Week 10 GDT: Patriots @ Titans

Titans fan 617

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

@KingTitan I have hope for the team. It was crushed for this season when we laid an egg against the worst team in the league in Buffalo and then came out scoreless against a meh Ravens team.

Blindly being optimistic doesn't make someone a better fan. I want them to win. It doesn't mean I have to rationally expect them to without reason. My opinion of the talent on the team is based on what I see, not what I want to see.

Human brains are trained to recognize patterns. Over the last 3 years, the two scenarios I described above have been the patterns. Big wins that get us saying "And the national media never gives us any respect", only to be followed by disappointment.

That is the pattern that has people saying "Same ol Titans" one week after every big win. We don't have people saying that for no reason.

No. I understand the reasoning for feeling that way I do. 

But at what point does one believe a team is better than it's history? 

Like you said. A win won't do it. 

I'd be inclined to say if we were 10-0, there would be a good group saying well this is the one we will get blown out. Lol like no belief. 

And why is would it be blind optimism? We have a defense that has shown it can hold it's own right now. 

Offense is the big question. But if they play similar to Monday, there is a chance to be competitive. Is that blind?

Should the Panthers not believe in their season after a historic spanking tonight? What are the rules lol 

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Also, the post was satirical. It's not my prediction, rather a jab at our own disappointment every time we are given a reason for hope.

It's all good. But someone somewhere believes it to be nothing but true. And I was just wondering about that thinking. Sorry not really trying to call you out on it. 

It's just a part of general fandom. Go look at Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc forums. It's doom and gloom for a lot of fans there too despite them being in the playoffs every year. Fans in general are never going to be satisfied. Even fans who see their team go to 8 super bowls and win 5 of them. There's still "is Brady done?" every September from some Pats fans. There's still "Is the relationship between Brady and Belichick soured?" every year from Pats fans. It never stops. People are never satisfied.

I do think our offensive guys have an advantage over the Patriots vs. their LBs.  If we can get Lewis involved in that area and have one of our WRs able to run crossing routes against them we could move the ball.

I know Bill normally fixes what went wrong against him, but the Jags ate them alive with crossing routes.

New England has the 26th ranked passing defense so we should be able to move the ball through the air. Will come down to if we can convert in the redzone again, New England has the 11th ranked scoring defense and 15th ranked red zone defense with a 85.71% TD rate in their last 3 games (tied for 4th worst in that time frame).

Titans are actually the least penalized team in the NFL so far which says something about the coaching and the discipline of this team.

2nd least penalized team? NE. Maybe our whole follow in the Pats footsteps approach is paying off. 

They're going to need an almost flawless game to have a chance on Sunday. The offensive talent is heavily lopsided for these two teams, Vrabels a smart guy and he knows that, so with his general approach I think he's going to come out and take a lot of chances. We're massive underdogs so I expect to see an all or nothing type game, some trick plays, some stuff we haven't seen so far. I think it'll be fun and I think we stay competitive but probably still end up losing by a touchdown. Brady will seal it in the last 5 minutes. 27-20 Pats

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Of course not, not what I'm saying.

You wouldn't be satisfied if this team made the post season every year, either.

I'd be satisfied if we made it this year. 

Honestly, what it's going to take for me to be satisfied, and to put butts in the stands, is a competitive offense. One that is consistent and doesn't show up just once out of every 4 or 5 games.

We are the leagues best defense and our offense averages fewer points per game than our defense allows... Let that sink in. And people think we should be satisfied lol.

Archived