Preseason game #2: Raiders vs. Rams

RaidersAreOne

Reggie is an incredible GM.  I hope he keeps up the great work.  The guy has put together a powerhouse compared to what we used to be.  I couldn't be more happy with him.  I love looking forward to the possibility of us making the playoffs instead of picking in the top 5.  I care so little about the draft compared to before.  All these other teams are excited about their top 5 picks while the Raiders are aiming for AFC West champs and the Super Bowl.

9 hours ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

firs of all i have to say to me is really stupid that a team has 10 +losing season like the raiders have between 2002 and 2012 2013 i dont remember, so thas not too dificult to improve, , we all know that al made those crazy picks , so when reggie took us it was almos impossible to go down

then , i knever said that reggie worst has been awful, or bad or terrible , bad , i think i said , its mediocre which is regular to me, why ? .... despite i am not sure i think we havent had a top defenses the las 5 years , how da hell youre going to go deep wiouth a good defense , 2. as must as i hate to say it , i think , i think Dereck Karr is a good QB , but not an ELite qb, i know last year he put great numbers , but thats the feel i have

and i could continuo with some other reggie decisiton that i havent like like bring trend richardson i think was his name, the RB , etc etc ,

but, lests wait and lest hope, that  i am wrong , because all we talked right now, we weel knew the truth at the end of the season ...

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions but this somewhat surprises me.

I can understand Reggie taking criticism for the trades for Matt Flynn or Matt Schaub, his trading away of Carson Palmer, the selection of Dennis Allen as HC or some of his draft choices - all of which have mitigating circumstances - we can't expect any GM to be perfect.  But I am confused as to why you would think Trent Richardson was a very bad decision, he was brought in, didn't show enough and let go before the season started - a very low stakes gamble that didn't pay off. With regard to Carr, I would have thought most people would be happy with a good quality franchise QB even if you don't think he's elite when compared to guys like Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Garoppolo who were also picked in the first couple rounds - he's clearly the best of the bunch by some way. And compared to what we were trotting out there for the preceding 10 years he's light years ahead. 

I would agree that from where we've been it's not too hard to improve, though a few teams like the Brown and Jags have shown it isn't inevitable to go from terrible to playoffs just because you have high draft picks. We were I thought, looking like genuine Super Bowl contenders last season, even with a below average defence.

What would you consider a good season this year? And what do you think we should do if we fell short of that mark?

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Well, we're all entitled to our opinions but this somewhat surprises me.

I can understand Reggie taking criticism for the trades for Matt Flynn or Matt Schaub, his trading away of Carson Palmer, the selection of Dennis Allen as HC or some of his draft choices - all of which have mitigating circumstances - we can't expect any GM to be perfect.  But I am confused as to why you would think Trent Richardson was a very bad decision, he was brought in, didn't show enough and let go before the season started - a very low stakes gamble that didn't pay off. With regard to Carr, I would have thought most people would be happy with a good quality franchise QB even if you don't think he's elite when compared to guys like Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Garoppolo who were also picked in the first couple rounds - he's clearly the best of the bunch by some way. And compared to what we were trotting out there for the preceding 10 years he's light years ahead. 

I would agree that from where we've been it's not too hard to improve, though a few teams like the Brown and Jags have shown it isn't inevitable to go from terrible to playoffs just because you have high draft picks. We were I thought, looking like genuine Super Bowl contenders last season, even with a below average defence.

What would you consider a good season this year? And what do you think we should do if we fell short of that mark?

well i   will consider in my humble opinion ,  this a good season if we win 1 playoff  game , anithing above that will be good , anithyn less , we fell short of the mark,

Archived