Troy Aikman: Cowboys need complete franchise overhaul, starting with Jerry Jones

DigInBoys

“Go through the list [of coaches] and this team, over a long period of time, has been what it’s been,” Aikman told 1310 The Ticket. “It hasn’t always mattered who the head coach has been. So to me, if you’re asking me, I’d say there has to be a complete overhaul of the entire organization.

You just can’t simply replace head coaches and say, ‘Now it’s going to be better.’ No, it’s been shown that it’s not better. And you have to address how everything is being done.”

“And there’s been times where I’ve heard Jerry say, ‘OK, look, we’re going to do it differently,” Aikman said. “I’m going to do it differently.’ But it’s the same. Nothing changes. And that to me is the bigger issue, beyond, ‘Yes, coaching’s important, personnel, all those things are important, but how are you going about evaluating? How are you going about running the organization?”

“I talk to people who have been inside the building and have a pretty good understanding of how things are run, and in a lot of ways there’s a lot of dysfunction,” Aikman said. “And that has to change if this team is going to be able to compete on a consistent basis like the teams you look to around the league that seemingly are in the hunt each and every year.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/troy-aikman-calls-jerry-jones-cowboys-struggles-theres-lot-dysfunction-000137465.html

At no point did he suggest it should start with Jerry, regardless if it's obviously and correctly implied.

Then again who knows, Troy might have some pent up resentment towards Jerry for screwing up the Jimmy Johnson Dynasty? Troy might be the QB sitting here with 5 SB rings had Jerry sat back and enjoyed like a normal owner would rather then trying to take all the credit himself.

Thank You Jerry. Thank you! That scenario would of been unbareable.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Troy might be the QB sitting here with 5 SB rings had Jerry sat back and enjoyed like a normal owner would rather then trying to take all the credit himself.

Extremely unlikely. The Cowboys won as many SBs as they could given the restraints placed upon the League by free agency and the salary cap.

9 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8343/jason-garrett

The Athletic's Calvin Watkins reports an anonymous agent was told by 10 players the Cowboys "are one of the worst-coached teams they’ve been on."

I have been complaining about the coaching for almost 15 years. The play calling on offense has been so bad the Cowboys probably missed at least one Super Bowl.

Like Al Davis before he passed away, the NFL has passed by Jerry Jones. He was great once upon a time and did great things to help expand the NFL. But that's behind him and he just isn't any good anymore.

He said a long time ago something like, "I'm putting too much time and money into this to not be involved." But it's time he stopped being so involved. And it's been that way for a while now.

Archived