Joe Flacco has a hip injury - Lamar Jackson will start vs Bengals

pwny

According to the article, while the severity of the injury is unknown, his status for this upcoming week may be in jeopardy. Given their status with quarterbacks on the roster, I figure this was worth discussing even if it turns out to be minor.

With first round pick Lamar Jackson waiting in the wing, this might be when the Ravens take a look at their future starter. 

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

With first round pick Lamar Jackson waiting in the wing, this might be when the Ravens take a look at their future starter. 

Considering they're on the bye week, I'm all but certain this is the next step.

8 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I think this is a manufactured excuse to play Lamar. To save face. When there's talk about coaches being fired, those sorts of things tend to happen.

That was my first thought as well but I doubt Joe would be silent if it wasn't the case.

Just a convenient excuse to start Jackson. If they start RGIII they'll be just as laughable a coaching staff/FO as the Giants last year with Geno.

Gutless!

1 hour ago, Classic said:

End of an era. Can't wait to see what RG3 or Lamar have. Flacco is about to be a Raider or Miami's backup(cause you know they'll never move on from Tannehill) next year.

I'm thinking NY Giants, playing caddie for Will Grier...

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I think this is a manufactured excuse to play Lamar. To save face. When there's talk about coaches being fired, those sorts of things tend to happen.

I don't think it's manufactured. He did injure his hip last game (I think). However, I joked a few days ago on Reddit that this was exactly the scenario that would be the best possible long-term case for this team because it would give us a plausible situation to put Joe on IR and play Lamar then some team trades for Joe next season when we just roll with Lamar and don't look back.

Archived