Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

pretty sure John Harbaugh actually wants this risk-adverse, low scoring offense to be installed. low risk plays, rely on defense to keep your opponent form scoring, won't work every game but will do for a 9-7 record if everything falls in place.

JUST GOOD ENOUGH.

he really is the new Jeff Fisher to me. need to get rid of him and everybody he brought in asap.

Yeah, the approach above is not the solution, and Harbaugh is not Jeff Fisher. We certainly could have focused more on fixing stuff we knew where weak coming into the season, but that is an FO task.

The change has to be on the offensive side of the ball. The Eagles just gave a new contract to Jeffery, so Torrey Smith is a likely cut. He would seem like the type of player they would bring in on a lower salary to finish his career where it started and fill the role Wallace has.

36 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Oops. Wrong thread again 

but while I’m here, what more do people want from Pees? We have one of the best defenses in the league and we’re 6-5 with the worst offense we’ve ever had 

Considering we couldn't stop anything without Brandon Williams, there are certainly reason for the blame. With how heavily we invested in the defense two drafts in a row plus adding the safeties and cornerbacks we did, results had to come this year.

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

It's fair to say that the defnse is meeting high expectations. Can't ask for much more than a definite top 2 unit.

The criticism about the vanilla pass rush is legit though. + we can't figure out to use a tim williams

4 minutes ago, Danand said:

Why?

Outside of the fact that he's barely 5'11'' and I'm not touching any receiver at that size with our first round pick, I just don't think he's all that good. He's basically living off the hype from the Arkansas game this year.  Exclude that outlier from his game logs and he's had a very pedestrian season at A&M.

Y’all are probably going to hate me but I still want to go BPA. I don’t want to see some player we pass on turn out to be an elite pass rusher and a few years from now be saying, “remember that year we needed a RT?” I really think our best bet on the O Line is with the guys we already have under contract. But we definitely need to get some depth 

@Danand

Kirk looks like another human joystick player and I have never seen that work in the NFL

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Outside of the fact that he's barely 5'11'' and I'm not touching any receiver at that size with our first round pick, I just don't think he's all that good. He's basically living off the hype from the Arkansas game this year.  Exclude that outlier from his game logs and he's had a very pedestrian season at A&M.

whispers Antonio Brown is 5'11, so is Odell and Doug Baldwin.

Edited by Darth Pees
  • Like 1

At this stage I'm really hoping that BPA ends up being a RT, WR or C.

Any WR we draft needs to be more of a route running/possession type receiver with good hands, instead of the deep threat guys this FO seems to like to draft if they draft a WR in the first 4 or so rounds