Week10 Games

SotanKing

In this Steelers - Panthers game, Panthers had a touchdown first...then immediately Steelers score a touchdown in the first play of drive...then Panthers get the ball back and Cam throws Pick6 in the first play of drive. 

So, there were 3 touchdowns in 3 consecutive plays...does anyone know if something like this ever happened before?

14 hours ago, upriser7 said:

I have seen some people suggesting Panthers are top2/top3 team in last few days and how everyone is sleeping on them.....and now they are getting blown out 14-52 lol

I blame the Thursday night schedule for a minimum of 98% of it. I pretty much always take the home team on TNF, unless it's a case like last week where the 49ers were traveling 30 miles for the game.

If this game was a Sunday nooner, I probably would've picked Carolina. I really believe the two teams are fairly evenly matched. Just the fact it was a primetime game in Pittsburgh on a short week, everything was stacked against the Panthers.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Carolina's loss helps us, right?

Any AFC team beating any NFC (save for the Vikings) is good for the Vikings. It is hard to say, specifically, whether this Carolina loss helps the Vikings but given the current standings it has a strong chance of helping the Vikings. Right now they are the five seed and the Vikings are the six seed. If the Vikings pass the Panthers in the standings that loss will be one of the losses that helps the Vikings pass them.

On the other hand, if the Vikings win the NFC North and the Panthers end up as a wild card or out of the playoffs that Panthers loss will not have helped the Vikings. There is a whole variety of possibilities. But generally it is good for the Vikings when their potential wild card competition loses or their competition for seeding amongst division winners.

I am still hoping for the Vikings to not end up being part of the wild card competition via division victory but as things stand right now competing for a wild card spot is very relevant. Will it be by the end of the year? We don't know.

It is still possible that the Panthers will win that division. They have two game left versus the Saints. And if both the Vikings and Panthers win the division that loss may end up being the different between the two and three seeds. Between a bye and a wild card game.

We won't know specifically whether that loss helped the Vikings at all for some time but generally I am happy about that outcome. I think all Vikings fans should be happy about it.

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

any NFC team above us in the standings that loses helps us, in one way or another.

I don't know about that. With a cursory look it seems that way. However, it has potential to help the Vikings. It has potential to ultimately be irrelevant to the Vikings, or it has the potential to hurt the Vikings if the team that the the NFC team currently above the Vikings in the standings lost to end up being a team that ultimately ends up passing the Vikings in the standings. This has happened. Be careful what you wish for.

However, when it is an AFC team getting the win it is a lot less likely the NFC team's loss would hurt the Vikings. There are always edge cases like the possibility that an AFC team that is playing an NFC team that would make the playoffs if the NFC team wins the game with the alternative being the Packers making the playoffs. In that case, if you are a true Vikings fan, you will be rooting for the NFC team to beat the AFC team.

14 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I thought the safest bet though was to always root for the AFC team though?

No doubt about it, that is the safest bet unless there is a lot more clarity than one could possibly have at this point of the season. The point is, it is still a bet while being the safest bet. It isn't a sure thing that at the end of the day it ends up being in the Vikings best interest.

Archived