Preseason game #2: Raiders vs. Rams

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Embarrassing first post to be honest.

i been here since 2006 , this a new account  , and i was  one of the the few whoo said dont draft jamarcurss russel ,  and everybody shoot at me for that ,

now i said reggies works seems mediocre to me , not that bad not tha good , but wont be enouhg to take us to the next level , and i got  hate for that , buts k, i am use to it  B|

3 hours ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

so like i said like 7 years ago, we are not going to win  anithing with reggie ,

keep the hate, time  always said who was right  :ph34r:

I havent been very happy with the last 2 drafts, but to say we cant win anything with Reggie is wrong.  We won 12 games last year and lost our QB in week 16.  We could have beat the Texans with Carr as QB.

We still have a young, talented team.  Getting rid of Smith, Nelson, and 1-2 more contracts after this offseason will make it so we keep Mack and Cooper with our other core players.  We are really one good MLB, OLB, and DT from being SB contenders/favorites.  Conley, I believe will be solid for us for years to come and Vanderdoes just needs some more experience.  We could use an upgrade of Jelly in the other DT spot.  I hope Reggie sees our need for a MLB and gives Riley Jr a chance to come back and man the middle.  We could use his help this season while these younger guys develop.

4 hours ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

i been here since 2006 , this a new account  , and i was  one of the the few whoo said dont draft jamarcurss russel ,  and everybody shoot at me for that ,

now i said reggies works seems mediocre to me , not that bad not tha good , but wont be enouhg to take us to the next level , and i got  hate for that , buts k, i am use to it  B|

Reggie was brought in to reboot the franchise. You can not like the way he has done it but he has garnered results that are not only recognized by the team but by the league as well.

He stripped down a salary cap strapped mediocre team and built them into a playoff contender, going from 4-12 in 2012 to 12 -4 in 2016 but tell me again about how he can't take us to the next level. He has been level stepping since he got the cap under control. The proof is in the result and he has built a team that is not only successful but is near the height of their popularity even in the midst of the Vegas moving story. If, at the end of this year, we don't make the playoffs then you has a basis for pessimistic sentiment, but after 2 preseason games to jump out and call his work is mediocre it shines a light on your true troll nature.

36 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Reggie was brought in to reboot the franchise. You can not like the way he has done it but he has garnered results that are not only recognized by the team but by the league as well.

He stripped down a salary cap strapped mediocre team and built them into a playoff contender, going from 4-12 in 2012 to 12 -4 in 2016 but tell me again about how he can take us to the next level. He has been level stepping since he got the cap under control. The proof is in the result and he has built a team that is not only successful but is near the height of their popularity even in the midst of the Vegas moving story. If, at the end of this year, we don't make the playoffs then you has a basis for pessimistic sentiment, but after 2 preseason games to jump out and call his work is mediocre it shines a light on your true troll nature.

Thats pretty much where I am at.  He was handed the worst team in the league with no 1st round or 2nd round picks, no cap space, and no talent when he took over.  He also took over a team that no respectable free agent would want to play for and has turned it into a winner.  His drafting outside of Carr, Mack, MEJ, Joseph and a few others have been suspect, but he is getting results.  There isnt much to complain about though, considering 4 years ago we were the laughing stock of the NFL, and now we are considered threats to win the SB.

3 hours ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

Congrats you didn't like Jamarcus. Do you want a cupcake?

Mediocre work includes having the most pro bowlers in the NFL last year? 12-4 in the AFC West. Thats k, I am use to twitter trolls. Just not on FF.

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Last year our excuse was not having MEJ and Aldon.

Now I see some clamoring for two rookie DBs to make everything better. Fact of the matter is, we're just a bad defensive team. Dennis Allen and Jason Tarver had a much less talented defense playing way better than this crap we've seen the last two years. It's Khalil Mack or bust like JDR said.

Speaking of JDR, if this season plays out and its once again our defense holding us back, I wouldn't be opposed to letting him go. He might not be the coach to get this team to the next level.

He might be our John Fox.

3-13

Hire JDR

7-9

12-4

Reggie, JDR, and KNJ all share equal blame for the defense. The problem is not firing KNJ yet

21 minutes ago, Darkness said:

3-13

Hire JDR

7-9

12-4

Reggie, JDR, and KNJ all share equal blame for the defense. The problem is not firing KNJ yet

The NFL and fans in general are way too quick to want to fire a coordinator or coach. JDR and KNJ have had 2 years to install a defense. A defense that is a proven system. I think it takes 4-5 years to really build a roster and teach them the scheme properly. I believe we still in the middle of building this defense. I think we have 6-7 of the 11 guys on the roster that we need in starter roles to make the defense go.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

The NFL and fans in general are way too quick to want to fire a coordinator or coach. JDR and KNJ have had 2 years to install a defense. A defense that is a proven system. I think it takes 4-5 years to really build a roster and teach them the scheme properly. I believe we still in the middle of building this defense. I think we have 6-7 of the 11 guys on the roster that we need in starter roles to make the defense go.

