Week 10 GDT: Patriots @ Titans

Titans fan 617

I feel like we can win this if we bring our A game.  Something about the mood of the team after the bye and the big win in Dallas which, after the first two disastrous drives, wasn't even a particularly close game.  We outplayed them in every area after that Byard pick.  I also don't sense the Pats are unbeatable at the moment.  The Packers and Bills games were both very close late in the game until the Pack and Bills fell apart.  Granted, we can fall apart with the best of them but I also think we can win if we don't make mistakes and limit Brady like the Bills did two weeks ago.

I know it is customary to expect the worst from the team in bigger games. But I truly feel that isn't the way the team is...

I think it will be a closer game than people think and we have a chance to win. Our defense is pretty good at stopping scoring plays. And we gotta have a little faith in the numbers they have put up.  Even going back to last year, we were in that game early and some "Patriots" stuff happened and killed a lot of what we had going, then Brady and company hit the gas and pulled away.  
Buffalo played them tough this year on a Monday night and if Buffalo had some offense, could have really pushed them to the edge. 

I know people here can't allow themselves to expect anything positive from the Titans for being scared of being let down.  But I think they are going to be competitive. 

So if Taylor and Sharpe can't suit up this week we could very well be looking at a receiving corp that's gone from Davis, Matthews, Taylor, Sharpe, Walker and Jonnu to one this week consisting of Davis, Jennings, Batson, another random PSer, Jonnu, and Stocker.

Wow lol.

Any idea what's going on with Fowler? Apparently he's the got the best hands on the team according to someone, I can't remember who. But lol.

12 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Winning against Dallas allows this to be more or less a throw away game.

Get through it healthy and get ready for the final 7 game push for the playoffs.

sure would be nice to pull out a win somehow. otherwise i feel like we're gonna have to go 6 for 7 to sniff the playoffs this year, and uh, i'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I get the optimism. I totally get it.

we are going to get steamrolled.

Aye. I've prepared myself already.

Got two coworkers who are Pats fans. Would love nothing more than to rub this in their faces, but it won't happen.

I won't mind if it did, of course.

There seems to be optimism in the air on the forum. We all know what that has meant in the past. A lot of people saying we're better than we think. A lot of people saying I told you so after a big performance from the QB. 

I could see this going down in two ways:

1. We lose by 3+ TDs decimating the hopes of those who continually get them up after a big performance.

2. We squeak out a win which sways even the biggest critics of the team and the QB, only to get stomped by Andrew Luck the following week and crush even more hopes and dreams.

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

There seems to be optimism in the air on the forum. We all know what that has meant in the past. A lot of people saying we're better than we think. A lot of people saying I told you so after a big performance from the QB. 

1. We lose by 3+ TDs decimating the hopes of those who continually get them up after a big performance.

2. We squeak out a win which sways even the biggest critics of the team and the QB, only to get stomped by Andrew Luck the following week and crush even more hopes and dreams.

Honestly the only people who will have their hopes and dreams crushed/decimated or whatever are the irrational posters who like to be negative/troll that only post in the GDT or shortly after.

I think the 6-7 of us that post in here regularly are pretty level headed and will be just fine.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

It's that mindset that has me wondering why even bother rooting for this team or any team for that matter. 

NOT QUESTIONING ANYONE'S FANDOM.

But a few actually believe this franchise will get back to consistently winning one day that road has to start somewhere. 

But also in the same breath some want to replace a coach or a QB with the hope that THIS is the one that will be our Brady/Belichick combo. Or play this guy over that guy. 

God forbid we actually believe or have hope for the team. 

It's like the mindset is to think it's gonna be bad and just hope to be surprised. So even if we win now we are doomed to lose because.... reasons. Complain about same ol, but silently comfortable with that mindset. 

And not attacking you or anyone who has no hope or thought of us winning this game. Because the odds are against us. But it's not like we playing the Randy Moss Patriots. 

Why even tune in if you feel it's a hopeless dream? Why come here and down those who want to discuss or think of ways that it could be possible to be competitive or maybe even win?

So many thought we'd get embarrassed by the Cowboys who were almost in the same boat as us just because it's us. Despite the evidence of us having a good chance to win.  

Not trying to censor. Just sincerely wondering the motivation.  

@KingTitan I have hope for the team. It was crushed for this season when we laid an egg against the worst team in the league in Buffalo and then came out scoreless against a meh Ravens team.

Blindly being optimistic doesn't make someone a better fan. I want them to win. It doesn't mean I have to rationally expect them to without reason. My opinion of the talent on the team is based on what I see, not what I want to see.

Human brains are trained to recognize patterns. Over the last 3 years, the two scenarios I described above have been the patterns. Big wins that get us saying "And the national media never gives us any respect", only to be followed by disappointment.

That is the pattern that has people saying "Same ol Titans" one week after every big win. We don't have people saying that for no reason.

Archived