth at that speed, and on straight roads where there is nothing around and clear line of sight in every direction, you can very easily drive safely well over 100 MPH.

Especially something meant to go that fast, such as a Porsche 911.

It's incredibly stupid, shouldn't be done - but let's not act like he was firing a gun indiscriminately into a crowd.

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

So in absolutely perfect conditions where you aren't even really driving...

Archived