Joe Flacco Hip Injury

DreamKid

This one deserves it's own thread.

Oh boy. Pretty bad timing for Flacco to have this injury with all of the recent Jackson speculation and Harbuagh's hot seat rumblings. If Lamar does end up starting I'm expecting some rough patches, but hey the Bengals have had Baltimore's number anyways.

For all of the Lamar Jackson haters, this was a major reason why it was smart to make the move to get him.

Regardless of if Flacco's dip in ability was caused by injuries....he's still getting injured at a much higher frequency than before and it's hurting the team significantly. We couldn't just throw our arms up and have no secondary option if the trend continued, which it looks like it has.

Now we can lean on a cheap option, with big time potential, that will give Defensive Coordinators more headaches than any other backup QB in the league.

9 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

This one deserves it's own thread.

Oh boy. Pretty bad timing for Flacco to have this injury with all of the recent Jackson speculation and Harbuagh's hot seat rumblings. If Lamar does end up starting I'm expecting some rough patches, but hey the Bengals have had Baltimore's number anyways.

Jackson's ability to effect Time Of Possession and that Elite Defense we supposedly have will be key.

Well this makes the decision to rest everyone instead of practicing this week all the more perplexing.  Those extra 1st team reps would have been useful for Lamar to build some chemistry with the veteran WRs that he probably hasn't been throwing to all that much

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Are people applauding him being injured, or just being happy that we finally get to see Lamar Jackson?

I've seen both.

Also...we've seen Lamar Jackson. He's got some juice, but also is the guy who missed that novice throw to Willie Snead a couple weeks ago and fumbled the exchange with Gus Edwards in last week's game. I swear people are going to hold this kid to unreal expectations and then roast him when he inevitably plays like a Rookie. 

Archived