Week 10 GDT: Patriots @ Titans

Titans fan 617

That was one of the most complete games we've put together in good while... And against one of the best teams in the league. 

The defense was top notch... And I'll say it again, I didn't expect this with a bend/don't break defense... Especially with the lack of pressure and turn overs. I think this defense can get even better once it starts forcing more mistakes and turn overs. Once the pass rush stabilizes, SB caliber defense without a doubt. 

We're still missing that consistent #2 option on offense, but the way Mariota and the defense are playing, it may not matter. Davis is a legit #1... That  catch he had, jumping up and back across his body was outstanding. All the great QBs have that receiver that bails them out from time to time... And Mariota finally has his. 

Batson didn't put up crazy numbers, but he's proving to be reliable in the slot. I wouldn't be upset if he kept that "starting" slot role the rest of the season. 

Lewis looked like he was going to be a great afternoon... Started with 5 rushes for 35 yards in the first 2 drives, then ended with 15 for 22 after that. He'll have better days... 

Henry was the exact opposite... Went 5 for 37 on that final td drive... With all 5 of the this runs coming back to back to back to... It's what's worked so well for him and us in the past... Come in with fresh legs late in the game and just punish those tired defenses. He was that knockout punch again yesterday... And the Pats did the right thing throwing in the towel after that drive... I wanted us to score again, putting up that 40 burger against them, give them a taste of their own meds, but we may face them again in the playoffs no need to give them an extra ounce of motivation. 

Lafleur has finally come into his own... Had done a great job the last 2.5 games... 10 offensive tds in this 10 quarters, doubling up the 5 tds the previous 6.5 games. I think/hope there was some sort of agreement where he'd stay at least 2 years before he took any interviews/jobs. I think other teams would respect that loyalty... 

Pees... What a find. Like I said, I fully expected to be frustrated with the bend but don't break style, but hes been a great match with Vrabel. The secondary has been outstanding, and if Butler can replicate his success this week, taking away that #2 outside option, the Titans will be able to roll help to Adoree to shut down opposing #1s. That's going to be a hard defense to beat... As it keeps everything short and inside, punishing the guys fortunate enough to catch a pass. 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Adoree Jackson 69, Jurrell Casey 58, Wesley Woodyard 51...

Does PFF watch the games or just assign arbitrary numbers to a player?

Vrabel said during his press conference today that Adoree was the best player in the game yesterday, so certainly doesn't match up with what the coaching staff thought.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Vrabel said during his press conference today that Adoree was the best player in the game yesterday, so certainly doesn't match up with what the coaching staff thought.

Next offseason he has to buckle down & become a film junkie like Byard. He has improved from his rookie season as I expected, but I’m ready for us to have our shutdown corner, something we haven’t had since PacMan 05 season 

I know we haven't had success against Luck's Colts in the past (0-10?), but I like the matchups here. 

Thid is the worst defense we've faced this season, by far (Dolphins may be on par, but that was such a weird game, it can't be used for comparison). We've put up an average of 31 the past 2 weeks and I don't see how we don't hit that mark this week, with the rhythm LaFleur and Mariota for going right now. 

I also like our defense against Luck here. He's a different QB than Brady so we can't compare. His scrambling definitely adds a different element, but I think we can keep them in relative check. They'll put up points, but not enough to keep up... I don't think. 

I think this is a great matchup for us... And a great chance to keep this momentum going. A loss would definitely bring up feelings of the same ol Titans. 

Anyone want an update on New Englanders today? Lol 

it has been nice to hear them lose their minds but even in defeat the media memebers are still trashing the Titans.

On guy on our big drive time radio show was at the game yesterday all he keeps saying is Mariota sucks Davis sucks how did they lose to the Titans

Other New Englanders are starting to get worried since they are having problems winning on the road

But on to Indianapolis 

Skip Bayless is an absolute joke who acts like an idiot because it gets people riled up, at least I can't imagine he's actually that stupid, but so far after the Eagles, Cowboys, and Patriots games this season he has criticized their defense saying "They were handled by Marcus Mariota? Marcus Mariota???" haha

The media talks to get viewers. They don't talk about you just because you won. The two biggest teams in the media today were the Browns and the Cowboys. If that's what it takes to be in the media, I'll take silience.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd much rather not be talked about by the media at all or completely belittled than praised.  It adds fuel to our fire and keeps us under the radar. We just blew out one of the best teams in the NFL, and they still don't want to give us our due? Cool. All that matters is that we pull out enough Ws to get in the dance come January. After that, anything can happen.  Yesterday proved that if this team is playing how we know we can play, and everybody is doing their job, we can beat any team in the league. That's a pretty big deal, and it could be a big confidence booster if/when we make it to the playoffs. The talking heads don't have to talk about us right now. They'll have all offseason to talk about us after we're holding up the Lombardi. B|

Archived