Jump to content
DreamKid

Joe Flacco Hip Injury

Recommended Posts

you guys need just dump Flacco and develop Lamar Jackson.. I would sign Levon Bell with the cap relief to stick it to the steelers.. maybe draft a wideout early in the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

you guys need just dump Flacco and develop Lamar Jackson.. I would sign Levon Bell with the cap relief to stick it to the steelers.. maybe draft a wideout early in the draft

Do you actually like SixNine lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

yes, shame what happened

Wow, I hadn't seen all that. I was more just mocking how the guy operates and him being a sub par talent. The Feds conviction rate is strong, dude is likely finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I honestly just kind of want him to return for one last Flacco vs Ryan matchup.

Matty Melt vs Joe Cool.

Funny to think we tried to trade up for Matt Ryan too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how we' don't start Lamar next week. It's not like Flacco was lighting it up before he got hurt, and the offense is starting to develop a rhythm and identity for the first time in a long time with Lamar in there. In particular, the running game looks dangerous for the first time all season and that's a direct consequence of the way we can scheme things up with Lamar on the field. The best way to slow down that Falcons offense is to keep them off the field. 

And from a locker room standpoint, you really don't get the sense that the team is going to be clamoring for Joe to go back in. In fact listening to people in the know like Zrebiec, there's even been a bit of a sense that Lamar has a real 'presence' in the locker room and that he's already a guy that people gravitate towards. I think it'd be dangerous to mess with a good thing here pulling him right after he helped stabilize the team and the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I don't see how we' don't start Lamar next week. It's not like Flacco was lighting it up before he got hurt, and the offense is starting to develop a rhythm and identity for the first time in a long time with Lamar in there. In particular, the running game looks dangerous for the first time all season and that's a direct consequence of the way we can scheme things up with Lamar on the field. The best way to slow down that Falcons offense is to keep them off the field. 

And from a locker room standpoint, you really don't get the sense that the team is going to be clamoring for Joe to go back in. In fact listening to people in the know like Zrebiec, there's even been a bit of a sense that Lamar has a real 'presence' in the locker room and that he's already a guy that people gravitate towards. I think it'd be dangerous to mess with a good thing here pulling him right after he helped stabilize the team and the season. 

It's tough, but I'm leaning this way as well. Giving off serious RG3 rookie year vibes (except worse passing, better running). Gus is playing like Alfred Morris as well.

Edited by M.10.E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I don't see how we' don't start Lamar next week. It's not like Flacco was lighting it up before he got hurt, and the offense is starting to develop a rhythm and identity for the first time in a long time with Lamar in there. In particular, the running game looks dangerous for the first time all season and that's a direct consequence of the way we can scheme things up with Lamar on the field. The best way to slow down that Falcons offense is to keep them off the field. 

And from a locker room standpoint, you really don't get the sense that the team is going to be clamoring for Joe to go back in. In fact listening to people in the know like Zrebiec, there's even been a bit of a sense that Lamar has a real 'presence' in the locker room and that he's already a guy that people gravitate towards. I think it'd be dangerous to mess with a good thing here pulling him right after he helped stabilize the team and the season. 

I’m going back and forth on it. The loyal fan in me, wants to see Flacco get his last shot and do with it, what he may.

I also feel that if Flacco is on, he gives us a better chance to win in tough games because he’s less likely to eat up TOs due to confusion (and other types of rookie mistakes). Also I have to acknowledge that the two teams that we just beat to “establish momentum” are two teams that weren’t particularly good this season (though it seems Cincy just gave up after our loss put their season in serious doubt).

So considering that, it’ll be interesting to see if Lamar keeps this offense looking as good as it has against a quality defense (which I believe he can) or if he’s not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we switch back to Flacco for the rest of the year, there has to be an emphasis on taking the ball out of his hands and using the running game and PA to setup the passing game. We can't just switch back to this pass-happy, throw 50 times a game offense with Flacco and expect to make the playoffs.

Basically, it needs to be same philosophy we've had with Lamar under center, just with Flacco taking the snaps and not Lamar, but still mixing in Lamar for various running plays (and for God sakes, take Flacco off the damn field).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as long as JH is the head coach, JF will be the starter if healthy. can't see Harbaugh benching his SB MVP QB for a rookie, its just not how he is operating things iyam.

there is a reason rookies rarely start for the Ravens, its a pattern of JH and i can't see LJ being an exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

as long as JH is the head coach, JF will be the starter if healthy. can't see Harbaugh benching his SB MVP QB for a rookie, its just not how he is operating things iyam.

there is a reason rookies rarely start for the Ravens, its a pattern of JH and i can't see LJ being an exception.

Perhaps. I think for at least one more week, Harbaugh can plausibly keep starting Lamar without actually wading into the conversation of who he prefers between the two simply by using Flacco's injury as cover and saying he's not 100% yet and that's why he's not back yet. If Lamar has a stinker next week, it's easier to pull him for Flacco at that point, and if Lamar has another solid game/we pick up another win, I think you've got enough momentum at that point to just say you don't want to mess with a good thing. 

Beyond the fact that we've played pretty well on offense these past 2 weeks that will probably factor in Harbaugh's mind is that you could argue that even more than making the playoffs this year, his future in Baltimore probably comes down to whether he can convince DeCosta and Bisciotti that he and his staff are best positioned to develop Lamar moving forward. If he hooks Lamar this week and Flacco does his normal inconsistent Flacco thing and we end up missing the playoffs, then Harbaugh is a dead man walking. But if he sticks with Lamar, even if we miss the playoffs, if we see enough growth/promise from Lamar, that may be enough to buy him another year with the promise of a fresh start/new QB. 

Which is to say - I don't think it necessarily benefits John Harbaugh to tie his own job security to Joe Flacco's, and he may know that already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Perhaps. I think for at least one more week, Harbaugh can plausibly keep starting Lamar without actually wading into the conversation of who he prefers between the two simply by using Flacco's injury as cover and saying he's not 100% yet and that's why he's not back yet. If Lamar has a stinker next week, it's easier to pull him for Flacco at that point, and if Lamar has another solid game/we pick up another win, I think you've got enough momentum at that point to just say you don't want to mess with a good thing. 

Beyond the fact that we've played pretty well on offense these past 2 weeks that will probably factor in Harbaugh's mind is that you could argue that even more than making the playoffs this year, his future in Baltimore probably comes down to whether he can convince DeCosta and Bisciotti that he and his staff are best positioned to develop Lamar moving forward. If he hooks Lamar this week and Flacco does his normal inconsistent Flacco thing and we end up missing the playoffs, then Harbaugh is a dead man walking. But if he sticks with Lamar, even if we miss the playoffs, if we see enough growth/promise from Lamar, that may be enough to buy him another year with the promise of a fresh start/new QB. 

Which is to say - I don't think it necessarily benefits John Harbaugh to tie his own job security to Joe Flacco's, and he may know that already. 

These are excellent points. It is absolutely in Harbaugh's interest to see how Jackson performs on the road before making a decision. If he can string out Flacco's injury for one more week, he'll have a much clearer picture of Lamar's ceiling this year. 

If the Ravens defense doesn't play well, though, it might not matter how Harbaugh handles the QB situation. I am fine with Mornhinweg and Roman running the offense with Lamar Jackson in 2019, DeCosta can go find a defensive-minded HC to replace Harbaugh.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×