Best big board

OneTwoSixFive

When you are deciding where to draft players, is there a 'best' or favourite site you recommend, for determining the order of the top 100 or even 200 odd players ? 

I used to use CBS draft site, but I was never that happy with it and it often had technical issues. NFL.com was better (and more reliable), especially as it kept adding scouting reports on the players, but it isn't up yet.

Currently I am looking at Drafttek which at least appears early, tracks a players rise and fall on their board, and has the top 300. Great Blue North site has the top 109 at the moment. I have never looked to see which site was the most accurate, but I bet someone has.

For just a quick read on prospects, I'd recommend NFL.com and WalterFootball.com, but I prefer to watch the film as well. Check this work out by CalhounLambeau. It's a huge database with links to film and all kinds of measurables and things on a ton of players and probably the most extensive you'll find.

I dig drafttek just because it's easy to get player names, but their rankings are often wonky, and there's no real write up on them on the big board list. Still, if you're just looking for players, its hard to beat the ease of that site. 

Also, Calhoun's database as others have said. 

http://www.draftscout.com/members/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2019&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

Members link to nfldraftscout (free). In the positional hyperlinks on that page there's one for "top 1000". It isn't updated yet, but they'll update it once the season is over and all the underclassmen declare. For now, you can just scroll through the positions (which are routinely updated) and it displays the average amount drafted per position and the average amount drafted in the top 100 per position.

Don't use walterfootball, it's just some guys glorified blog

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

It is, but I do have to give that dude some credit for basically making his living off something he started as a school project. I'm kind of jealous. 

And at least he does have some cursory knowledge of what's going on...he's just really strong in his sometimes ignorant opinions. 

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, there's no real great one.  You just have to kind of browse through all of them, and use it as a general guide.

Agreed. Its so strange. I like to look at some different sites from time to time or magazines in the stores but they can be "right" about so much and then think a guy that everyone expects to go round 1 or 2(and does) actually has a 6th round grade

On 11/8/2018 at 6:32 PM, IDOG_det said:

On 11/8/2018 at 8:24 PM, Forge said:

It is, but I do have to give that dude some credit for basically making his living off something he started as a school project. I'm kind of jealous. 

And at least he does have some cursory knowledge of what's going on...he's just really strong in his sometimes ignorant opinions. 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:40 AM, tom cody said:

Walterfootball.com is usually good. I also pick up a draft preview magazine as well. 

I am a bit biased because that's the forum I came from.  Hell, I've written for his site before.  I've stayed at Walter's house for a fantasy football draft and he is a generally good guy.  Don't always agree with his opinions and he can be a bit out there with some thoughts.  But he does have a basis for his opinions.  

Now Charlie Campbell, and a couple other guys he has brought on, are really good in terms of not only opinions, but also connections with some front offices.  

Archived