Edit: you fit the system to your players' strengths. E.g. Sean Smith pressing, not playing Autry in the middle in goal line situations...

"Middle" of building this defense, and yet it's bottom 5-10. Look at the lack of adjustments by the staff, communication errors, etc. I just don't understand how a team can look that bad on defense. It's almost like they're trying to allow easy scores on every drive.

There is some talent, but the defensive coaching is mediocre under Norton. If roster building started in 2013, it's been 4-5 years already. Mckenzie's had the 2013,14,15,16, and 17 draft to help get things going. He's done a good job, but there's no excuse for the defense looking this horrendous.

Linebacker is still a huge question mark and going super unproven is never a great bet. We haven't signed any vets at positions of need, though teams like KC (under their old GM) have done it with great success. Even when Adams has looked damn good on 2nd team, he hasn't gotten 1st team reps in games.

IMO give the reins to Pagano if he doesn't already have them. Dude has run successful defenses in this league and is a capable, proven defensive coach. And he's done it with a lot of injuries on the Chargers.

There's still plenty of time to right the ship, but so far isn't encouraging in the slightest.

50 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Edit: you fit the system to your players' strengths. E.g. Sean Smith pressing, not playing Autry in the middle in goal line situations...

"Middle" of building this defense, and yet it's bottom 5-10. Look at the lack of adjustments by the staff, communication errors, etc. I just don't understand how a team can look that bad on defense. It's almost like they're trying to allow easy scores on every drive.

There is some talent, but the defensive coaching is mediocre under Norton. If roster building started in 2013, it's been 4-5 years already. Mckenzie's had the 2013,14,15,16, and 17 draft to help get things going. He's done a good job, but there's no excuse for the defense looking this horrendous.

Linebacker is still a huge question mark and going super unproven is never a great bet. We haven't signed any vets at positions of need, though teams like KC (under their old GM) have done it with great success. Even when Adams has looked damn good on 2nd team, he hasn't gotten 1st team reps in games.

IMO give the reins to Pagano if he doesn't already have them. Dude has run successful defenses in this league and is a capable, proven defensive coach. And he's done it with a lot of injuries on the Chargers.

There's still plenty of time to right the ship, but so far isn't encouraging in the slightest.

I'm not gonna get into a back in forth on the coaching that neither of us know ANYTHING about.

You guys can all rail against KNJ but he isn't going anywhere and that is the right move as we build the roster and the scheme. We need to train up the young guys and stay consistent to the scheme which we know works. As we get more and more pieces and the group plays together more and more they'll improve.

1 hour ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

This forum during the preseason :/ every single year.....

Although it would be best if everyone ignores latinraiderfan. I also don't get how your spelling and grammar gets worse with every post. Whatever though

Haha...thinking the same thing.

If we come out and dominate in the 3rd preseason game some will think we are going to the Superbowl lol. It's just preseason let the coaches do their jobs it's not like they're delusional. We'll still win a lot of games and when it's all said and done make the playoffs without a catastrophic injury.

The best you can hope for is making the playoffs once you get there all bets are off and anything can happen especially with a franchise QB. Our window is wide it's not a 2 or 3 year deal like in the past.

Wether it is RM or the coaching staff it is starting to become clear that we do not value the middle of the D.  We do not have an ILB that is making more than $1 million this year and the only DT making more than that is Jelly at just under $2 million.  The only reason why he is getting that much is that he is in the final year of his rookie deal.  To put it into perspective we paid our #3-4 WR Patterson more than our starting DTs and LBs (excluding Irvin) combined.  I understand we need to look for value but he is almost making more than all the DTs an ILBs combined that we curently have under contract while carrying 90 players.  That is ten players as of right now.

6 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'm not gonna get into a back in forth on the coaching that neither of us know ANYTHING about.

You guys can all rail against KNJ but he isn't going anywhere and that is the right move as we build the roster and the scheme. We need to train up the young guys and stay consistent to the scheme which we know works. As we get more and more pieces and the group plays together more and more they'll improve.

You honestly think knj is going to see the end result of this,so called rebuilt defense? You dont think he going to get the same treatment musgrave got and wont be renewed. What can jdr and knj say to reggie to make him renew his contract next offseason. 6 or 7 starters on a defense is good enough to be average. Honestly all we need is average, to hover around 13-17. Just not the garbage we been. 

Archived