Week 10 GDT: Patriots @ Titans

Titans fan 617

@Hunter2_1  It should be the outside corner to whichever side he's lined up on. They have occasionally had Jackson/Butler follow certain WRs, but more often than not Butler is on the defenses right and Jackson on the left. They are in nickel the majority of the time, but if they do go base it will be Ryan and Jackson.

The Pats have yet to be overly successful running the ball with him. The last 5 weeks they've been rather unsuccessful. I don't wonder if some teams won't start treating him as more of a WR when he's in the game from a personnel stance. When he's in, bring in another safety or CB as if it was a no RB set.

The Patriots have ran it with White more the last three weeks, probably trying to keep defenses balanced, but it doesn't look like they've been successful based on results. If I was running a defense I would invite them to run it with him. Any down Brady isn't throwing is a good down.

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Who is CMU?

I'm assuming he means Central Michigan, but the idea that LaFleur is gonna leave for a lower tier CFB HC job when he's already getting NFL HC interest(according to reports) seems bizarre to me. He is from Michigan and was an assistant at CMU for a couple seasons so I guess that's where the connection comes in?

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm assuming he means Central Michigan, but the idea that LaFleur is gonna leave for a lower tier CFB HC job when he's already getting NFL HC interest(according to reports) seems bizarre to me. He is from Michigan and was an assistant at CMU for a couple seasons so I guess that's where the connection comes in?

Yea going from NFL OC to a lower tier college program even as HC is demotion IMO. Can’t imagine he’d have any interest in that job but I’ve seen weirder things I guess.

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Hey guys what's your thought on Matt LaFleur? 

CMU might being firing their HC and LaFleur seems like the most realistic candidate that people would want. 

Based on what he’s shown so far, I’m not sure why anyone would want him at this point. He’s not been spectacular here by any stretch of the imagination and has our offense ranked 30th. 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Based on what he’s shown so far, I’m not sure why anyone would want him at this point. He’s not been spectacular here by any stretch of the imagination and has our offense ranked 30th. 

Based on reports the NFL hasn't soured on him at all, and given multiple people who have in depth knowledge of the system have said it would take a while for the offense to get going, I don't think the slow start(especially considering the injuries and what not) has deterred anyone. I said it before the LAC game, wait til after the bye to start judging the offense. It actually looked somewhat improved vs LAC before the bye, and then much better overall vs Dallas(after the fumbles anyway, which can't really blame LaFleur for that).

We'll see what happens with it going forward, but I don't think there's much reason to sour on LaFleur given the information we knew going in to the season and what happened to start the season. Don't like how often he likes to run on first down at times,  but no one is 100% happy with their offensive play calling I don't imagine.

13 hours ago, TitanSS said:

@Hunter2_1  It should be the outside corner to whichever side he's lined up on. They have occasionally had Jackson/Butler follow certain WRs, but more often than not Butler is on the defenses right and Jackson on the left. They are in nickel the majority of the time, but if they do go base it will be Ryan and Jackson.

The Pats have yet to be overly successful running the ball with him. The last 5 weeks they've been rather unsuccessful. I don't wonder if some teams won't start treating him as more of a WR when he's in the game from a personnel stance. When he's in, bring in another safety or CB as if it was a no RB set.

The Patriots have ran it with White more the last three weeks, probably trying to keep defenses balanced, but it doesn't look like they've been successful based on results. If I was running a defense I would invite them to run it with him. Any down Brady isn't throwing is a good down.

He's only running it because Michel is out. Michel had four 100 yard games in a row before his injury. We're using god damned Patterson more in the run game than White. 

Archived